Canada: Marijuana Tolerance

Stoobie

I saw a show prolly 6 months ago, i forgot what city it was maybe toronto, but it was all about how weed is illegal there but its very laid back, the cops dont care and wont bust anyone if youre not being a jackass. Was I dreaming or can someone tell me what city it is in Canada?

I think that's Vancouver you're talking about... I'm not too familiar with the exact laws up there, but I hear its pretty lax.

yeah i think that was it thanks man, looks like im scheduling a vacation. I heard they have coffee shops too

^So i hear... apparently theres a part of town dubbed 'Vansterdam,' but I've only been once when I was a child so i can't say anything bout the place for sure.

ill have to check in to it

Vancouver -- the city -- is referred to as Vansterdam. Then down on West Hastings there are a couple head shops and Amsterdam Cafe all in a row. Blunt Bros. was there before it was destroyed and is rebuilding across the street.

i know here in montreal nobody gives a fuck. every morning when i get off of the bus whit 20 30 strangers i smoke my joint in front of my college's doors. i think that here people really know that weed is not a dangerous thing :peace:

it is called Vansterdam downtown by Hastings St. I lived there for a few years, there are coffee shops and it is very relaxing atmosphere. But most people don't realize Toronto is like the same with a few coffee shops and compassion clubs just more low key then Vancouver is, BC and Ontario are prime destinations for vacations or people looking for good buds. :Rasta:

PaRaLyZeD-420 said:
it is called Vansterdam downtown by Hastings St. I lived there for a few years, there are coffee shops and it is very relaxing atmosphere. But most people don't realize Toronto is like the same with a few coffee shops and compassion clubs just more low key then Vancouver is, BC and Ontario are prime destinations for vacations or people looking for good buds. :Rasta:
Cept with Tdot if you get caught... the cops may well take your bud and smoke it themselves.

anybody familiar with the Toronto bud life? i wont be in Toronto, but this summer im visiting Michigan (close to Port Huron) and i guess Toronto would be the closest big Canadian city.

Haha, my buddy got busted with half a joint and a gram.. ended up with a court date and a hefty fine.

Then we had a cop show up at our apartment on a noise complaint... comes in to find a quarter of shrooms and a quarter of weed on the table... next to the scale, buster lid, and three rolled joints.
He simply took the weed and shrooms, warned us to be quiet, and then said "here, you'll probably need these once I leave" and left the joints.

:laughtwo: I think it really depends on the cop -- if they're having a good day or not, or whether or not they're reached quota. 'Course giving the officer a bit of respect helps a lot too.

eff a vacation...... i just want to plain move there.......

canada in general is just so much more inviting - i mean c'mon you cant compete with a country that gives free healthcare to its citizens..... (and their tolerance of MJ doesnt hurt the appeal either )

im thinking either Vancouver,
or Vexys neighborhood ;)

PinkZeppelin said:
anybody familiar with the Toronto bud life? i wont be in Toronto, but this summer im visiting Michigan (close to Port Huron) and i guess Toronto would be the closest big Canadian city.

I live in London Ontario and its the largest city south of Toronto 350 000 people, awesome city, pot café just closed with plans to reopen in the summer. Not well known yet, but some of Canada's best bud comes from southern Ontario. All within 2hrs from the Buffalo, NY. Detroit and Port Huron, Michigan boarders.

anyone here about the big bust like a year back. there was a dumptruck coming in through the bridge from canada in port huron carrying i cant remember how many tons of weed in hockey bags. anyway the weed was worth a couple million dollars

I have never had a problem with cops, I do though usally smoke inside and when i go to toronto i usally down to Kensington Market where Roach-o-Rama/Hot box cafe is located and I smoke there. its pretty chill. in the location where you can smoke its got funny little stoner things that make you trip its fun. I mean cops come in there just to look around. one time this cop came and just looked at all us people smoking pot and laughed and walked out.

Back
Top Bottom