Canada

alienhed420

I was just wondering if canada was as cool as I have heard. I went to toronto once when i was ten. Anyway I was wondering there cafe polices with weed and other things cause after I graduate from college I might try to get a film job in vancover.(I can't spell, High as hell). anyway if any of our neibors from the north could help me out it would be appreciated. :grinjoint:

Marijuana is not legal or fully decriminalized in Canada, but it is tolerated more then here in the states.

They do have cafe's were you can light up a joint, but they do not sell any type of weed or hash, And there is a chance you will get a ticket if caught doing so.

Because of the fact that seeds contain so little thc and probably some other loop holes like medical MJ, the cops sometimes tolerate seed shops, but they are frequently raided, and the seeds are illegal to grow unless you're someones primary caregiver and that someone has a prescription to pot.

At one point Canada's PM was ready to legalize MJ, untill pressure from Regan and his "drug war" pretty much forced Canada not to. And even today we pressure them so they do not decrim. or soften pot laws.

There are a couple cafes in Vancouver on Hastings... one's called Amsterdam Cafe. You can't buy there, but you can smoke and hang out. Yes, tolerance is higher here, probably highest in B.C. with the best spots being Vancouver and the island(s) (home :biggrin:). Compared to the states it'd probably feel pretty free to you.

If you're ever in Toronto, go to the Hotbox Cafe. It's a few blocks from me and you can smoke there no hassles, even the cops won't bother you if you smoke in there. Rules are that there's no dealing inside or nearby the cafe. If they catch you doing that they'll slap a ban on you.

in winnipeg we only ahve one cafe, it sells baked goods liek canna-cookies and shit
not psychoactive but super fuckin good when you got the munchies
cafe's arnt all they are cracked up to be u cant buy- some of them let you smoke there but really the best thing is still lookin out for the type of person who smokes dope those are the best hookups

The west coast, Vancouver and the Island are cool spots, no doubt, most of Canada has a relaxed attitude toward medical cannabis. Have family that ilves up there and good bud is always available, if you have A SF permit you are allowed 4 visits to the Compassionate Care Centers up there.. Things are just as cool down here in LA area. I live between 2 Compassionate Care Centers (each a 60 minute drive..) where I can get top grade medicinal cannabis in all flavors and possible concoctions. But yeah, think it's a much more relaxed atmosphere up North.

Back
Top Bottom