Canada Pot laws are hilarious

They will usually specify in their "rules" what constitutes a "plant". In example in Oregon if Rec then it is 4 plants period be they clones or seedlings or whatever, Medical has a different set of rules and last I had heard it was 6 "adult" plants so anything smaller than a certain size wasn't counted. That and they change the rules quite often so you have to stay on top of it if you trying to "toe the line" so to speak. As here each State has it's own rules so imagine similar up there and each Province has their own variations of the rules.

I firmly believe that unless you're growing an entire house full and or selling it on the streets there shouldn't be any problems in most places with these types of laws. They just don't care anymore.
my tiny town is filling up with meth and blow, they have enough to handle with that crap.

I'll still keep quiet about my grow tho. I still don't trust them and never will.

Last I checked the OCS had some seeds... I think you are down to one choice now. 4 seeds for $60

Thanks for the info! i did get my seeds "legally" as they were "gifted" to me by a medicinal user lol.

i am a medical user... i have registered with THC BioMed who sell clones to registered users... the best deal on a minimal order was 3 clones (small plants actually) shipped in lighted shippers after cost and shipping will be $170.00CDN (rounded up to whole dollar)
medicinal users are not supposed to share any smokable or growable materials to anyone who isnt a medicinal user... it was only recently that they allowed medicinal users to even share with each other... and up until Oct you couldnt even help in the garden with your "designated grower"....now the patient can assist the grower/supplier..
I'd still share tho' ;);)

I have not seen anywhere that the recreational user can not share pot socially so I am thinking gifting plants/seeds/ pot is legal just as long as there is no monetary value or exchange of goods in the transaction.
Right now they have one variety of seeds available in Alberta (with poor labeling to say the least) from Snoop Dogs affiliate. If your a serious grower you want a variety of choices and proper information on the seeds them self's, I know I do with my vegetable seeds. That would include year seed collected, germination rate, growth habit, expected potency etc.
I believe that the purchase of seeds being restricted to approved sellers only as being a poor choice by government, and only written in law because of the need for collection of the excise tax. So the issue is how does one pay excise taxes or allow local/foreign independent seed houses to sell their seeds in Canada so we are not forced to purchase seeds from a few legal large grow operations with limited selection?

I have not seen anywhere that the recreational user can not share pot socially so I am thinking gifting plants/seeds/ pot is legal just as long as there is no monetary value or exchange of goods in the transaction.
Right now they have one variety of seeds available in Alberta (with poor labeling to say the least) from Snoop Dogs affiliate. If your a serious grower you want a variety of choices and proper information on the seeds them self's, I know I do with my vegetable seeds. That would include year seed collected, germination rate, growth habit, expected potency etc.
I believe that the purchase of seeds being restricted to approved sellers only as being a poor choice by government, and only written in law because of the need for collection of the excise tax. So the issue is how does one pay excise taxes or allow local/foreign independent seed houses to sell their seeds in Canada so we are not forced to purchase seeds from a few legal large grow operations with limited selection?

isn't happening, ever. look at how hard they clamp down on farmers, i heard it's against the law for farmers to trade seeds. i think it's all about gmo monsanto crap to be honest. who know's how they plan to change the genetics of our amazing plant. i'm not buying their seeds. the point is, in canada nobody is gonna kick your door in unless your selling a lot or have a warehouse full. it'd cost too much to take someone to court and prove they were growing something other than the .gov strains.

isn't happening, ever. look at how hard they clamp down on farmers, i heard it's against the law for farmers to trade seeds. i think it's all about gmo monsanto crap to be honest. who know's how they plan to change the genetics of our amazing plant. i'm not buying their seeds. the point is, in canada nobody is gonna kick your door in unless your selling a lot or have a warehouse full. it'd cost too much to take someone to court and prove they were growing something other than the .gov strains.
Your point is well taken on the expense of prosecuting a 4 plant grower.
The legalization of pot took forever 65 yrs of my life time but it happened in Canada. I see in the future ( it may be a long way off) but the law will loosened on seeds and clones but it will happen. I see this as a parallel to making wine or brewing beer which were both illegal at one time now the practice it is ignored. All that has to be done is to Legally allow the entry of seed houses into the economy and paying of Tax's on those seeds.
Trading of seeds among farmers has been going on for ever and is not against any law unless the seed is trade marked (roundup ready Canola). So the only issue I see is trade marked seeds in the future.........

Heres one I just read about. You are allowed to transport a plant in your car as long as it's not in flower. I can see it now, stoners restoring Pacers so they can drive around all day vegging their plants in the back seat. :cool:

I’m getting an el Camino :cool::ganjamon:

I have always understood that Sales of seeds in Canada is legal as long as they’re considered souvenirs/collectors items.... germinating then is the illegal part

In BC you are allowed to grow 4 plants per residence. Not per person but residence. So with us having a legal suite can I grow 8. Or does it have to be 4 and 4. Then we own another house so am I allowed 12 or 4, 4 and 4. I am in the process of gathering equipment for my legal grow. We are also allowed 1000 grams stored at home so am I allowed 3000. Yep it's confusing. I emailed Johnny Horgan who is our TOP DOG being the Premier of BC complaining about not being able to buy legal seeds. Told him since no one is supplying any retailers with legal seeds then give me an alternative or I will be getting them from the black market in the absence of legal methods. Also mentioned no legal producers of seeds want to sell seeds or clones and the reason is simple. Sell legal buds and a person will be back in a week or so. Sell legal seeds or clones and a person will come back when.... The legal producers also have the investors who want returns on investments so why would they sell a seed or clone when the money is in BUDS. Been 3 days and have not heard back. My complaint also outlined the dollar amounts I have spent on procuring items needed for legal grow to date. Also told him BC and the other provinces could simply tell the limited amount of legal seed / clone producers they will not be buying buds from them without getting seeds or clones. It's that easy but they don't want to do that and producers know it.

This isn't actually true. In BC you can grow four plants per household, if you have a suite only the people living in that suite on a permanent basis may grow in that suite. If you have a rental home you cannot grow in it, the people living there may though.

Back
Top Bottom