Candida CD-1

Hello DobeWan

I am not anywhere close to breeding and crossing plants, but it should be very exciting indeed.

Will you document and share that experiment ?

Sorry for this one, but I am always a bit curious as to what people use their cannabis against.

What ailment(s) do you fight against with Candida, and are you happy with the outcome ?

Hey baya!

We haven't used Candida yet - I grew one into flower in the fall, but had a lapse in my medical registration and culled it to be safe.

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis, so our intention is to treat her RA using it.

I would definitely document and share any breeding Baya. I run a perpetual journal for my adventures, although things are really only getting started there. I'll have a CBD strain, likely Candida, going in the coming months I'm sure.

Hi, all. This is a very informative journal, I really appreciate that it's here. I don't mean to hijack this fine thread but I'm not sure where to get an opinion.

I'm new to the forum and in also growing Candida at 41 days into flower. This is my first grow so I'm not exactly sure how they should be looking at this point. Many of the bud hairs are turning brown while remaining rather small. I have mainlined my plants to get a lot of tall colas so there are a lot of buds, but they're small.

Is the browning indicating that they are getting to the end? The only indication of nute burn is the very tips of the leaves are brown, and I mean just the tips and nothing else. This only recently happened so I don't think I'm killing them. It's been suggested to me that I start flushing and I've read that the strain can be ready in 65 to 80+ days. at 41 days I wonder what I should do?

Hope you can give me your opinion.

again, very sorry if this post in unwanted in the thread. nice work on your grow. I'll happily delete the post and re-post elsewhere. Just thought I'd get experienced Candida folks here

end_week_6_bud-1.jpg

20180209_145007.jpg

20180209_145015.jpg

20180209_145031.jpg

Hi, all. This is a very informative journal, I really appreciate that it's here. I don't mean to hijack this fine thread but I'm not sure where to get an opinion.

I'm new to the forum and in also growing Candida at 41 days into flower. This is my first grow so I'm not exactly sure how they should be looking at this point. Many of the bud hairs are turning brown while remaining rather small. I have mainlined my plants to get a lot of tall colas so there are a lot of buds, but they're small.

Is the browning indicating that they are getting to the end? The only indication of nute burn is the very tips of the leaves are brown, and I mean just the tips and nothing else. This only recently happened so I don't think I'm killing them. It's been suggested to me that I start flushing and I've read that the strain can be ready in 65 to 80+ days. at 41 days I wonder what I should do?

Hope you can give me your opinion.

again, very sorry if this post in unwanted in the thread. nice work on your grow. I'll happily delete the post and re-post elsewhere. Just thought I'd get experienced Candida folks here

end_week_6_bud-1.jpg

20180209_145007.jpg

20180209_145015.jpg

20180209_145031.jpg
She looks fantastic,and you are more than welcome here, that's why we have the thread

She for sure had a few more weeks, those red hairs look great, I didn't get near that many

I'd start looking be at tricomes now, see how milky they are

Very pretty girl for sure

She looks fantastic,and you are more than welcome here, that's why we have the thread

She for sure had a few more weeks, those red hairs look great, I didn't get near that many

I'd start looking be at tricomes now, see how milky they are

Very pretty girl for sure

Oh, very cool. thanks, I coulnd't tell if this were a grow journal or a more general Candida thread. didn't want to hijack.

It's been a pretty good grow for a first time. some challenges early on with over-watering but overall it's been working out

My doubt lies in the brown hairs and smallish bud size. I'm just about to begin week 7 and I think I'll start flushing next week after I get one more feed in. My problem is that I think my coco is very hot with residual nutrients and I don't want to burn them out. I wonder if I should begin the flush now or at least water with minimal nutes and flush some excess out of the coco. I don;t want to lush too early and starve them of needed nutes at this time when they need them most.

do you think they look like Candida should at this time and that I may have 2 or three more weeks left?

I need to go back and read the entirety of this thread to better understand the grows here, 30 pages, I'll tackle that this weekend

My hydro guy tells me it's time to flush and to keep feeding enzymes and nothing else, except to top the first flush water with molasses and leave that in the coco. Like I said it's my first grow so all the suggestions I get tend to confuse me because the differ so much

I'm really interested to hear what the Candida experiences are here

Thanks so much. very cool to find you all. BTW, I have a loupe on the way but I think it will arrive too late. Amazon from China. I think I need something else, maybe a cheap ups scope?

ps.. I guess I thought maybe I was burning the buds with nutes because of all the brown hairs that seemed too soon, but perhaps this is just how the strain looks and it will be fine for another 3 weeks?

Oh, very cool. thanks, I coulnd't tell if this were a grow journal or a more general Candida thread. didn't want to hijack.

It's been a pretty good grow for a first time. some challenges early on with over-watering but overall it's been working out

My doubt lies in the brown hairs and smallish bud size. I'm just about to begin week 7 and I think I'll start flushing next week after I get one more feed in. My problem is that I think my coco is very hot with residual nutrients and I don't want to burn them out. I wonder if I should begin the flush now or at least water with minimal nutes and flush some excess out of the coco. I don;t want to lush too early and starve them of needed nutes at this time when they need them most.

do you think they look like Candida should at this time and that I may have 2 or three more weeks left?

I need to go back and read the entirety of this thread to better understand the grows here, 30 pages, I'll tackle that this weekend

My hydro guy tells me it's time to flush and to keep feeding enzymes and nothing else, except to top the first flush water with molasses and leave that in the coco. Like I said it's my first grow so all the suggestions I get tend to confuse me because the differ so much

I'm really interested to hear what the Candida experiences are here

Thanks so much. very cool to find you all. BTW, I have a loupe on the way but I think it will arrive too late. Amazon from China. I think I need something else, maybe a cheap ups scope?

ps.. I guess I thought maybe I was burning the buds with nutes because of all the brown hairs that seemed too soon, but perhaps this is just how the strain looks and it will be fine for another 3 weeks?

Mine took till week 9 to fully bloom and even then they prob could of gone another week but I grew in soil.

Yours still have a tonne of white on tops so I'd think they have a good couple of weeks left imo

Mine took till week 9 to fully bloom and even then they prob could of gone another week but I grew in soil.

Yours still have a tonne of white on tops so I’d think they have a good couple of weeks left imo

Thats good to know. Being my first crop I'm second guessing myself all the way thourhg. I think I'll feed for the last time today and begin a two week flush next watering, which should be Tuesday or Wednesday. These 5 gallon buckets really hold the water.

All the trichomes are clear, I don't see any milky ones.

Thats good to know. Being my first crop I'm second guessing myself all the way thourhg. I think I'll feed for the last time today and begin a two week flush next watering, which should be Tuesday or Wednesday. These 5 gallon buckets really hold the water.

All the trichomes are clear, I don't see any milky ones.
If no milky tricomes I'd keep feeding till u see them.

Like we both mentioned looks like two weeks or more till she is done

Patients my friend, she will tell u when she is done

Patients my friend...lol

it's tough to be. THis will be a 16 week grow for me. I mainlined all 3 plants and got 10 colas each, plants are about 3' tall with buds everywhere. I can't even count all the sites. veg and training was 6 weeks + but I think worth it. I made a sublingual oil with some trimmed leaves and have smoked some smaller early buds. waiting for the finished product is tough. glad I got this advice here

where did you find ACDC seeds?

ACDC is from a USA seed bank, can't remember the name,on my computer, pm me if yer interested in them

I'm hoping it's a true ACDC, love ACDC so am really excited

Just so I understand a little better, I start to flush when I get all milky trichomes, maybe a small percentage of amber? and this will give me the time needed to get a good flush done?

I've read about both methods, flush/ no flush. a little torn on this.

Watering today I do notice the buds have fattened a little bit.

you don't recommend a two week flush? Thanks

If your growing in hydro it's my understanding you can do a shorter length flush than when growing in soil? So two weeks would seem long for a hydro grow. I did 1-week and as I said I grew in soil.

She's worth the wait my friend, currently enjoying my vape from my trim and been picking at my curing buds which I use in a dry herb vaporiser and it's such a good high. Curing is defiantly important with such potent plants!

I run coco and I still like to flush as long as I can. I wouldn't go below a week. I prefer 10 days on the low end, 14 ideally.

OK, I have mostly clear trichomes and about 10% of those are amber clear. very few are cloudy. It seems they go from clear to amber clear.

is this because the thc is low and they won't go cloudy? Should I really be thinking of flushing for a few days and harvesting? I thought I'd be waiting a week or two more.

I really want to wait, suckers seem to be turning anyway

+++++EDIT+++++

the more I looked with my scope the more cloudy and amber I see. Hard to tell what percentage but there are at least 10-15% amber .

My Jack Herer growing in tandem is all cloudy with 5 to 10% amber.

I believe I ought to flush and let the plants use what mutes are stored in them.

I would start my flush at 5-10% amber for my standard high THC indica. One of the guys like Scorpio who know the strain better may tell you differently, so maybe wait for a second opinion.

It’s odd to me though that you’d see clear and amber and no milky. Usually they go mostly milky before you start seeing amber.

Back
Top Bottom