Candy Cane Auto - Newby To Indoor

JackRedins

420 Member
Ok time to take the plunge. After sticking to outdoor grows since '76 I figured I'd try a tiny indoor op.
Light one fixture, adjustable ballast
250w MH for veg
400w HPS for flower

I want 4 plants so I germinated 5 seeds according to crop king seeds directions. They guarantee
an 80% success rate.
As soon as those puppies had tap roots i placed in 2 gallon buckets.
each bucket has about 60% Scotts top soil with a 5% layer of Promix and topped with 25% potting soil.
I moisten the soil in each bucket until a mall amount of water stars to come out the bottom
tap roots are lightly buried in this layer. If you do the math you'll see 10% un-accounted for. I use that to stabilise young plants.
This method has always worked well for my outdoor grows.
Tue Feb 6th Germination started
Fri Feb 9th Tap roots -into soil
Sun Feb 11th 3 broke through surface _one tap root came out so I gingerly reburried
Mon Feb 12th all 5 broke through and taproot problem seedling may survive.
Wed Feb 14th Happy Valentines day...looks like daddy is having 5 girls to raise

With this new strain and type after much reading I will run a consistent 18-6 light schedule for the duration of this grow.

I will be looking to all your advise on when and if to prune:thumb:

Pic's coming as soon as I can figure out how to get 'em here

I thing you'll all like my $1.69 reflective tent!!

Feb 15 7am...pics show up close vs from a distance
up-close-feb15-7am.1491824

from a distance-feb15 7am. - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Nice! I have had good luck with crop kings germanation too. I have germinated 70 seeds in the past two years. All but one made it to harvest.
Good luck and I have not grown this strain. I have grown autos jack herer, northern lights and amnesia haze. The jack produces a lot.
I am currently growing 4 of their strains and they are photos. I am flipping to bloom this week.
I like your soil mix too

It's getting close to crunch time. Coming into the 7th week on my autos I have one question. When should I harvest? Here's a view of one of the plants. As an added bonus look at the seedling. It's from a F1 cross of jack herr and ak47. I got 1 seed put of an ounce and a half from a friend. It showed up in my grinder with a crack in it and after reading how some guys crack there seeds on purpose i thought wtf. I through it in some moistened soil an surprise surprise! CHECK IT OUT HERE

You generally want to get a loupe and check out your Trichomes. The breeders recommendation are only a guideline and rarely correct. Most Autos - including the ones I'm now growing will probably run 2-4 weeks beyond the 10 week guidance from the breeder.

Another good sign is when most of your white hairs turn orange or brown and the Cola stops swelling.

Back
Top Bottom