Caneye's Perpetual Hempys - Modular Scrogs - Multi-Plant Single Pot Sog & More!

re: Caneye's Perpetual Hempys - Modular Scrogs - Multi-Plant Single Pot Sog & More!

Both phenos are very similar looking but sativa pheno has longer internodes and she stretches to form kind of spearheaded shape in the end. The only thing which is off are these red petioles, I never saw them in GC, and the plant looks very healthy.

re: Caneye's Perpetual Hempys - Modular Scrogs - Multi-Plant Single Pot Sog & More!

Both phenos are very similar looking but sativa pheno has longer internodes and she stretches to form kind of spearheaded shape in the end. The only thing which is off are these red petioles, I never saw them in GC, and the plant looks very healthy.

Conradino, :thanks: for taking a look and for your reply. All of my plants develop those purplish to red petioles at one point in flower. I do veg under led, some do develop it then, some don't. I've read and read on the subject. Even tried mag epsom salt(foliar& pour in) moving light higher, etc. Nadda,zilch,zero niet! :thedoubletake: Not sure what else it could be. In my mind i chalked it up to the leds changing the pigmentation. Some of the undersides of some petioles on different plants are still green with no sign of progression towards turning.

So,I take ill just have to wait a few weeks to see how she shapes out eh? The internodes do resemble sativa like characteristics. I did top and lst her in veg, so im not sure.Again thank you for taking a look.

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

It's possible, different wavelength changes basic metabolism of the plant. Magnesium deficiency is one possibility, another is overabundance of something else.

It's possible, different wavelength changes basic metabolism of the plant. Magnesium deficiency is one possibility, another is overabundance of something else.

Caonrandino, may I ask what you would try in my case? Thank you.

Stay Frosty.
CanEyeBus

First tell me exactly what mix you use and what you feed these plants, and maybe I can figure it out.

First tell me exactly what mix you use and what you feed these plants, and maybe I can figure it out.

I use, maxibloom @ 7 grams per gallon, potassium silicate@1/2 - 1 tsp (ph up) citric acid (ph down). I also use bio root, and bio marine during transition. Also, the undersides of those petioles haven't turned yet. I'll post pic during today's update when i get to the spot in a cple hours.the "mix" i'm assuming is the media you are referring to? The GC IS 100% perlite. If not my apologies for the misudnerstanding.

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

Ok, you're growing passive hydro style, so now it makes sense. You're giving too much potassium which most likely messes with calcium and magnesium uptake, and blocks you on a way to High Brix, when these petioles should green up. Unfortunately in hydro your possibilities are limited, cause it's the plant that decides what she wants, which means everything should be available there all the time, and in hydro it's not. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with hydro being soil organic grower, so I can't give you any practical advice.

Thanks Conrandino, much appreciated. That statement alone was enough practical advice in and of itself.:thumb: maybe the potassium silicate i'm using using is the culprit. As I mix my feed up in a 5 gal bucket, i usually add 4-8ml per 5 gal bucket. The maxibloom brings my ph down to 5.6 when added before the potassium silicate. This could also be an issue as the potassium silicate is to be added into the water before the nutes!My tap runs 235 to 250 .5 ec year round. I know you've stated you don't do hydo, some of this is in response to you, lol and some of this is me talking to myself. It helps when i go back over and read my thoughts. I' m thinking either,
A. Soften the tap a bit as I've done in the past with R.O. The maxi at the given ratio should provide all the potassium I need. Using the Potassium silicate (probably more often than i should as it really does toughen up the stems considerably along with other benefits. causing an overabundance which in turn, causes lockout. (as he stated)Label had two directions, one for soil, one for hydro. I know I sit somewhere in the middle so i just figured " couldn't hurt?"
B.let her ride a few days with ph'd water see if any changes occur and back off the potassium silicate.

Conrandino, my man, I think, scratch that, i know your onto some something. Looking back at my notes, and the pics I have taken over the past,there are a few things i've changed recently, that would be the cuplrit. Nutes(switched over about a 6 weeks back) and the substitute ph up.

Ill start with nixing the potassium silicate's frequent use.
Props Conrandino!

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

You're spot on with this one Conradino. I do think leds have a different effect on the metabolism.Therefore,requiring nutes at at differing levels. I suffered a mag def on the 3 kings strain, ran 3 times. With the last two runs being chopped today. I'm taking the clones which are 2 wks behind the scrog. It popped a few nanners the first time i ran it in late bloom.Scrog also popped a few nanners middle of last week. Taste,smell,high were are on point,also didn't like the bud structure.She was just too finicky an eater and didn't like the buffet the other girls were being served. The clones are being taken early. I don't want to pollinate my GC or BDxBB.

The BlueDreamxBarberryBrute clones' leaves are starting to look funky. Mag def possibly they are two weeks ahead of the scrog's whose leave are still healthy. I will. Try to avoid the def on the scrog.
Update coming soon.

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

Hey CaneyeBus!

Very vivid and healthy looking plants you have!!

Definitely going to be a nice finish to these ladies!

Update-

Took me a while to get photos. Had to rearrange things once the 3Kings ModScrog was due to be chopped today. Didn't chop her down yet, her and her 6 week old (the17th is the actual 6 week mark)clones are sitting in dark,on punishment!:cheesygrinsmiley: It'll be a treat to see the different nuiances,characterics,qualities etc in the medicine's end product.

*Disclaimer* Camera(old nikon coolpix pilfered from my niece) has a few issues. 1. It has a cracked screen(viewfinder thingamajig) I can only see a portion of what I'm shooting. There are parts visible lol. 2.The battery door slide is broken,so the batteries pop out unless....Duct tape wont do,i need the buttons. Wifey's ponytail holder was my greatest engineering feat! Just don't tell her, I've gone thru a pack of the smaller ones until I realized there are bigger sizes.:smokin:
Having said all that, I noticed my date was off by a year and a day. I winged it! Got really close as well! I'll fix that next photo update which will be the Veg side of things tomorrow/today. now off to upload the photos real quick....

I will start this update with The 3Kings ModScrog that is due for chop. Wasn't featured in any of my previous pics/posts. It is s'posed to be sour diesal x og kush x headband. I've read there is another variation also. I've never had any of the genetics crossed or not. So, I just take my buddy's word for it. He a good guy and all the beans he's gifted me whether bag seed or bought have held true. I will take this down at 63days since flip. It popped a few nanners and I didn't want to chance my Green Crack or BDxBB to be pollinated. I took the clones at 40 days,2 days before the 6 wk mark.
3kings
IMG_129223.JPG
IMG_129614.JPG

Bud shots
IMG_129327.JPG
IMG_129520.JPG
IMG_129418.JPG
last pic shows a runt clone i couldn't toss!
Clones
IMG_130228.JPG
IMG_130130.JPG
IMG_129928.JPG
IMG_130022.JPG
IMG_129818.JPG
IMG_129727.JPG

StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Next oldest in flower up are the Blue dream x Barberry Brute clones. They are actually 3 weeks behind the 3Kings ModScrog. The two week cycle will start when these come down. Yea I procrastinated for a week and didn't flip anything:cheesygrinsmiley: I defoliated one clone, took 4-6 fans. They were pretty large and and very healthy when taken at 21 days. I did this,1.Because I'm unfamiliar with the genetics 2. Some of my sat dom hybrids do take to defoil. 3. I like experimenting with this fun plant!
IMG_130825.JPG
IMG_130922.JPG
IMG_131038.JPG
IMG_131129.JPG
IMG_131225.JPG
IMG_131325.JPG
IMG_131421.JPG
IMG_131528.JPG
IMG_131631.JPG
IMG_131830.JPG
IMG_132037.JPG
IMG_131932.JPG
IMG_131732.JPG
IMG_132130.JPG
IMG_132225.JPG
IMG_132329.JPG

BDxBB clone line up
IMG_132833.JPG
IMG_133031.JPG
IMG_132926.JPG

The Experiments' shots
IMG_132629.JPG
IMG_132729.JPG
IMG_132525.JPG
IMG_132427.JPG

I will update these in two days when they actually hit the 6 wk mark.
Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

Next up is the Pineapple Express ModScrog. Simply put, she will need to be defoliated! Huge fans with long petioles. Some petioles/fans are stacked right on top of each other. She's an old mom i decided to scrog and flower out. I have one branch sequestered and selected for pollination by her daughter clone.
Pineapple Express ModScrog

Next up is the Pineapple Express ModScrog. Simply put, she will needs to be defoliated! Huge fans with long petioles. Some petioles/fans are stacked right on top of each other. She's an old mom i decided to scrog and flower out. I have one branch sequestered and selected for pollination by her daughter clone.

Battery died last night..

IMG_138032.JPG
IMG_137927.JPG
IMG_137834.JPG
IMG_137730.JPG
IMG_137631.JPG

This will be cleaned up Todays!
IMG_137533.JPG
IMG_137432.JPG
IMG_137229.JPG
IMG_137319.JPG

StayFrosty,CanEyeBus

Next up is Green Crack. Not sure if this is the HSO cut or not. Not even sure it IS green crack. A few more weeks will tell.
Green Crack
IMG_135029.JPG
IMG_134825.JPG
IMG_134931.JPG
IMG_135126.JPG

*note* Conradino, noted the petioles on her, got the synapses firing. I will be monitoring this more vigorously. Petioles if not green,indicates somethings amiss. I won't do too drastic an experiment on this one in particular.I took plenty clones to experiment with:cheesygrinsmiley: To try to remedy this,
1.she will get plain tap for two days. It only takes her a day at this point to drink the hempy reservoir.
2. Nix the potassium silicate's use as ph up(feed drops down to 5.6 after adding 35 grams of maxibloom powder to 5 gallons of dechlorinated tap@.5 ec 240-250 ppmsOR Drop the maxidown to 5-6gs per gal of h20 and continue the PS.(i really like the benefits of the use)

The newest addition to the flower room is the multiplant single pot Pineapple Express. I think i may have waited week too long to flower, I've never let them get this tall using this method before flip. I may have some lolipopping to do. There are 9 plants in the pot.
PE x9
IMG_135925.JPG
IMG_135829.JPG
IMG_135723.JPG
IMG_135526.JPG
IMG_135627.JPG

*self note*No purpling/reddish petioles on PE coming out of veg keep an eye out if it starts. Track day of flower,feed,etc.

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus*

Back
Top Bottom