Candida CD1 & Doctor Seedsman, 2020

DelBoyLdn

First grow journal, 4 plants (put 2020 in title because growing will start early next year). Please let me know if I missed anything.

Strain - Candida CD-1 and Doctor Seedsman CBD 30.1 (ordered seeds today, the Seedsman website is painfully slow, like watching paint dry but now I get to find out more about the freebies and BF extras). Planning to try 2 of each.

Indoors - building an 8 ft x 3 or 4ft grow room

Lights – ordered 2 Mars-Hydro SP250’s today at BF prices with the 420magazine coupon (@SmokeSara – I could have ordered each one separately and got the coupon on both so please donate the $10 to charity)

Soil – Promix HP, Wiggle Worms castings and Doc Buds High Brix kit (this is now cooking in two 102 litre/27 American gallon containers)

Pots – starting in 1 gallon, will grow in 10 gallon

Extraction fan/filter – not yet ordered, suggestions welcome.

Budget – already blown :)

@seedlingmtl

8 ft x 3 or 4ft grow room

4 ft high? Can you add more vertical space? Or is the 8ft vertical.

Everything else is perfect....good strains, amazing soil, great pot sizes....as for the fan filter combo it might depend what your room is looking like. I would hold off for now anyway.

Situation normal, there's always more...
:rofl: So true eh Salty? :laugh:

Hey D,Boy....Welcome to our lil DBHBB gang.
Were nothin but a bunch of 'ner de well misfits'.
Seedling has turned u on to the bestest grow system out there. Good on ya sir!
If u have ANY questions or concerns , there are loads of experienced peeps around this neighborhood that will be glad to offer help/assistance/knowledge.
Once again ...welcome DBoy.:welcome::bravo::woohoo:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:surf:

If u have ANY questions or concerns , there are loads of experienced peeps around this neighborhood that will be glad to offer help/assistance/knowledge.

After someone gets a look at my garden in person they got no choice but to start their own.... :rofl:

I know eh ....:passitleft:
DBoy....u need not wait the whole 30 days before u drop seeds ok.
Since u will be starting in #1's with the top 1/3 rd of the pot straight Pro Mix. (Seedling, please explain this to him)....wat u can do is start a week to ten days earlier ok.
They will not be going into the tens for a few weeks after they are born ok.....understood?:circle-of-love:

4 ft high? Can you add more vertical space? Or is the 8ft vertical.

Everything else is perfect....good strains, amazing soil, great pot sizes....as for the fan filter combo it might depend what your room is looking like. I would hold off for now anyway.

:rofl: So true eh Salty? :laugh:

8 ft wide and 3 or 4 ft deep (front to back). It's 7 ft high for half the width and 8 ft high for the other half.

Thanks for the welcome! There's so much in-depth knowledge on this forum and I'm trying to digest some of it as I go along. I'm sure there'll be lots of questions but from what I've seen a bit of time searching will often help find the answer. Nothing worse than posting a question that has been answered many times before so hopefully there will only be a few questions that have to be posted.

What's it like in the future?

8 ft wide and 3 or 4 ft deep (front to back). It's 7 ft high for half the width and 8 ft high for the other half.
I would go with 4 feet. You will be glad to have more room to move around or rearrange things in the future. I have found that you always want more room than you think you need if you can manage it! Welcome to the forum and best luck on your first grow!

I would go with 4 feet. You will be glad to have more room to move around or rearrange things in the future. I have found that you always want more room than you think you need if you can manage it! Welcome to the forum and best luck on your first grow!
Agreed, more is always better. I wasted a bunch on my first set up on keeping it too small thinking it would be a simple setup. Now all that is abandoned and I am using a whole room....but my plants are much happier.

Maybe take some photos of the space you plan on working with and that will give us a better idea.

I know eh ....:passitleft:
DBoy....u need not wait the whole 30 days before u drop seeds ok.
Since u will be starting in #1's with the top 1/3 rd of the pot straight Pro Mix. (Seedling, please explain this to him)....wat u can do is start a week to ten days earlier ok.
They will not be going into the tens for a few weeks after they are born ok.....understood?:circle-of-love:

Thanks, understood, didn't know that (or lost that snippet in the information deluge) but also didn't keep any Promix to do it. Is it important to start with just the the top third as straight Promix or is it OK to use the mix? One good thing, the local store now has the 13 lb bag of Promix in stock. Don't need to lug one of the 60 lb bales again anytime soon :D

Can't start until the enclosure is built, that's a work in progress and size etc. will be finalized when lights arrive. Panda film is on the Christmas list so it all looks like early next year will be the grow time. Tried putting the C$600+ worth of lights (2 x SP250) on that list too, didn't work!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion. Makes a lot of sense! I could start with the SP250 lights length ways and then have room to turn them 90 degrees if I need to add more light.

Thanks, understood, didn't know that (or lost that snippet in the information deluge) but also didn't keep any Promix to do it. Is it important to start with just the the top third as straight Promix or is it OK to use the mix? One good thing, the local store now has the 13 lb bag of Promix in stock.
The reason we use straight Promix as a top layer is for the soil the next time around. It can get too hot (strong) for seeds and just burns them up. In 1st run soil you should be fine, but once this run is over and you amend and cook a second time you should definitely follow Duggs advice.

Love me some Candida

Got it and Dr Seedsman going now myself in DWC

Candida is one if my favorite strains, I press it for rosin, and make infused oils from it

Excited to try Dr Seedsman as well

Hi DelBoyLdn, You are just ordered in the best time! Black Friday Sales is the biggest sales in one year! :green_heart: Hope you like the lights later when you receive them. :Rasta:
But one thing I need to mention, that the SP 250 is for space 2x4, so two of them is for 4x4 space, you might lack lights during flowering since you are using a much bigger space, :green_heart: So you can always add more lights in later. :Namaste:
Anyway, happy growing!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom