Candida CD-1, Bright Light: A Community Grow Journal

:green_heart:Welcome to the world of the Bright Light:green_heart:
9ECE043F-8561-4BC2-8465-F7F5409C5765.jpeg
Many growers around the forum are growing, and growing to love, this stable 20:1 CBD chemovar developed by Medical Marijuana Genetics. Candida CD-1 (Latin for bright light) is a worked cross of ACDC x Harlequin that tests with consistently high concentrations of CBD (14-20%) and consistently low concentrations of THC (less than 1%).

When I introduced it to my medicine cabinet earlier this year, after growing one outdoors, it had an incredible impact on my quality of life. ON it’s own it helps to manage anxiety and depression very well, and combined at a 1:1 ratio with high THC varieties it is a panacaea for multiple types of pain. I’ve used other CBD medicine, including from high quality industrial hemp and from marijuana strains and to me the meds from Candida CD-1 are smoother and more effective than any. I’ve been using it daily for a little over 6 months and am also experiencing some relief in neurological symptoms and energy metabolism (I take other things for those as well so it’s part of a larger ‘protocol’).

In short, I think this variety is special :love: and many agree! I’m going to tag here all the growers I can think of right now who grow it: @Chris Scorpio @InTheShed @Agemon @DrDoob @dr.h00k @Preston9mm @Mootah and @newty :)

For some of us it is proving challenging to grow at times but we’re still getting good harvests and part of the purpose of this thread is so we can get to know it together and help each other out getting the very best out of it. The best of the best :cheesygrinsmiley:

My preferred way to use it is in infused oils, but others love to just smoke it or vape it for relief of tension and anxiety. Occasionally I mix it with some high THC flower and get a smoother longer lasting high and I know DrDoob and @SweetSue discovered the delights of this recently as well :)

It’s reported, by the breeder, to produce a ‘sativa’ and an ‘indica’ phenotype so it will be great to track all our grows enough to start to see that clearly. I think I see it, and then I see something that makes me question it so it’ll be great to be collecting some looks at it side by side in here.

To grow it is known for being vey bendy and needs to be staked. It is also suuuper sticky and super bendy and super sticky can be a real dance come harvest time so consider yourself warned :laughtwo:

The one I grew outside developed some beautiful colours late in flower, pushed along by cold temps overnight. I’m not sure if others have seen that yet, my current indoor one is nearly finished and only has hints.

That’s probably more than sufficient for an introduction. I hope all you CD-1 lovers will join in and share the beauty and growing adventure and that new folks interested in the strain will get inspiration to grow and helpful info along their way to becoming part of the Candida brains trust
:high-five:
30E3E08D-5BC8-4519-82BB-2D99ECDC2457.jpeg

Let the Bright Lights shine!
:love:
:Namaste:

Yeah that Hiydrow does sound great nunya! :welcome: Thanks for joining. CD-1 is a really useful strain if you need to work out ratios throught experimentation. It has about the same amount of CBD as many regular strains have of THC so it’s really easy to get a rough idea of different balances between the 2. There might come a time I go for ‘pre-mixed’ strain again and that one definitely sounds really good. I like the look of their Nightingale as well. :)

Yeah that Hiydrow does sound great nunya! :welcome: Thanks for joining. CD-1 is a really useful strain if you need to work out ratios throught experimentation. It has about the same amount of CBD as many regular strains have of THC so it’s really easy to get a rough idea of different balances between the 2. There might come a time I go for ‘pre-mixed’ strain again and that one definitely sounds really good. I like the look of their Nightingale as well. :)
I have grown Nightingale, it was good but kinda strange.
I got the 1:1 phenotype instead of the 20:1.
The high and the pain relief were great.
The flavor in a vaporizer was nice.
The buds were very gooey

In a joint it smelled like you were smoking cardboard though, but the flavor was decent.
And when it was growing the tops grew in any direction except up, which ended up working perfect for LST and SCROG so it basically trained itself.
As soon as I flipped it to flower then it went normal and grew up towards the light.

As you know, I am growing MMG's Master Hemp MH1. It is a cross between Candida CD-1 and an unknown swiss strain. 30% have purple flowers toward the end of bloom. It is a 32:1 with 12-16% CBD and 0.3-0.5% THC. I had to stake it last night. The buds are already very sticky. I did not do this, but MMG recommends a 12/12 light cycle the entire grow and apparently high nutes can be bad for it but it has thrived in my super soil. It is supposed to produce CBC and THCV in measurable quantities. I will use it to balance out higher THC strains into a 1:1 oil to place in capsules for my autistic son.

Thanks Amy!

I planted two Candida seeds this spring and ended up with a squat version of the plant as well as a lanky version. Though I don't know if one is the sativa version (lower yield, higher CBD) and one is the indica (higher yield, lower CBD) as I have not had them tested individually (just the oil made from a blend of the two).

The difference between them is easy to see even as clones planted at the same time:
20190806_085106 CD-1 clone difference.jpg

And the difference continues to this day (swapped sides obv):
20191007_080013 CD-1 clone difference.jpg

Hi Shed! :thanks: I thought we could get a lot out of bringing them all together in one thread. It might also push me to write to the breeder to ask them about it, which I’ve been meaning to do for ever!

One thing I’m curious about is the bud structure. The CD1 I’m growing now was kind of similar in plant structure (leaf shape etc.) to the one i grew before, but it’s grown with completely different methods so that doesn’t help me much. What I do see is difference in the bud structure that makes me think my current one is the indica and the previous was sativa (which is what I thought at the time) so that’s something I’ll try to illustrate when I make a proper post on the 2 I’ve grown so far.

It matters little in the grand scheme of things I suppose but seeing as the 2 supposed phenos have different CBD concentrations it’d be good to pin them clearly. The MMGenetics website has been down/under reconstruction for a while so when it comes back up i will finally write tot hem and ask what features distinguish the phenos. Freon what I’ve seen so far, which is only 2 in my own garden and 2-3 seeds popped in others gardens, the structure of the plant looks the same accross the board and it may be only the bud structure (maybe) and the growth habit, like what Shed showed, that tell the difference.

In any case - that’s not the only reason for the thread :D it may just be a useful byproduct. Mostly it’s to share growing it and celebrate it’s medicinal power.

:ciao::circle-of-love:I'll grow some :thumb::surf:
:bravo: great to hear it :D

I’ve dropped this a bit but my posts on the ones I’ve grown are coming, I promise! I’ve just been needing a bit of a break. Should be up for it in a week or so :)

My MH1 came in at 169.2 grams wet. Just harvested today.

Super bendy and super sticky. :D

And turned purple late in flower.

Hope it's OK since Master Hemp MH1 comes from Candida CD-1.
It totally is :thumb: super bendy super sticky is definitely a Candida trait. The late colour too, although i notice some differences - your MH turned on it’s leaves more than the CD-1. So far I’ve had that show colour on the bracts/flowers only.

Thanks for dropping it in here, it looks fantastic. I know you were in your own made organic soil and water only, but remind me please what size pot that grew in.

I'm getting ready to run a high cbd to low thc ratio plant from Seedsman. It'll be my first run with a plant like that. Unfortunately I couldn't find much information about the plant itself. Below is the information I've found on their site. I wonder if they used any combination of the plant you have going. Gonna follow along here to learn anything I can as it goes along.

Doctor Seedsman CBD is the crowning achievement resulting from a long and diligent effort seeking to discover a strain of cannabis with very high levels of CBD but with less than 1% THC resulting in healing effects without any psychoactivity. Many CBD-rich strains have been created but up until now the vast majority have virtually equal amounts of CBD and THC.

Dr. Seedsman CBD is 80% sativa and is descended from a plant that its breeders named CBD Asia due to its provenance and high CBD levels. This amazing plant didn't even need the usual inbreeding in order to both emphasise and stabilise its desirable traits. It is a robust plant growing vigorously yet staying quite short and squat in the process. Indoor flowering lasts for 8 - 9 weeks while outdoor harvests should be ready in early October in northern latitudes. Yields are high and the buds nice and dense and covered with loads of resin.

This plant is very aromatic but non-psychoactive. It has a powerful and penetrating taste with a pine and ginger note on the finish. CBD production has been laboratory tested at 20% while THC comes in at less than 1%. This represents a CBD:THC ratio in excess of approximately 30:1. The effect is very deeply relaxing to the body with no cerebral effects whatsoever

:bravo: great to hear it :D

I’ve dropped this a bit but my posts on the ones I’ve grown are coming, I promise! I’ve just been needing a bit of a break. Should be up for it in a week or so :)

It totally is :thumb: super bendy super sticky is definitely a Candida trait. The late colour too, although i notice some differences - your MH turned on it’s leaves more than the CD-1. So far I’ve had that show colour on the bracts/flowers only.

Thanks for dropping it in here, it looks fantastic. I know you were in your own made organic soil and water only, but remind me please what size pot that grew in.

5 gal plastic pot.

I'm getting ready to run a high cbd to low thc ratio plant from Seedsman. It'll be my first run with a plant like that. Unfortunately I couldn't find much information about the plant itself. Below is the information I've found on their site. I wonder if they used any combination of the plant you have going. Gonna follow along here to learn anything I can as it goes along.

Thanks HP - welcome to Candida CD-1 land! Great that youre keen to follow along. :thumb:

It will be less confusing going forward if we keep the discussion to the Candida CD-1 (or its offspring or parents). There’s no actual information that makes me think the Seedsman chemovar is related.

SweetSue keeps a community journal for CBD plants in general (linked below) which will definitely benefit from you documenting some of the Seedsman grow there.

Thanks HP - welcome to Candida CD-1 land! Great that youre keen to follow along. :thumb:

It will be less confusing going forward if we keep the discussion to the Candida CD-1 (or its offspring or parents). There’s no actual information that makes me think the Seedsman chemovar is related.

SweetSue keeps a community journal for CBD plants in general (linked below) which will definitely benefit from you documenting some of the Seedsman grow there.

thank you. I didn't mean to hijack at all. Just looking for grows related to high cbd to low THC ratio. Ill check the other link too.

Back
Top Bottom