Canadian growers

Well, it's all going to change next year or mutate into something different. I expect the MMR program will remain intact & we might see a different pricing tier or higher THC levels for med users. I don't believe the Ontario Ministers talked about home grows so we don't really know how they will interpret the Federal law once it is written. Ditto the other provinces. Of interest, WA & CO (at least) are cutting back on home growers & tightening the rules due to abuse. They did allow 99 plants or some similar volume & now they can have 12.

They will never be able to control THC levels, people will get what they want. Tilray had not to long ago 30.1% THC for $15 per gram, lol!

The unpredictability and inability of growers to be able to predict the exact THC and/or CBD levels in a plant before it's grown is why Soooo many clinics don't feel " comfortable " prescribing a home grow as an option.

They will never be able to control THC levels, people will get what they want. Tilray had not to long ago 30.1% THC for $15 per gram, lol!
Trouble with Tilray was they had 11 different strains on their website, six of which weren't even available this month.

The unpredictability and inability of growers to be able to predict the exact THC and/or CBD levels in a plant before it's grown is why Soooo many clinics don't feel " comfortable " prescribing a home grow as an option.

Which doesn't make sense because either way it is non-toxic! not to mention all the kick backs they miss out on from the home growers!

If you aren't growing your own before rec goes legal, there will be even less of a selection! This whole LP thing is just their way to test and gear up for rec. MedReleaf offered "Rex"(Tangie) as a small batch at $17.50 per gram and limited to 5g a month is proof!

This guy basically told me for a set figure, they (them and the govt), will sell you the right to grow based on your current alotted approved prescription amount. These " packages " ranged from $200 up to over $10Gs for LP style grows. This may open up a can of worms here, but anyone can apply through them and as long as you don't have any prior convictions regarding drugs and or paraphernalia and or trafficking Etc you will be approved. I guess this is the way for the government to grab more money from the people who could potentially grow next year ahead of the Canada wide legalization.

sounds like a consulting thing, theres a few companies like that here in Alberta that will basically sell you the equipment and show you how to grow for quite the pretty penny. All my stuff was free including going to the NHS clinic and having them send the paperwork. Doctors cant charge you for a prescription either, they could only charge if they mail it for you but you can request the original of the prescription and do it yourself. One tip for new applicants is fill it out by PC, not by hand. Heard a few people got rejected after months because HC couldn't read their handwriting.

I'm still an amateur when it comes to growing and I keep trying new things to find what works best for me. Working on building a small hydro setup to give that a shot as I'm getting peeved with soil growing and always lacking in certain materials because of how stuff is sold here. I've tried enough LP weed thus far that I'd rather build a network of home growers who will be willing to trade bud for bud as per the legislation letting us share 30g with someone.

sounds like a consulting thing, theres a few companies like that here in Alberta that will basically sell you the equipment and show you how to grow for quite the pretty penny. All my stuff was free including going to the NHS clinic and having them send the paperwork. Doctors cant charge you for a prescription either, they could only charge if they mail it for you but you can request the original of the prescription and do it yourself. One tip for new applicants is fill it out by PC, not by hand. Heard a few people got rejected after months because HC couldn't read their handwriting.

I'm still an amateur when it comes to growing and I keep trying new things to find what works best for me. Working on building a small hydro setup to give that a shot as I'm getting peeved with soil growing and always lacking in certain materials because of how stuff is sold here. I've tried enough LP weed thus far that I'd rather build a network of home growers who will be willing to trade bud for bud as per the legislation letting us share 30g with someone.
I'd be down with that if I can finish a grow with all my plants intact lmao.

What am I missing here. I'm not so sure I fully took that all in guy.
Which part brother? To Anduin? I was saying I'd be down with sharing some of my wares with other local growers.......once my crop comes in. I truly believe mine to be better than LP weed anyway.

Which part brother? To Anduin? I was saying I'd be down with sharing some of my wares with other local growers.......once my crop comes in. I truly believe mine to be better than LP weed anyway.
The whole surprise msg. So ur saying after I get my smoking permit that I can pay to have a growers permit which would allow me more then the normal allowable plants

The whole surprise msg. So ur saying after I get my smoking permit that I can pay to have a growers permit which would allow me more then the normal allowable plants

Hey Swagg...what Guy was told by what I'd guess was a dispensary owner or something like that was under the upcoming legislation you would have to purchase a "package" to grow your own. With the proposed 4 plant per household limit I'm not sure how that works in to it. Presently under ACMPR the # of plants you can grow at a time is based on your prescribed daily amount..ie-2g per day = 4 plants. I think Guy was making us aware that it's free now, just fill out the HC application, but later one may have purchase a "package" to grow their own.

Or he meant that we, because we have some experience with growing at home, could start a consulting type business and sell our services to the rest of the population once recreational use is legal.

2g per day = 10 plants.
I go through MFT, prescription, no problem, but no grow.......options are limited here in the east.
need a doctor to sign the paperwork for either, and I havnt found one yet that's willing.
until the doctors here catch up to the rest of Canada, we need other options.

2g per day = 10 plants.
I go through MFT, prescription, no problem, but no grow.......options are limited here in the east.
need a doctor to sign the paperwork for either, and I havnt found one yet that's willing.
I think alot of provinces aren't really onboard aside from maybe bc and Ontario where it's easier but everywhere else I'm pretty sure is pretty hard
Hey Swagg...what Guy was told by what I'd guess was a dispensary owner or something like that was under the upcoming legislation you would have to purchase a "package" to grow your own. With the proposed 4 plant per household limit I'm not sure how that works in to it. Presently under ACMPR the # of plants you can grow at a time is based on your prescribed daily amount..ie-2g per day = 4 plants. I think Guy was making us aware that it's free now, just fill out the HC application, but later one may have purchase a "package" to grow their own.

Or he meant that we, because we have some experience with growing at home, could start a consulting type business and sell our services to the rest of the population once recreational use is legal.
I've heard of places that charge per gram for a prescription. Say you want something like a 20 gr/day limit which is crazy but if you have the space then 20x5=a shit ton of indoor plants you can legally grow. They usually charge out the ying yang tho like 50 bucks a gram or something silly like that. But like I said if you had the space and means then it would be worth it for some ppl. I haven't heard of anyone having more then 2 or 3 or 4 grams a day limit yet so I'm not sure what the chances are of getting a decent allowance of say 10gr/day. 50 plants. I wish I had that.

2g per day = 10 plants.
Yup, basically it's a combination of both answers. This company is not a dispensary, and they want everybody to know that. This company is basically helping you fill out all your paperwork for health Canada but at the same time they are offering Consulting as part of the package. The Consulting is for a variety of things like how to make your own oil, how to make your own distillates .....the list goes on. These guys have a doctor, this doctor is making him/herself available to clients to want to get their ACMPR status to purchase from an LP, but if you'd rather grow; they'll make that happen too. Brewer you are right in that it is difficult to find a doctor willing to do that......I applaud them for this.

I think alot of provinces aren't really onboard aside from maybe bc and Ontario where it's easier but everywhere else I'm pretty sure is pretty hard

I've heard of places that charge per gram for a prescription. Say you want something like a 20 gr/day limit which is crazy but if you have the space then 20x5=a shit ton of indoor plants you can legally grow. They usually charge out the ying yang tho like 50 bucks a gram or something silly like that. But like I said if you had the space and means then it would be worth it for some ppl. I haven't heard of anyone having more then 2 or 3 or 4 grams a day limit yet so I'm not sure what the chances are of getting a decent allowance of say 10gr/day. 50 plants. I wish I had that.
PM sent

Back
Top Bottom