Candida CD-1

Just a update. Have now harvested my 2x Candida after entering week 9 of flower. Both Indica as far as I can tell.

Pics before chop:

After harvest & trim:

Don't know what the yield is yet as haven't weighed it, it's day 3 of drying tomorrow.

I did smoke a little bit of bud that came off with the trim but as it quick dried and not cured it gave me a headache so think I'll wait till they've been curing a couple of weeks to try again.

Going to make some VG extract tomorrow with the trim .

Just a update. Have now harvested my 2x Candida after entering week 9 of flower. Both Indica as far as I can tell.

Pics before chop:

9f4faebb6d513cb392949594fa28f337.jpg
4aa7ed5b0914b7bfa5667ec5276f9290.jpg
72501edaa138ec635dcd8532a5862906.jpg
1d8dff052af1d5a2c2df22fc273a85f0.jpg

After harvest & trim:

26626b60c914fef3e28c383b222929ab.jpg
a87f475d57e046fa360b5be62e86b972.jpg
9a3478a70ece5271c1b510ef5f2ecc59.jpg
79830566f2f1f9c1c7740d426149f3cb.jpg

Don't know what the yield is yet as haven't weighed it, it's day 3 of drying tomorrow.

I did smoke a little bit of bud that came off with the trim but as it quick dried and not cured it gave me a headache so think I'll wait till they've been curing a couple of weeks to try again.

Going to make some VG extract tomorrow with the trim .
Looks great my friend

Now I have heard a few people say the high CBD Strains will induce a headache

Not sure how much u smoke, but I've found the CBD strains only require 1 or 2 hits, why I also like the pills

I dont get headaches myself, I did smoke some today and I will say it's not the sweetest smoke I have but I sure do like it

Looks great my friend

Not sure how much u smoke, but I've found the CBD strains only require 1 or 2 hits, why I also like the pills

I dont get headaches myself, I did smoke some today and I will say it's not the sweetest smoke I have but I sure do like it

That's interesting I didn't know about the headaches. Maybe it will be better in the vape as it's a more controlled dose than smoking it.

Hoping to make some VG extract tonight with the trim, going to be a bit of a experiment but hopefully won't go badly lol

I have quite a few seeds I'm really wanting to grow but think moving maybe coming sooner than expected so will have to wait .

Looks great my friend

Have you tried any of these?

CBD Critical cure?

Auto Sweet nurse CBD? Amnesia Auto CBD?

Granddaddy purple?

Purple OG Kush?

Sweet tooth?

Just I have these seeds to grow and can only pick a couple at a time so would be great to know the effects. I done research online but always helpful to hear first hand what there like.

What's the ACDC like to smoke? As I have VCDC seeds aswell which is very close to it.

Have you tried any of these?

CBD Critical cure?

Auto Sweet nurse CBD? Amnesia Auto CBD?

Granddaddy purple?

Purple OG Kush?

Sweet tooth?

Just I have these seeds to grow and can only pick a couple at a time so would be great to know the effects. I done research online but always helpful to hear first hand what there like.

What's the ACDC like to smoke? As I have VCDC seeds aswell which is very close to it.
CBD Critical Cure I grew, haven't smoked much of it, think I will today, supposed to be a great cbd/THC Strain

GDP us fantastic, full indica, I've smoked a lit from dispensary and gave 2 in flower now, and 2 seedlings

No clue on the CBD strains u mentioned

I'd LOVE to grow Purple og Kush

ACDC is my favorite strain, I'm hoping the 3 female and 1 male will create some fantastic strains for me

ACDC is even better than Candida, St least the dispensary ACDC I had, so hope mine is even better

I'd do, in order

Purple OG kush
Vcdc
CBD Critical Cure
GDP

CBD Critical Cure I grew, haven't smoked much of it, think I will today, supposed to be a great cbd/THC Strain

GDP us fantastic, full indica, I've smoked a lit from dispensary and gave 2 in flower now, and 2 seedlings

No clue on the CBD strains u mentioned

I'd LOVE to grow Purple og Kush

ACDC is my favorite strain, I'm hoping the 3 female and 1 male will create some fantastic strains for me

ACDC is even better than Candida, St least the dispensary ACDC I had, so hope mine is even better

I'd do, in order

Purple OG kush
Vcdc
CBD Critical Cure
GDP

Would be great to hear a smoke report on the Critical cure CBD as I've heard it's a popular one. Wish we had dispensaries so I could try some before growing.

May get a smaller tent to do a 1 Auto in whilst the photo's are growing. I think that sounds like a good order to do them in too.

Excited to grow the Purple Kush if you rate it that well .. May take a clone from it as only have 1 of those seeds to hand.

Thinking of dropping a Candida seed in the next week or two. Any of you Candida guys, have you had successes mixing ground Candida in with another strain? I’m thinking an indica would be complementary, for pain killing and inflammation reduction.

Also has anyone tried breeding Candida yet? I have some Pink Kush regs coming and think Pink Kush x Candida might hold some potential - again, for the pain killing and anti inflammatory complementary effects.

Vape report:

Now been vaping my VG extract for a few days and it's awesome. No headache, helping tonnes with anxiety and pain relief.

Think this plant is defiantly better suited to making extracts or edibles with as the CBD content is so high.

My VG extract is around 600MG strength and it's plenty strong enough.

I'm hoping I get the Indica pheno next time. Wish I could get it tested so I knew exactly the CBD strength.

Vape report:

Now been vaping my VG extract for a few days and it’s awesome. No headache, helping tonnes with anxiety and pain relief.

Think this plant is defiantly better suited to making extracts or edibles with as the CBD content is so high.

My VG extract is around 600MG strength and it’s plenty strong enough.

I’m hoping I get the Indica pheno next time. Wish I could get it tested so I knew exactly the CBD strength.

Hello Aspiegeek,

What does VG stand for ? Has it got anything to do with glycerin ? :hmmmm:

By the way, thank you for documenting your grow and its outcome. :thumb:

All your work Guys and Girls is very interesting. :goodjob:

Thinking of dropping a Candida seed in the next week or two. Any of you Candida guys, have you had successes mixing ground Candida in with another strain? I'm thinking an indica would be complementary, for pain killing and inflammation reduction.

Also has anyone tried breeding Candida yet? I have some Pink Kush regs coming and think Pink Kush x Candida might hold some potential - again, for the pain killing and anti inflammatory complementary effects.

Hello DobeWan

I am not anywhere close to breeding and crossing plants, but it should be very exciting indeed.

Will you document and share that experiment ?

Sorry for this one, but I am always a bit curious as to what people use their cannabis against.

What ailment(s) do you fight against with Candida, and are you happy with the outcome ?

Hello Aspiegeek,

What does VG stand for ? Has it got anything to do with glycerin ? :hmmmm:

By the way, thank you for documenting your grow and its outcome. :thumb:

All your work Guys and Girls is very interesting. :goodjob:

Hi yes VG stands for Vegetable Glycerin which I use as a base for tincture to be taken orally or if I use it to vape then I add 50% PG Propylene Glycol to it so it's not so thick and easier to vape.

I prefer vaping as the dose is more controlled (although still only approx as I have no way of testing here). And it's much more discreet as it doesn't really smell like smoking weed does.

Plus I can add flavouring to it like my mums pure VG mix as she takes it orally I made strawberry cheesecake flavour.

Mine I have bubblegum, menthol, mint, tobacco.

I will be getting a dry herb vape pen aswell but making the extract defiantly makes it go further.

For my method I ended up with 200ml of VG which per 10ML was around 1200mg strength.

I then dilute it to be 20ML per bottle of 600mg strength for me and 20ML bottle of 250mg strength for my mum although that strength will increase its good to start low.

So that 200ml does go far.

For anyone else wanting to make some vape this is how I did it:

My VG extract method:

Using 20 grams of trim or around 15 grams of bud.

Put it on a baking tray, bud grounded up & cover with a baking bag. Preheat oven to 220F (about 105c) and cook for 90-mins.

Put VG 300ML into a measuring jug and put the bud in. (Make sure you buy good quality VG!) I got mine from amazon.

Blend it with a electric hand blender until very well mixed in together.

Pour the mix into a mason jar and seal the lid tightly!

Turn crockpot on low heat setting and let it heat up for around half hour. Then Fill crockpot with warm water till half way full.

Put mason jar with lid tightly fitted into baking bag and then into the preheated crockpot.

Keep it on low heat setting for around 30-mins and keep turning it.

At end take out and give jar a good shake.

Turn crockpot onto the "warm" setting and put jar back in.

Leave in for 12-hours, turn it occasionally if possible. (I used a timer on crockpot for this.).

When done remove jar and let it sit for an hour.

Get your now clean measuring jug again and put cheese cloth on the top (secure with rubber band).

Pour mixture into it, and you'll see it starts to drain into the jug.

You should hopefully get around 200ml back of the original 300ml.

Put rubber gloves on and give cheese cloth a good squeeze to get all the remaining mixture out.

Now your ready to get your bottles. Ideally 30ML and glass is better but plastic is ok too.

If you want each bottle to be around 600MG strength then you want to put 10ML of the mixture into each bottle.

If your vaping it I recommend putting an additional 10ML of PG into it as this will thin it out more making it easier to vape. (Shake well once added PG)

If taking it orally just out another 10ML of fresh VG into it.

This will give you 20ML in each bottle at around 600MG strength.

You can then add more of the extract VG if you want to make it stronger after sampling it.

Hope that your mother and you will soon reap the health benefits of your work with this strain.

You mentioned that your mother takes her regimen orally, but how does she exactly take it ? Is the VG swallowed or placed under the tongue ? I am just wondering, but what do you think about doing canna caps for your mother, despite the obvious slower onset ?

Hope that your mother and you will soon reap the health benefits of your work with this strain.

You mentioned that your mother takes her regimen orally, but how does she exactly take it ? Is the VG swallowed or placed under the tongue ? I am just wondering, but what do you think about doing canna caps for your mother, despite the obvious slower onset ?

It's definitely helping my anxiety and giving me more energy during the day.

Pain wise I think a higher dose will be needed but it takes a while to build up in your system to have full effects.

My mother takes it mid afternoon time & puts around 5-drops on her tongue, sometimes she'll take a second dose early evening if her pain is bad.

I was actually thinking of getting some capsules and putting a dose into each pill capsule for her to take that way but wasn't sure what dose I should create per tablet. Any suggestions?

I wish my “”expertise”” was such that I could help you on this point, but to be honest I do not have a clue. :hmmmm:

However, I believe you are on the right track by following the saying much in use here on 420Mag going : START LOW GO SLOW , which I wasn’t aware of, when I first tried to help my sister with a 1:1 strain and a THC only strain. This led to a total failure as THC drove her depressing state to the worst. Depression is not her main ailment, it’s just the side effect her more serious condition which I won’t go into detail here…

Maybe Chris Scorpio, KingstonRabbi, SweetSue, Old Bear or even Super Groomer (there may be other members, but these are just those who spring to mind) could give you more insight towards working out the right dose for your mother.

PS: I don't believe it can be added to VG, however, Liquid Sunflower Lecithin blended to cannabis infused oils is said to be a game changer by those who tried it (from what I've read).

I wish my ""expertise"" was such that I could help you on this point, but to be honest I do not have a clue. :hmmmm:

However, I believe you are on the right track by following the saying much in use here on 420Mag going : START LOW GO SLOW , which I wasn't aware of, when I first tried to help my sister with a 1:1 strain and a THC only strain. This led to a total failure as THC drove her depressing state to the worst. Depression is not her main ailment, it's just the side effect her more serious condition which I won't go into detail here...

Maybe Chris Scorpio, KingstonRabbi, SweetSue, Old Bear or even Super Groomer (there may be other members, but these are just those who spring to mind) could give you more insight towards working out the right dose for your mother.

PS: I don't believe it can be added to VG, however, Liquid Sunflower Lecithin blended to cannabis infused oils is said to be a game changer by those who tried it (from what I've read).

Thanks :) yeh I wouldn't want to make them too strong and it freak her out as she's new to cannabis so I'm trying to make everything on the mellow side for her.

My next grow will have some higher THC plants but I intend to create oils etc mixing them with the higher cbd plants to see what blend works best for her and for me.

I defiantly need more THC in order to help me sleep. The Indica Candida for sure helps me relax but not enough to stay asleep the whole night without nightmares (although there defiantly less frequent than when I wasn't using the Candida).

So will experiment soon as we've moved and my new grow space is ready .

Defiantly would be grateful guys for any advise re a starter MG strength in capsule form (going on the bases that 1ML of VG tincture is around 100 MG strength without me diluting it).

Again, I am not an expert, however, from what I’ve read, a dose that would help you go through the whole night may be a slightly higher dose, and most probably ingesting that dose may be the best option, as ingested cannabis acts for longer spans of time.

CBD is a very intriguing molecule. On you Aspiegeek, it seems to promote/induce sleep, however I’ve read that, according to some scientific studies, CBD has been found to be wake agent.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that Liquid Sunflower Lecithin improves bio availability.

Again, I am not an expert, however, from what I've read, a dose that would help you go through the whole night may be a slightly higher dose, and most probably ingesting that dose may be the best option, as ingested cannabis acts for longer spans of time.

CBD is a very intriguing molecule. On you Aspiegeek, it seems to promote/induce sleep, however I've read that, according to some scientific studies, CBD has been found to be wake agent.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that Liquid Sunflower Lecithin improves bio availability.

I've read that too. I think because normally I have anxiety ranging from moderate to extreme that it just helps my brain to stop going a million miles a minute which is what then helps me relax enough to sleep without taking sleeping drugs. Which thanks to CBD I've now been off for 4-months.

This is the first time in many years I've managed to get to sleep without sleeping drugs so there's a definite improvement.

Ah that's interesting maybe I shall try taking a capsule aswell and see if I then can stay asleep .

Back
Top Bottom