CanaGrow's - Indoor Soil Dinafem Dinamed CBD Auto 300W LED

Day 9

okay as promised finally a bit more to show now that they are growing
First up the Star of this journal the Dinamed CBD - shes a bit slow on the start but shes growing

Next up is the photo period dinafem critical +
She got long and strangly so i propped her up to straighten her out

Now i am heading out to the shop to harvest and take a picture or 2 of my Northern Lights auto for the contest pages

Here we go fellow growers! Ordered directly from Dinafem on 4/20 (had a decent seed deal of double your order) so ordered 3 Dinamed CBD Auto Femenized doubled to 6 and a free criticle plus (photo) This entire grow will be done on a pretty tight budget using my existing cheapo setup. Hey its works for me so if its not broke dont fix it right!

Soil - 75% ProMix HD 25% perlite
Pot - either 3 or 5 gallon plastic
Lights - 300w Led cheap amazon (going to add another depending on how many seeds i germ)
Water - straight county water 6ph left out to de chlorinate a couple days
Distilled water to germ the beans
Nutes - to be determined
Grow Tent - an old icefishing shelter
NO THAT YOUR ALL LAUGHING let the grow begin

Interesting! That is awesome! :welldone:

Day 15

well the photoperiod Critcal + has grown roots out of the bottom of its starter cup so to night she will get up-potted to a 3 gallon
Both plants are putting on new sets of leaves daily. I have also added my side grow led flood bulb to give some extra light from an angle below shooting up into the under canopy (see if this helps or not)
What are your 420 forum thoughts on this?

Day 15

well the photoperiod Critcal + has grown roots out of the bottom of its starter cup so to night she will get up-potted to a 3 gallon
Both plants are putting on new sets of leaves daily. I have also added my side grow led flood bulb to give some extra light from an angle below shooting up into the under canopy (see if this helps or not)
What are your 420 forum thoughts on this?
I think it will serve more purpose to get the light shining down onto the tops of the leaves. But any light is good light so its good you threw it in. As for cloning what I do is use rapid rooter starter cubes, I bought a tray the first time and no i refill that try with bagged plugs. Before you start set out the number of plugs you'll need and deepen the hole to 2/3's of the way down, dip them in distilled water and over a tub or out side hold loosely in your hand and give three good shakes.
To get the babies I use a new flat blade box cutter blade that i have cleaned with alcohol and slice a new shoot three inches long at a 45 degree angle. I'll then peel back any excess fan leaves below the new growth trying to peel it downwards taking the outer skin with it. I then dip in the cutting base that's exposed in Remo brand Cloning gel(my preference but not cannon) and insert it as deep as the plug will allow. I repeat this process until i have the desired amount of babies taking typically 30% more than needed for failure rates and then place them in my rapid rooter tray inside a 7" humidity dome which i spray with distilled water every few hours as needed for up to 2 weeks til roots show out of the rooters. If you notice plugs drying out add a bit of water to the bottom of the tray but not much and always distilled. This is my preferred method for cloning I also have a bubble cloner than works but i have a much higher failure rate with it and i'm not sure why. I have historically hit 70% success with this method above but this year i had 87% success which i thought was decent. Any questions feel free to ask. cloning is something you have to do to learn to be honest but reading up and asking questions will always give you a head start.

I think it will serve more purpose to get the light shining down onto the tops of the leaves. But any light is good light so its good you threw it in. As for cloning what I do is use rapid rooter starter cubes, I bought a tray the first time and no i refill that try with bagged plugs. Before you start set out the number of plugs you'll need and deepen the hole to 2/3's of the way down, dip them in distilled water and over a tub or out side hold loosely in your hand and give three good shakes.
To get the babies I use a new flat blade box cutter blade that i have cleaned with alcohol and slice a new shoot three inches long at a 45 degree angle. I'll then peel back any excess fan leaves below the new growth trying to peel it downwards taking the outer skin with it. I then dip in the cutting base that's exposed in Remo brand Cloning gel(my preference but not cannon) and insert it as deep as the plug will allow. I repeat this process until i have the desired amount of babies taking typically 30% more than needed for failure rates and then place them in my rapid rooter tray inside a 7" humidity dome which i spray with distilled water every few hours as needed for up to 2 weeks til roots show out of the rooters. If you notice plugs drying out add a bit of water to the bottom of the tray but not much and always distilled. This is my preferred method for cloning I also have a bubble cloner than works but i have a much higher failure rate with it and i'm not sure why. I have historically hit 70% success with this method above but this year i had 87% success which i thought was decent. Any questions feel free to ask. cloning is something you have to do to learn to be honest but reading up and asking questions will always give you a head start.
Thank you for that awesome step by step write up! I was looking at purchasing a bubbler cloner, watching videos and researching like crazy i am sure i will have questions for you in a month or so when i get to that stage of my grow. Just prepping early ! Thank you and welcome to my grow

Day 18 Update

Dinafem Dinamed CBD auto
She is on a good growth spurt right now watering from the bottom every 3-4 days right now nothing special no nutes yet just waiting on enough nodes to top her

Dinafem Critical +
She is really growing fast more paced like an auto but shes a photo. The plan is to move her outside, but the weather is still dipping to low at night here still. Going to wait a couple more days

I wa always under the impression watering from the top was how you pull oxygen down into the soil for healthy roots. I know there are a lot of peole who bottom feed but Ive just wondered where they get the oxygen for their roots?
I am only bottom watering to get the roots to really drive down to the bottom of the pots. Other then that i still water ftom the top, but i do like to let the top dry out some to keep bugs out. Does that make sense?

When I grow I hope to get at least 2 ounces. Many times it's below this goal, but I'm happy nonetheless. With my Dark Devil Autos I usually hit the 2 ounce mark. The one time I went far beyond and got 4 ounces was when I used side lighting, just as you documented earlier. If I were you I'd stick with the side lighting. :battingeyelashes: In my experience you can increase yield with light that surrounds the plant.

Great lights overhead make the grow, no question. Side lighting brings illumination into the plant. You'll get bigger buds and more oil from the plant.

When I grow I hope to get at least 2 ounces. Many times it's below this goal, but I'm happy nonetheless. With my Dark Devil Autos I usually hit the 2 ounce mark. The one time I went far beyond and got 4 ounces was when I used side lighting, just as you documented earlier. If I were you I'd stick with the side lighting. :battingeyelashes: In my experience you can increase yield with light that surrounds the plant.

Great lights overhead make the grow, no question. Side lighting brings illumination into the plant. You'll get bigger buds and more oil from the plant.
I totally agree with you, the side lighting stayed in place and the plants are both exploding with growth. I found on my last grow i was able to get great light penetration deep into the middle this way making popcorn buds much bigger more like nugs

Sidelighting......Hmmm! Great suggestion! I've seen it discussed on here numerous times and never really put much thought into it after that. Might have to look at that a little further. Great-looking grow by the way! Doing a little bit of critical mass CBD Myself by CBD crew.

Day 14

slowly plugging along, the slow start i believe was due to the cooler temperatures i was getting from the ac being on in the house. I have since adjusted that and they are exploding with new growth now

Dinafem Dinamed CBD

Dinafem Critical +
Dang look at that purple man amazing

Back
Top Bottom