Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Hi folks quick question? .... I was curious can you take clones from a transplant shocked cannabis plant to save the genetics, Will the new clone develop a better root system or is it just a lost cause and should I start from seed again?.. I have done alot of cloning before just never tried with a transplanted shocked cannabis plant. :)
I don't know and have never tried it , but i'd think you'd be all right. You caused the stress not some genetic's in plant like a hermie gene. At worst maybe clone is susceptible to stress easier and takes longer for roots, take 4-5 clones as back up.

I don't know and have never tried it , but i'd think you'd be all right. You caused the stress not some genetic's in plant like a hermie gene. At worst maybe clone is susceptible to stress easier and takes longer for roots, take 4-5 clones as back up.
I know I did cause the stress when I up potted, think I damaged the root ball in the transplant process :( ...Good Idea with taking many clones, So I guess you and smokey have twisted my cloning rubber arm I'm gonna take the plunge and try it. Thanks guys! :)

the local weed supply shop in my town is selling mushroom spawn kits now. but he still can't sell weed seeds, seems kind of bizzarro world to me. i got a refill anyway for my kit.
Good point!...I guess to big corporate there's better money to be made in policing plants then fungi, Sadly that will probably change as soon as the mj market becomes too saturated.

It’s our weird pot rules. You are supposed to buy your seeds from the government. One of our Alta growers, @DutchinAB is growing one of the approved seeds

So reading the grow-rules in , plants are limited to 4 only 3ft high and must be gov stamped ? Did I miss anything ?
Canada gov controls all the legal illegal products for profit,but at least they seem to understand the needs of the needy.

Thank you for the mention, Dusted. It’s true, I have opted for the gov seeds. They are coming along great though, and they’re from a local micro grow outfit that specializes in seeds and clones, so they’re not from a garbage crop that got pollinated. (I’m not saying others are garbage at all, just pointing out that there are companies out there gearing towards home growers). Here’s a Pink Lemonade I have going;
That was right before she got proper training and transplanted into a 5gal bag. She has a real nice colour and is a very light feeder.
plants are limited to 4 only 3ft high
Correct, legal limit of four, but that’s the first I’ve heard of a height restriction.

Wow,good to know,I read it on an official CA gov website in March,but I suppose it could be wrong,not that I'm worried..lol but I'll check with Justin,he lives just up the road.
My House
Ottawa Parl Grows
Justins Palace

I grew the bakerstreet by tweed seeds once. Canadian Government regulated seeds. I got one out of 5 seeds and all 5 were crappy producers!!
I grew one of these beans and it was the size of a Douglas fir !!! Best suited for outdoors Or a warehouse in my opinion.
I’ve only tried one out of the 4 so far and no probs with germination , just excessive growth. Hahaha I was completely unprepared for her .
I am looking forward to trying it again, with 20 ft of head clearance hahaha

Just like most politicians!!! :rofl:
Hey, you said it!
And I stand by it!! Lmao!!

I grew one of these beans and it was the size of a Douglas fir !!! Best suited for outdoors Or a warehouse in my opinion.
I’ve only tried one out of the 4 so far and no probs with germination , just excessive growth. Hahaha I was completely unprepared for her .
I am looking forward to trying it again, with 20 ft of head clearance hahaha
hopefully yours produces better then my tweed seed did lol!! They look to be growing very vigorously! :thumb:

Hey, you said it!
And I stand by it!! Lmao!!

hopefully yours produces better then my tweed seed did lol!! They look to be growing very vigorously! :thumb:
Ohh that was in 2018 ..journal In sig...it was a very inexperienced attempt hahaha
the babies I currently have on the go are also govt seed ‘ D3nali ‘ .
my gripes so far with government beans is that there are no instructions , freebies , selection , guidance on germination , not labelled reg, fem, auto ? , all seem to be hybrids also Etc. etc.

‘novelty seed’ companies far surpass in customer service and product , well everything , as we all know .
~ le sigh~

Hopefully variety will improve with time. I did get in touch with the producer of the pink lemonade seeds and was inquiring about pheno types, grow conditions etc, they did say health Canada is not allowing the simple reversal processes involving silver solutions, acids and the like. They called it a “proprietary seed process” they’re using, with a 99% female rate. I don’t imagine this is a quick process, or profitable compared to selling dry flower, which of course will sway people to the larger profits.

Hopefully variety will improve with time. I did get in touch with the producer of the pink lemonade seeds and was inquiring about pheno types, grow conditions etc, they did say health Canada is not allowing the simple reversal processes involving silver solutions, acids and the like. They called it a “proprietary seed process” they’re using, with a 99% female rate. I don’t imagine this is a quick process, or profitable compared to selling dry flower, which of course will sway people to the larger profits.

The war on drugs, caste system, systemic government incompetence has been so problamatic that it just may lead to a civil war down south...hopefully our Government evolves, quickly .

Ohh that was in 2018 ..journal In sig...it was a very inexperienced attempt hahaha
the babies I currently have on the go are also govt seed ‘ D3nali ‘ .
my gripes so far with government beans is that there are no instructions , freebies , selection , guidance on germination , not labelled reg, fem, auto ? , all seem to be hybrids also Etc. etc.

‘novelty seed’ companies far surpass in customer service and product , well everything , as we all know .
~ le sigh~
I absolutely agree. These govt related seed company’s are just like politics. They’ll say or sound like they’re saying what everybody wants to hear, but they don’t actually care about us. All they care about is money, and trying to control it.

Back
Top Bottom