Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I thought of planting them earlier this year in tubs in order to move the plants indoors later. However this plant was such a weird skinny plant I had little expectations on it and planted in the garden. When I got back from holidays it looked promising and growing well. I am just curious as to this plants final results as it quite different than anything I have grown in the past....
I hear you Chungo and greenjeans! I planted 2 outside in May to make room. Big mistake, growing too high and branches too soft. I will know better for next year. Will probably need to stake the 4 quads to hold the colas. The other 2, 1 month later are OK. Gave them my first batch of dandelion tea last week, it def. helped.
IMG_20220716_J&I.jpg

These are in 30galon fabrics. Above 5 foot. the two below, 4 foot. They need more tea before flowering, methinks.
Cheers!

IMG_20220716-C&F.jpg

Will probably need to stake the 4 quads to hold the colas. The other 2, 1 month later are OK. Gave them my first batch of dandelion tea last week, it def. helped.
Dandelion has one of the highest levels of silica of any of the plants I use, just about the same levels as Horsetail Fern which is the one usually cited for that element. Good stuff. :thumb:

Hey Chungo - I have the same issues with early frost etc.... so this year I started my photos late, so that they stay manageable, and they will spend their life in these laundry tubs and will get moved into the greenhouse as weather dictates. You can't see it in these pics but they all have wheels.
1658009163531.png
I was going to do this next year only using a hand truck from Home depot as I only plan on growing a couple outdoors....

I was going to do this next year only using a hand truck from Home depot as I only plan on growing a couple outdoors....
Ok, but there's no build involved in using a hand truck from Home Depot.

Much more fun to actually build something that involves several trips to Home Depot to accomplish the same thing.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Much more fun to actually build something that involves  several trips to Home Depot to accomplish the same thing.
Whaaaaaaat????? I built this whole thing out of stuff in my shop, my pile of "good stuff" and just odds and ends I had squirrelled away!!!! Not one trip to town!!! I was soooo proud!!!
1658081464961.png

Even the back drop was the bed from a tent trailer I rescued from the side of the road!!!

Whaaaaaaat????? I built this whole thing out of stuff in my shop, my pile of "good stuff" and just odds and ends I had squirrelled away!!!! Not one trip to town!!! I was soooo proud!!!
1658081464961.png

Even the back drop was the bed from a tent trailer I rescued from the side of the road!!!
Not one trip to town? Now that's some next level project-ing right there! :thumb:

Not one trip to town?
My wife reeeaaaallly rolls her eyes when I can repair something for her with some scrap I've been saving for 35 years!!!!! And don't think I don't mention what it was from, where it was stored and why I saved it!!!! :eye-roll::rofl:

My wife reeeaaaallly rolls her eyes when I can repair something for her with some scrap I've been saving for 35 years!!!!! And don't think I don't mention what it was from, where it was stored and why I saved it!!!! :eye-roll::rofl:
My better-half is also a horder. Space is limited in my household.
On the bright side. If I need to get creative, I have what I need.
:rolleyes:

Weeeeeeellllll, I consider myself a "repurposer"!!! Yeah, that sounds classy!!!! :thedoubletake:
How often are you going to use your Dandelion Elixer??
Nice repurposeing job indeed.
I will use it ever other watering that don't get nutes hopeing the branches will hold the weight till harvest. I will be using the rest to amend the soil after harvest with other organic concoction.

Cheers

Raining here and loosening the ground. If I get anything done today it will be harvesting garlic. Entomology never ceases to amaze, I got peach and pear aphids on the go, the green ones and black ones. Never seen a one last year. None on my weed yet, Romain lettuce is a great indicator plant. GREAT THING ABOUT AUTOS ........... I CAN TIME THESE TO MISS THE ONSLAUGHT!!!!!!!!! Blessing in disguise! :yahoo:

20220719_074628.jpg

I just got back from a long east-coast vacation visiting family and friends. I was disappointed at the state of my outdoor plants, stunted and (slightly shriveled in two plants). This will not be a bumper crop like like year. Nevertheless I learned a lot about rosin making during my trip and my brother in law is thinking about buying a rosin press. Can any of our group give me recommendations on what he should consider before making a purchase? Where is a good place to buy one and what would be a good size to get that's not too incredibly expensive? For example can you get a basic press for a $1000 to 1500 CDN? Happy growing people!

There's a DABPRESS model that's under 600 dollars on amazon and I'm pretty sure they're a sponsor here.
People like @deltadubie, @Grandpa Tokin or @DonkeyDick might have some recommendations.

There's a DABPRESS model that's under 600 dollars on amazon and I'm pretty sure they're a sponsor here.
People like @deltadubie, @Grandpa Tokin or @DonkeyDick might have some recommendations.

The press changed things for me. I highly recommend the solventless goodness of rosin. I squish about an ounce a week. Dabbing is a great way to get serious about pain.
A quick skim back to see what context this comes up in makes me think of another member. @Dohc007 has repurposed a vulcanising press for making rosin. He’s a busy guy but if he sees this flag he might chime in.
Get cannabinated. Get rosin :cool:

The press changed things for me. I highly recommend the solventless goodness of rosin. I squish about an ounce a week. Dabbing is a great way to get serious about pain.
A quick skim back to see what context this comes up in makes me think of another member. @Dohc007 has repurposed a vulcanising press for making rosin. He’s a busy guy but if he sees this flag he might chime in.
Get cannabinated. Get rosin :cool:

i totally recommend solventless extraction.... as alcohol extraction is manufacturing narcotics and go to jail.

dab press is good stuff.. i bought and am happy.. 599 for the press and heated plates and 199 for the hydrolic pump
on sale for 135.. 734 plus cool plate a few tools and some silicone containers and matt .. need filters 120 90
and a pre mold to make a puck to fit the filters ... and bench vise for the pre mold to press it..

the dab press is only for pressing the flower in or out of a filter recommend .. on folded parchement paper

Back
Top Bottom