Canberra2007. Please take the time to read my introduction

Canberra2007

I don't actually smoke cannabis anymore, but i am still very much interested in it. I started smoking at the age of 14 (as I imagine most folk these days do) and continued to do so for many years.

Around the age of 20, after smoking I would freak out due to my heart going nuts. I understand now that it's not an issue, but even though I know the truth- everytime I smoked, I would freak the fuck out.
I'm now comfortable with the fact I don't smoke, and don't ever have the urge to. I'm cool with that.

And to be honest, I do miss it (well yeah, ofcourse...I'm on a fucking cannabis forum). I'm an artist in many forms (new media, drawing, music, etc etc etc) and Cannabis would always make me crack up laughing with the amazment at what It helped me make. It wouldn't be the cannabis drawing, it would be me drawing through it, much like how one might write an amazing poem after travelling overseas.
..or in other words, a trip

But ofcourse, all that said above is common knowledge huh.

I agree with the law of cannabis being illegal. Many people will disagree with me on this (especially on this forum), but I still feel it is harmfull in many ways. People may argue facts like how it's never killed anyone, or compare it to alcohol- But in Australia (especially Canberra) it is so easy to get, it's basically legal. If I had a dollar for every person I knew who smoked it regulary, and just sat on their ass playing video games instead of creatively contributing to the world, I would own a gold recording studio.
There are many artists that smoke, and create beautiful wonderous things to share with the planet (Tricky for example, claimed in high times that he has never written a song without cannabis- and you don't have to tell me how good his music is). But I feel like that's an exception, cannabis culture these days with teenagers is just another binge drug (I personally have alot of remorse for people like snoop doog with how they've handled it).
Any further legalisation is going to expand this, and I can't understand how anyone in touch with todays teen culture would see otherwise.

But yes, I do see cannabis as a great thing. It's great in the right hands, and some of those hands have created great things. Cannabis to me is a form of knowledge, but knowledge in the wrong hands- it has terrible potential to turn someone in the wrong direction, or in this case- away from any.

Either way, I'm not too concerned about forwarding my thoughts on it, to me it's like religion and politics- there's no answer, as this will most likely be forever a subjective topic. I just thought I'd add my own personal feelings in my introduction.

I really enjoy the alchemy of cannabis (I occasionally cook it for friends) and the potential it has thoroughly pleases me. My parents are both old school hippies and smokers, so I have grown up around it all my life.

I probably missed a whole heap I planned to say, but feel free to question my opinions, I'd be delighted to further discuss my opinions, (alongside yours)

-Canberra2007

Thanks for your opinions and welcome to the boards. Hopefully you will find the awareness you are looking for. :smokin:
I gather your opinins re the legal status of cannabis have come out of your life experiences. I sense you have been deeply affected by your parents use of cannabis. Hopefully, by spending time exploring this site, you will come to a better understanding of cannabis in the family environment.

I like that you could share your opinons even if they go against the norm on a MJ site. . . I respect that. . . I agree somewhat that MJ can be harmful, falling under the its not for everyone bit. . . but do you feel a government should decide for you that its harmful given their track record for BS? Drugs, Alcohol, sex, music, tv, video games. . . all of these things in the "wrong hands" could be harmful. . . Do you feel a government needs to be involved to this extent into your life? A lot of things can be seen as harmful, but I don't need my government telling me what I can and can't smoke. . . thats not what its for. . .

Look at what keeping MJ illegal is doing to peeps as well. . . Think of the amount of people in jail right now cause of MJ. . . are they violent offenders. . . do they need to be protected from theirselves? in a prison? do we need to spend so much monet a year keeping them in jail? IDk, I see so much wrng with keeping it illegal, and MJ by itself is not harmful. . .its the personalities that are harmful to themselves. . .

aaa, got go to work now. . . nice intro BTW. . . :peace:

^^Nice post Bagz. You know, having a broad spectrum of opinions can only serve to strengthen our message, whether we agree with them or not. It gives balance. 420Magazine cannot be seen as too radical or the message we are trying to carry will be lost to the extremists. New members to our community need not be smokers and those who come to us with reservations should be enlightened by what we have to offer, rather than being scared off by the hard core stoners. Diplomacy can work miracles. IMO

I absolutley agree with everything you said.
There is an unnecissary amount of people in jail for cannabis related issues, it's obviously a problem (especially in US). But I still feel that legalisation of it would do some harm.
It just seems that either way, legal or illegal, it causes different problems. The system we have here in Canberra seems perfect, but our population is only about 300,000. The cops don't mind if you have a small bit for personal use, and if you get busted at a party with a few mates- it's really no big deal. For a bigger city (like Amsterdam, with has a massive herion problem) it can cause a chain reaction.
Everyone knows alcohol is not a safe drug, unlike cannabis-it can actually chemically kill you (not to mention the violence, car accidents etc). But 90% of people who drink alcohol and smoke cannabis are sensible users. In alot of cases, if a teenager drinks and gets a buzz of it- he'll look for a further high. Usually cannabis comes next, and because they binge on alcohol, they binge on cannabis.
Most people go no further, but alot of people do look for the next high.

If cannabis is legal, Then I feel it's just a brisk walk from alcohol.
People will treat Alcohol in the same respect as cannabis, even though it's a peacefull creative substance- the opposite of alcohol.

So in a nutshell, those are my views. I understand that I live in Canberra and the laws here are very relaxed, and that alot of the forum members here come from far worse areas in terms of cannabis laws. In the US, the laws are extremely unfair, and locking someone up for posessing a natural subsance they're planning to use for personal use is DISGUSTING.

But I must say again, I think cannabis is a wonderfull drug that has amazing potential to further the human mind.
And hey, it's just plain awesome being high.
There's nothing wrong with cannabis itself, it's just the way civilisation has treated it that has shaped certain users. My parents smoke, my friends smoke, and I would smoke it to if I didn't stress out on it.

I don't feel that cannabis is a drug, and I hate the fact that t's grouped alongside manufactured drugs.
it's no different then meeting a new friend, or how going to the coast for the weekend enhances your mind as an individual
It is a beautiful, natural substance. And by all means..

toke up

Great input, I enjoy hearing from one and all. I cannot stress to the impressionables in my life circle how important it is to keep things in balance. Workaholics, gym-rats, couch-potatoes, stoners, Republicans, I just think that there is always a balance. When that balance is upset, then problems occur. Please do not ever believe everything that someone tells you, but listen to them.

I truly think that our ability to compromise separates us from the animals. It is great to have you on board, keep writing...

^^thanks for your input on this one Dank. I sense this young member has come to us for enlightenment after having had his life affected by his parent's cannabis use. I hope Canberra stays around and continues to put forward meaningful debate.

My views on cannabis are not only affected by my parents use, but by everything around me- friends, goverment, the media etc.
I will be seaking enlightenment until my last breath

The truth about cannabis needs to be put out. There is so much misinformation it can be difficulty to make the right decision. Alot of decisions about prohibition are made on misinformation and staged results. (ever see the commercial where they mention smoking pot and show a ruined brain made from wires?)

So you smoked pot and it wasn't for you. Just because it caused more issues for you doesn't mean it will for everyone. I think people should be free to make that decision for themselves.

Abusing anything is bad for ya. Too much pot and you become lazy. Too much alcohol and you become a danger to yourself and others around you.
Anything done for recreation should be limited but why should a person go to jail just because they want a buz off bud?
Laws are made mostly to protect the people and property. Laws enforcing the prohibition does neither. Plenty of kids play vids without smoking so maybe they should make gaming illegal and ban all arcade like games. Or maybe we should just limit how much food a teen is aloud to eat. The prohibition on pot is a bunch of bull enforced by many lies and halftruths.
Hopefully one day people will learn the facts from fictionand not let political crap stand in the way from giving the people what they want which seems to hurt nobody but the DEA(They do have a quota to fill to extend their budget)

imo quota's, although they exist should be unconstitional.

What if for one day, no one breaks the law? innocent people would get tickets to maintain quota.

wow, this thread got deep, for those really keeping this discussion going nice job i enjoyed reading everyone's post's and hearing the different and similar opinions. as for myself i cant post a great well put voice of my view so i'll leave it to ya'll.

Thanks Smokinbud. Don't discount your own input because all voices will be heard as long as the thought is sensible and relevent. We have many members from other countries who don't have English as a first language, yet their voices and mistypes are well received. It is as basic as saying it's the thought that counts! So enjoy and try to participate in the threads. I have read your posts and your words made sense - and you have made me laugh. It's all good mate!

This has turned from a basic introduction to an interesting discussion. Good thread I think.

The way I feel about marijuana is the exact same way I feel about abortion. I feel like it should be an individual's choice. I can't stand it when I'm at a party and someone has said, "No, I don't want to smoke," and people still pressure the fuck out of them to try it. I'll usually stand up and tell everyone else to go screw themselves and leave them alone because it's lame to rag on someone for not smoking. If it's not their thing, it's not their thing. Making fun of them is sinking to the level of those who are of the mindset that pot makes it impossible for you to succeed in life and characterize those who smoke as being stupid and lazy. I also feel (about both subjects) that there should be more education.

I really wish there were more non cannabis smoking people on the website, it says a lot.

I wouldn't be adverse to people of the opposite view on here if we could have intelligent debate, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I really wish there were more non cannabis smoking people on the website, it says a lot.

I am brand new to the forum, and I am a non-smoking member, but not by choice, but more of a necessity. Early in life I was an up and coming musician during the days when we all said yes to drugs:tommy: I have smoked and dealt my share of weed, and every one elses share of weed in my hey day. I think I made about 2 million before I was 30 with a side line "import business" along with my music carreer, but the fame of music also gathers the attention of law enforcement personel and two drug related felonies pretty much ended my partying days. I couldn't afford to bring heat down upon my friends who I had grown to love and enjoy their company by stopping by and smoking an occasional spleef with them; so rather than harm them or risk their incarceration, I made the ultimate sacrifice, and checked myself into a rehab, and moved away and started a new life without drugs, and even without music. I really had a real go at it though and carried many wonderful memories and wild stories.
But a few weeks ago I purchased this book series called the "Cannobible vol I, II, III, And it sparked my interest once again in the wonderful gift from God. I am now disabled with two herniated discs in my back and have been taking narcotic pain killers for about seven years. I take about 50 mg. of Methadone per day and I would love to find a different and natural alternative to the drugs that I am taking now. I do not even have a dealer, so I assume that I will have to grow my own very descretely if I am going to consider an alternative to what I am taking now for my pain.
I went to rehab for much harder addiction than weed, but I really missed smoking a real fine "mean green." Something that two or three toke weed that would nearly knock you off your chair. I always enjoyed old school Afghan. Because it has been nearly ten years since I have smoked anything. I imagine when I do find something, it will really be an experience. But for now, I am still "smokeless", but as I say, more out of necessity than choice. So I'll just have to live vicariously through your all experiences until I can get set up again. Cheers:theband:

Thanks for that Lionheart. You would be well served to check out the mmj sections of the forum. You will find many seasoned mmj members who can give you advice on what works best for them, and in particular, which strains may be suitable to your pain needs. I believe anyone having to use heavy duty analgesics would be well served to look into the efficacy of cannabis, as an option to relieve pain. I hope you find what you are looking for. Dank is the mmj mod and you might like to make contact. He will be your guide.

Back
Top Bottom