Candida CD-1, Bright Light: A Community Grow Journal

Thanks HP - welcome to Candida CD-1 land! Great that youre keen to follow along. :thumb:

It will be less confusing going forward if we keep the discussion to the Candida CD-1 (or its offspring or parents). There’s no actual information that makes me think the Seedsman chemovar is related.

SweetSue keeps a community journal for CBD plants in general (linked below) which will definitely benefit from you documenting some of the Seedsman grow there.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the heads-up @Amy Gardner ... I will be growing "Dinamed CBD Plus" starting mid December ... but hope to get my hands on "Candida CD-1" by then so I can grow at least one of those plants.

I am finding that the THC strains I grew for my girlfriend are giving us some pain relief ... but they are also giving a rise in anxiety if we dose too high.

So far, we've tried smoking a bit and some cannabutter ... 1 teaspoon of cannabutter works great for us so far.

Hopefully we can try mixing some "Chemdawg" and "Dinamed CBD Plus"/"Candida CD-1" ... to get the right ratio for us.

Then we start making the oil capsules with the right ratio mix for us ...

Great idea starting this thread since I am sure "Candida CD-1" is going to become even more popular over the next few years ...

:green_heart:Welcome to the world of the Bright Light:green_heart:
9ECE043F-8561-4BC2-8465-F7F5409C5765.jpeg
Many growers around the forum are growing, and growing to love, this stable 20:1 CBD chemovar developed by Medical Marijuana Genetics. Candida CD-1 (Latin for bright light) is a worked cross of ACDC x Harlequin that tests with consistently high concentrations of CBD (14-20%) and consistently low concentrations of THC (less than 1%).

When I introduced it to my medicine cabinet earlier this year, after growing one outdoors, it had an incredible impact on my quality of life. ON it’s own it helps to manage anxiety and depression very well, and combined at a 1:1 ratio with high THC varieties it is a panacaea for multiple types of pain. I’ve used other CBD medicine, including from high quality industrial hemp and from marijuana strains and to me the meds from Candida CD-1 are smoother and more effective than any. I’ve been using it daily for a little over 6 months and am also experiencing some relief in neurological symptoms and energy metabolism (I take other things for those as well so it’s part of a larger ‘protocol’).

In short, I think this variety is special :love: and many agree! I’m going to tag here all the growers I can think of right now who grow it: @Chris Scorpio @InTheShed @Agemon @DrDoob @dr.h00k @Preston9mm @Mootah and @newty :)

For some of us it is proving challenging to grow at times but we’re still getting good harvests and part of the purpose of this thread is so we can get to know it together and help each other out getting the very best out of it. The best of the best :cheesygrinsmiley:

My preferred way to use it is in infused oils, but others love to just smoke it or vape it for relief of tension and anxiety. Occasionally I mix it with some high THC flower and get a smoother longer lasting high and I know DrDoob and @SweetSue discovered the delights of this recently as well :)

It’s reported, by the breeder, to produce a ‘sativa’ and an ‘indica’ phenotype so it will be great to track all our grows enough to start to see that clearly. I think I see it, and then I see something that makes me question it so it’ll be great to be collecting some looks at it side by side in here.

To grow it is known for being vey bendy and needs to be staked. It is also suuuper sticky and super bendy and super sticky can be a real dance come harvest time so consider yourself warned :laughtwo:

The one I grew outside developed some beautiful colours late in flower, pushed along by cold temps overnight. I’m not sure if others have seen that yet, my current indoor one is nearly finished and only has hints.

That’s probably more than sufficient for an introduction. I hope all you CD-1 lovers will join in and share the beauty and growing adventure and that new folks interested in the strain will get inspiration to grow and helpful info along their way to becoming part of the Candida brains trust
:high-five:
30E3E08D-5BC8-4519-82BB-2D99ECDC2457.jpeg

Let the Bright Lights shine!
:love:
interesting thread, how do you administer the infused oil?

Hi Mr X - and welcome to 420 Mag :welcome:
interesting thread,
:thanks:
how do you administer the infused oil?

A number of different ways, actually. I take a regular sublingual dose, which involves dropping the oil under my tongue and then aiming to not swallow for as long as possible. It takes 5-30 minutes to begin to be effective.

I also use it in beverages or onto food where it’s basically the same as an edible. My nighttime edible is just peanut butter on a cracker with my oil dose (a high THC variety) dribbled on top. :)

You can also make an infused oil using oils that absorb well into the skin and use it topically for pain relief and skin treatment.

Hi Mr X - and welcome to 420 Mag :welcome:

:thanks:

A number of different ways, actually. I take a regular sublingual dose, which involves dropping the oil under my tongue and then aiming to not swallow for as long as possible. It takes 5-30 minutes to begin to be effective.

I also use it in beverages or onto food where it’s basically the same as an edible. My nighttime edible is just peanut butter on a cracker with my oil dose (a high THC variety) dribbled on top. :)

You can also make an infused oil using oils that absorb well into the skin and use it topically for pain relief and skin treatment.

thanks very much for that info, i suffer some similar ailments as you do, ive never tried CBD before so will look into this more :thanks:

I'm excited to hear more about this strain and thanks for doing this thread. :cheer:

Afternoon Candida enthusiasts. :hug:

I’m trying to see if anyone has any idea what terpenes are predominant in Candida? I’ll admit to being lazy about digging into the internet about it yet. I thought I’d start with this group of growers.

Any thoughts as to what the perfumes you get from your plants might be suggesting about the terpene profiles?

Per 420 Magazine sponsor Cannapot, which has MH1 in stock (3 seeds):

Cannapot Onlineshop SLU - Master Hemp MH1 female

Master Hemp (CD-1 x Swiss Line) cannabisseeds provide very good medical CBD plants of highest order – the CBD levels are really high from 12 to 16% while THC production remains extremely low at just 0.3 – 0.5%. The production of terpenes is excellent, it is responsible for intense scents and flavours of lemons with bitter and sweet rounded with incense.

P.S. I could pick up on lemon, sweet, with what I called a spicy undertone in the odor.

Thanks Chris, I’ve seen some others too. Maybe I saved them. I got very strong passionfruit from the Candida I grew out side. @Conradino suggested this was a myrcene indicator. So that fits :D And pepper spiciness.

MMG website has been down for quite a while. Hopefully they are just reinventing their “storefront”. They used to have lot of test results there.

Between the Candida and the ACDC I have on hand I should be very familiar with the smell of myrcene and caryophyllene. :laughtwo:

Interesting.... secondary terpenes are pinene balanced with caryophyllene.... pinene gets the lead when you count b-pinene. Add in the limonene and there’s that bright light turning on.

Linalool and Nerolidol would balance out all the brightness and Humulene enhances caryophyllene’s anti-inflammatory action.

Geez.... this is starting to make sense.

Myrcene is the terpene that gives the skunk smell to cannabis. I find it interesting that the high-CBD varietals with significant caryophyllene and pinene don’t have any skunky smell - at least none I notice- and yet they’re high in myrcene.

I’ve also heard that myrcene give teh mango smell, and also the passionfruit smell. I read recently that it’s sometimes the combination of terps and esters (and etc.) that produce the smells for us. It can be misleading too, because what we smell are the most volatile ones.

Sometimes i wonder. The fact that we’re smelling it means it’s leaving the plant. SO oftentimes the most prevalent terp in what you toke isn’t necessarily the one you can smell beforehand, or that you smelled while growing.

None of this is scientific, just shootin the breeeze! I just wonder about it. Still so much we don’t know.

Also, that’s one test. Which is great and certainly some indication.

Depending on how and where it’s grown the terpene profile can change a lot. I;ve seen multiple tests for other strains that showed great variation. My 2 different phenos had different smells while growing too, and are more similar now dry (still a bit different - but not in explainable ways)

Yes, as you often say SS - better access to testing!

Back
Top Bottom