Canadian Middies Northeast Closet Grow!

taverasme

Hey guys, first time poster, just looking to start up a journal, will be my first grow. I've been lurking these forums for a while, figured it was time to share.

Here's my setup:
approx 5x2x5ft closet space
1x 2700k 68W CFL (300W) equivalent
50x Canadian middies seeds, from a friend, seeds are a 70/30 sativa/indica mix. Weed hits hard and early, starting with a significant head high (great for pain) which tails off into a mid strength body high. This weed is strong enough to help my pain, but mild enough so that I am fully functional during the day.
1x bag of Miracle Grow organic top soil
1x bag of Miracle Grow perlite
1x 5-1-1 Alaska Fish fertilizer(1/2) liter

I selected 16 seeds, placed them in a cup, with brita filtered tap water, in a dark, 72 degree room for 36 hours. After which I placed them between 2 moistened dish rags in my foyer for 36 hrs, rags were re-moistened every 6-8 hours.

Of the 16, 8 germed. (The seeds are 2 years old). These 8 were placed in a 50/50 mix of the organic top soil and perlite, and left under a terrarium dome, which was placed under my 68W CFL.

It has now been 8 days since the seeds were planted(12/10), 11 since I began the germination process(12/7). The plants are given about 1/2 cup of filtered tap water a day. Without further ado, my results so far!

First 4 seeds to germ in my germ dome:
1zlfwd2.jpg

Germ dome take 2:
1zekz6f.jpg

8 days in, under my solo CFL:
5lp8vc.jpg

My tallest plant, Lucy:
2whqc1x.jpg

Sally, my second biggest:
az72av.jpg

Lucy Take 2:
auikux.jpg

Yellowing perlite, I'm a little worried about, please advise if you could!
9qydg1.jpg

day 18 of growth, had to pull a plant because of suspected disease, please provide some feedback for me, here are a couple issues:

1. Damaged leaf on my now pulled plant, any idea what went wrong?
2010-12-28_03_30_24.jpg

2. Fungus? On one of my plants, she's one of my strongest and don't want to pull her. I tried trimming the leaves as the pic shows, but the fungus spread to the next node of the plant as well. Thankfulyl confined to 1 plant, do I need to pull her now?
2010-12-28_03_36_00.jpg

3. Amazing root growth on my pulled plant, it was one of the smallest, do I need to get bigger containers? Could that help the development of my stronger plants. Soil was also significantly more moist than anticipated, may lower the watering to 1/2 cup every other day...
2010-12-28_03_46_10.jpg

4. My strongest baby,,,, looking female?!!?! hopeful!
2010-12-28_03_34_48.jpg

5. The fungus? plant? Also looking female, hope she pulls through:
2010-12-28_03_34_58.jpg

I've decided that the plants are certainly not thriving, but surviving under my care. Are slightly curled leaf edges reason to worry?

Thanks!

nice grow dude, the root thing is interesting i wouldn't worry just yet but you amy want to get a second opinion. I would think the mould is either the soil or the humidity is too high? Good luck though some of your plants are stretching a little, add another cfl.

;-)

Hi taverasme

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom