Canada: Do the Cannabis Record Suspensions include simple Hashish possession?

DaddyKush

The reason I've been holding off applying for a Record Suspension is that my conviction was for hashish, which technically isn't cannabis if the government wants to split hairs over it. Does anyone know if the Canadian government is pardoning people with hashish possession convictions? I can't find any information on this.

Two grams of hash in 1990 has haunted me my entire adult life. 29 years later and that little conviction still rears its ugly head every time I apply for a job or need some type of security check. It's ridiculous.

I applied for a pardon a few years back, and after dropping the $631 dollar application fee and paying the cops for a record check, they denied me over a parking ticket in 2009, which they said indicated a "clear disregard for the laws of Canada". The whole thing has been equal parts horror show and a bad joke.

At any rate, does anyone know if possession of hash excludes me from the Record Suspension program?

The are treating it like Edibles and Concentrates aren't they? So lumped in with Cannabis one would think, but probably one that would be best to ask a lawyer or somehow try to ask the "system/govt." before you waste time/money on it.

Quick websearch brought up hash being a concentrate that was legal to sell up there now (unless they changed the rules since that was put online, as OR was changing them all the time at first and finally slowed down a bit on that baloney):

When it comes to concentrates, Health Canada will impose a cap of 1,000 milligrams of THC in a single package. The limit will apply to extracts including shatter, wax, hash, and other concentrates.

Yes. Seems one might want more factual i formation than one might find here.

Good q friend

Cheers

The reason I've been holding off applying for a Record Suspension is that my conviction was for hashish, which technically isn't cannabis if the government wants to split hairs over it. Does anyone know if the Canadian government is pardoning people with hashish possession convictions? I can't find any information on this.

Two grams of hash in 1990 has haunted me my entire adult life. 29 years later and that little conviction still rears its ugly head every time I apply for a job or need some type of security check. It's ridiculous.

I applied for a pardon a few years back, and after dropping the $631 dollar application fee and paying the cops for a record check, they denied me over a parking ticket in 2009, which they said indicated a "clear disregard for the laws of Canada". The whole thing has been equal parts horror show and a bad joke.

At any rate, does anyone know if possession of hash excludes me from the Record Suspension program?

Are you fucking kidding me ? Hashish is a derivative of THC . It would test positive for THC, and is a product of cannabis . ZERO difference . If the Gov't nit picks that than their experts truly are retarded and I will head back underground. GOOD LORD!!!

Back
Top Bottom