Canada Pot laws are hilarious

Remystemple

So. the main thing i'm focusing on here is the growing. we're allowed to grow 4 pants legally and store as much pot in our home as we can. But the only weed we're allowed to grow legally is from seeds or cuttings supplied by a government agency like the liquor control board or whatever.

Here's the catch. They're not selling seeds or cuttings LMAO.

so every grow in canada right now is basically still illegal. what a joke.

If i ever have a problem i'll just claim that i grew plants from seeds i found in legal weed from the government lol. If they wanna take me to court they'll have to pay to have the genetics of the plants tested in order to win the case.

Next stop is the doctors office for a medicinal license.

So. the main thing i'm focusing on here is the growing. we're allowed to grow 4 pants legally and store as much pot in our home as we can. But the only weed we're allowed to grow legally is from seeds or cuttings supplied by a government agency like the liquor control board or whatever.

Here's the catch. They're not selling seeds or cuttings LMAO.

so every grow in canada right now is basically still illegal. what a joke.

If i ever have a problem i'll just claim that i grew plants from seeds i found in legal weed from the government lol. If they wanna take me to court they'll have to pay to have the genetics of the plants tested in order to win the case.

Next stop is the doctors office for a medicinal license.

Laws differ from province to province, thought we were only allowed to store 5 ounces at home. Here in quebec we are not supposed to grow but it's only a 250$ fine if we are caught with 4 plants, I wonder if they seize our equipment though.

Laws differ from province to province, thought we were only allowed to store 5 ounces at home. Here in quebec we are not supposed to grow but it's only a 250$ fine if we are caught with 4 plants, I wonder if they seize our equipment though.

Yeah you're right. it does differ a bit per province. I know in ontario there's no limit of what you can store in your home, but you can only have 30g in public. or 150 fresh. i guess 1g dried = 5g fresh. and 1 seed also equals 1g dried lol. you're allowed to gift up to 30g legal weed to an adult.

There's a lot of grey area. Like what if my medicinal user friend gives me 4 seeds? it just seems like some of the laws are gonna be hard to enforce and even harder to stick to people in court.

So I was worried for a bit until I actually thought about it. They'd have their work cut out for them if they tried to bust someone for 4 plants that wasn't from the "legal" seeds. But really, unless you're selling it or growing a massive amount at once how would any attention even come to you?

Nice bud in that pic btw. YUUUUUUUMMMMMM!

Another funny part is i read an article where someone from the government was saying that growing seeds found in legal weed would 100% grow hermies.

Now im' still new to growing, but i can't and won't believe that lol.

I was under the impression that possession and distribution of seeds was legal in Canada, thus all the seed banks.

SAME HERE!!! lmao. It's really so confusing now.

SAME HERE!!! lmao. It's really so confusing now.

I looked it up, you are right they are legal to possess but only from government-licensed companies, all other seed banks are illegal just not enforced, what a joke. I guess like you said the spirit of the law applies..stick to four plants and don't sell and you'll be OK. I swear to god officer, I found those seeds

In BC you are allowed to grow 4 plants per residence. Not per person but residence. So with us having a legal suite can I grow 8. Or does it have to be 4 and 4. Then we own another house so am I allowed 12 or 4, 4 and 4. I am in the process of gathering equipment for my legal grow. We are also allowed 1000 grams stored at home so am I allowed 3000. Yep it's confusing. I emailed Johnny Horgan who is our TOP DOG being the Premier of BC complaining about not being able to buy legal seeds. Told him since no one is supplying any retailers with legal seeds then give me an alternative or I will be getting them from the black market in the absence of legal methods. Also mentioned no legal producers of seeds want to sell seeds or clones and the reason is simple. Sell legal buds and a person will be back in a week or so. Sell legal seeds or clones and a person will come back when.... The legal producers also have the investors who want returns on investments so why would they sell a seed or clone when the money is in BUDS. Been 3 days and have not heard back. My complaint also outlined the dollar amounts I have spent on procuring items needed for legal grow to date. Also told him BC and the other provinces could simply tell the limited amount of legal seed / clone producers they will not be buying buds from them without getting seeds or clones. It's that easy but they don't want to do that and producers know it.

In BC you are allowed to grow 4 plants per residence. Not per person but residence. So with us having a legal suite can I grow 8. Or does it have to be 4 and 4. Then we own another house so am I allowed 12 or 4, 4 and 4. I am in the process of gathering equipment for my legal grow. We are also allowed 1000 grams stored at home so am I allowed 3000. Yep it's confusing. I emailed Johnny Horgan who is our TOP DOG being the Premier of BC complaining about not being able to buy legal seeds. Told him since no one is supplying any retailers with legal seeds then give me an alternative or I will be getting them from the black market in the absence of legal methods. Also mentioned no legal producers of seeds want to sell seeds or clones and the reason is simple. Sell legal buds and a person will be back in a week or so. Sell legal seeds or clones and a person will come back when.... The legal producers also have the investors who want returns on investments so why would they sell a seed or clone when the money is in BUDS. Been 3 days and have not heard back. My complaint also outlined the dollar amounts I have spent on procuring items needed for legal grow to date. Also told him BC and the other provinces could simply tell the limited amount of legal seed / clone producers they will not be buying buds from them without getting seeds or clones. It's that easy but they don't want to do that and producers know it.

It'll take a few court cases to clear up some of the laws. but at the moment it does seem really sketchy that they're acting like this. Imagine how many people are growing don't even realize this is the law. i was one. now i know and don't care. nobody is gonna bash my door in unless i'm out selling it.

would also fight in court, tooth and nail.

What does this mean for all those BC seed companies? Also I got some CBD strain beans from a guy in Canukistan and he got them from the Canuk government. So if I grow them and seed them out, does that mean I can legally supply Canukistanians with seeds in future? Inquiring minds want to know.

What does this mean for all those BC seed companies? Also I got some CBD strain beans from a guy in Canukistan and he got them from the Canuk government. So if I grow them and seed them out, does that mean I can legally supply Canukistanians with seeds in future? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes i think it does because we're allowed to gift up to 30 "legal" seeds. if your friend got them with a medicinal license then they would be legal seeds. LMAO it's just laughable. " yeah i got mine from a medicinal user too" ; )

The legalization of cannabis here in Canada is a joke. The way they went about it is just a way to corporatize and transfer profits to wealthy shareholders. The “legal” cannabis is grown from clones that are vegged for next to no time for a then forced to flower as fast as possible. It’s all about profit. They couldn’t care less about the quality, smell, or taste. The licensed producers signed contracts with the provincial regulatory and distribution companies to supply “legal” genetic material on day one. Of course they have done nothing of the sort giving the excuse of we don’t have any seeds or clones available. This forces people that want to stay on the right side of the law to buy cannabis from the licensed producers at a price point that is way out to lunch, purchase and propagate “illegal” seeds, or continue to support the black market. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that many of the large shareholders in the large corporate grows have ties to the sitting government in Ottawa. It’s typical of the neocaptialist system. Sorry. Rant over

I wouldn’t be surprised to find that many of the large shareholders in the large corporate grows have ties to the sitting government

If they don't, then they don't know how to play the game they're in :rolleyes: . Which is a sad statement about government in the corporate world we live in, but...

The bad guys would absolutely not see a grey area. They would count clones, seedlings and just about anything else they could and then charge you.

They're giving out prescriptions like mad now in ontario after the laws changed. I"m not sure why tho. I sent my mother to get one lol. they gave her 2.5 g / day. So i go to the health canada website (government) and they have a little calculator that when you enter the amount per day you were prescribed it tells you how many plants you can have. 2.5 g = 15 plants. Going for my own prescription asap. I obviously need more than 2.5 g / day tho LMAO!!

I'd like to know what exactly is considered a plant.

Example.

If I'm growing 4 plants now and want to clone them, do the clones count as plants? This has got to be a grey area and i see how the argument could go both ways. Opinions?

They will usually specify in their "rules" what constitutes a "plant". In example in Oregon if Rec then it is 4 plants period be they clones or seedlings or whatever, Medical has a different set of rules and last I had heard it was 6 "adult" plants so anything smaller than a certain size wasn't counted. That and they change the rules quite often so you have to stay on top of it if you trying to "toe the line" so to speak. As here each State has it's own rules so imagine similar up there and each Province has their own variations of the rules.

Back
Top Bottom