Canna coco A+B - How much should I use - Please help

rankamateur

Hi there people, hope you can help me.

Im a uk indoor tent grower and im having problems with nutrient burn using canna coco a+b.

Im using canna coco medium soil too.

Have had really bad nutrient burn show itself during the first 2week of flowering so I flushed the HELL out of the soil in a pot 10litres big with about 15 litre's of water and drained it in my bath. few days later it picked up and looks a ton better. Iv watered it once again but just with water (no nutes).
Im wary feeding it again until i know exactly what im doing which I hope you guys can help with.

The feeding schedule which resulted in nutrient burn (leaves curling up going crispy and yellow at the ends) was as follows, 8ml of canna coco a+b, 2ml canna boost and 2ml canna pk 13/14, this all added into 2LITRES of water.

What amounts would you use? also when should I be using the pk 13/14?
Please help me, i cant seem to find an answer online.

Cheers

I gotta ask you may be overdoing it a bit
im not sure whats on the label but 8ml 2 ml and 2ml to 2 liters??
so how much to one liter and is that what the feed schedule calls for? whats it say on the bottle?or on your feed chart

Thanks for replying Cronichemphog,

Sorry if i wasnt a bit clearer on the details,
I feed it every 4 or 5 days or when the soil is really dry. Imagine an empty 2 litre bottle(like a big empty coca cola bottle), in that i put 8ml of canna coco A+B, 2ml canna boost and 2ml canna pk 13/14, then its filled with water. the plant pot is then normally well saturated with just one 2 litre bottle of water + the feed thats in it.
Hope thats a bit more well explained mate.

do you feed straight water in between like say 2 feeds w/ nute then one plain water?
good to stick in a straight water in between feeds
also once I see liquid start to come out I stop and I put like 36 oz of liquid then I stop wait and see if anythings coming out then add more
for me I don't feel like I have to flood the whole thing and even just doing that the watering schedule is about 3-4 days between

That sounds like you are over doing the A & B rates for that stage of growth. The recommended rate for flowering is split into 3 stages (1) first signs of fruit and flower 2.5 - 3.5ml/litre (A & B) , Rhizotonic 0.5ml/litre ,Cannazyme 2.5ml/litre and Cannaboost Accelerator 2-4ml/litre. Stages 2 + 3 use 2-3ml A & B plus the others as well as Canna PK. Sounds like you have been putting about a ml too much. It might not sound much but those are the recommendations straight off the label. What EC are you running at and are you monitoring the EC of you runoff when flushing ? Cheers Pat.

Hi Cronichemphog,

I dont feed it without nutes in the water but as its something you have suggested i will do that.

So if iv got you right mate, what your saying is I should feed it water with nutes and then the next feed just water?

Can I ask you mate, is it right to try and starve the plant of water as much as you can to increase potency? If this is correct in your opinion, just how long can you have the soil dry for? Just asking because of conflicting info online.
Thanks for your time by the way

Hi PatBezz,

Thanks for your input on my problem mate. Can i ask you mate is it really important that I have Rhizotonic and Cannazyme? I only ask because I know someone thats using all the same nutes that I use and gets really good results, and thats without Rhizotonic and Cannazyme. Also mate what is an EC, sorry if its a bit of a nube question but its only my second grow.
Cheers

Hi PatBezz,

Thanks for your input on my problem mate. Can i ask you mate is it really important that I have Rhizotonic and Cannazyme? I only ask because I know someone thats using all the same nutes that I use and gets really good results, and thats without Rhizotonic and Cannazyme. Also mate what is an EC, sorry if its a bit of a nube question but its only my second grow.
Cheers
There are many other members way more experienced than myself but I feel if you stick with the recommended rates that's your best method. Tweeking the rates should come with experience - some guys use half recommended rates and some strains can handle less or more !!!!!!! Although I have experience of a few years growing outdoors in soil I'm a newbie at Hydro having only grown a couple of crops using perlite and High K powdered nutrients. This is my first time using Canna Coco Medium and A & B nutrients. However I research thoroughly before I decide what I'm going to use and this method suited my conditions here in Australia. Regarding all the extras that Canna recommend i.e. Rhizotonic, Cannazyme , and Cannaboost personally I take this with a pinch of salt ('scuse the pun) as marketing is present everywhere. From my reading Rhizotonic sounds to me to be basically Seaweed extract with it's major benefits being Fulvic and Humic acids - these help the mediums bacteria make nutrients more available. But seaweed also strengthens plants against heat and cold stress by helping thicken the cell walls of plants and more efficiently use water. I don't use Rhizotonic but have used SEASOL seaweed extract that is manufactured using Bull Kelp (Durvillea potatorum) from the southern ocean off Tasmania. A read of the chemical analysis of this product shows many more compounds including various beneficial bacteria and natural plant hormones that help plants access nutrients that might otherwise be "locked up" or unavailable. Cannazyme I believe helps bacteria consume old and decaying roots in the medium - this I'll have to research more. What is EC = Electroconductivity an indication of the strength of a nutrient solution as measured by ac EC meter e.g. Bluelab Truncheon. Ideally when mixing up a nutrient batch you should measure the EC of the tap water then add that on top of the mix you are making. For instance my tap water has an EC of 0.2 if I want to make a nutrient mix to end at say 1.6 I make up enough nutes to equal 1.8. When I flush my pots (I am running to waste not recycling) I will adjust the pH of plain tap water (check EC always is 0.2) then pour a couple of litres through each pot and measure the EC of the runoff. It usually goes like this (1)first 2 litre flush EC =1.4 -1.6. 2nd 2 litres of plain water EC 1.0 - 1.2 and the third usually gets it close to what I want 0.4 - 0.6. I have been also mixing in 2 teaspoons of Molasses per 15 litre mix when I make up a nutrient mix which will increase your EC as it contains some sodium but not by much. My young plants in early veg. seem to get a kick after flushing really standing up happily. This is all a bit of a learning experience for myself as well and the wealth of knowledge and experience of members of forums like this one are my guide mostly above companies spruiking their product. I will however be using the CANNA PK when it comes to flowering as those nutrients are vital and feedback from forum members suggest that the A & B and the Canna PK be the barest minimum used. I hope this helps and would like some feedback on my method from others if they feel inclined. Cheers Pat.

There are many other members way more experienced than myself but I feel if you stick with the recommended rates that's your best method. Tweeking the rates should come with experience - some guys use half recommended rates and some strains can handle less or more !!!!!!! Although I have experience of a few years growing outdoors in soil I'm a newbie at Hydro having only grown a couple of crops using perlite and High K powdered nutrients. This is my first time using Canna Coco Medium and A & B nutrients. However I research thoroughly before I decide what I'm going to use and this method suited my conditions here in Australia. Regarding all the extras that Canna recommend i.e. Rhizotonic, Cannazyme , and Cannaboost personally I take this with a pinch of salt ('scuse the pun) as marketing is present everywhere. From my reading Rhizotonic sounds to me to be basically Seaweed extract with it's major benefits being Fulvic and Humic acids - these help the mediums bacteria make nutrients more available. But seaweed also strengthens plants against heat and cold stress by helping thicken the cell walls of plants and more efficiently use water. I don't use Rhizotonic but have used SEASOL seaweed extract that is manufactured using Bull Kelp (Durvillea potatorum) from the southern ocean off Tasmania. A read of the chemical analysis of this product shows many more compounds including various beneficial bacteria and natural plant hormones that help plants access nutrients that might otherwise be "locked up" or unavailable. Cannazyme I believe helps bacteria consume old and decaying roots in the medium - this I'll have to research more. What is EC = Electroconductivity an indication of the strength of a nutrient solution as measured by ac EC meter e.g. Bluelab Truncheon. Ideally when mixing up a nutrient batch you should measure the EC of the tap water then add that on top of the mix you are making. For instance my tap water has an EC of 0.2 if I want to make a nutrient mix to end at say 1.6 I make up enough nutes to equal 1.8. When I flush my pots (I am running to waste not recycling) I will adjust the pH of plain tap water (check EC always is 0.2) then pour a couple of litres through each pot and measure the EC of the runoff. It usually goes like this (1)first 2 litre flush EC =1.4 -1.6. 2nd 2 litres of plain water EC 1.0 - 1.2 and the third usually gets it close to what I want 0.4 - 0.6. I have been also mixing in 2 teaspoons of Molasses per 15 litre mix when I make up a nutrient mix which will increase your EC as it contains some sodium but not by much. My young plants in early veg. seem to get a kick after flushing really standing up happily. This is all a bit of a learning experience for myself as well and the wealth of knowledge and experience of members of forums like this one are my guide mostly above companies spruiking their product. I will however be using the CANNA PK when it comes to flowering as those nutrients are vital and feedback from forum members suggest that the A & B and the Canna PK be the barest minimum used. I hope this helps and would like some feedback on my method from others if they feel inclined. Cheers Pat.

Cheers for all your help mate, its appreciated.

the reason for using plain water every third feeding is to help the salt buildup
people who use stuff like supersoil don't add nutes, nutes will leave trace salts
which will buildup and can cause you issues
watering every 3rd feeding with plain water helps keep it in check
kinda like flushing as you go

the reason for using plain water every third feeding is to help the salt buildup
people who use stuff like supersoil don't add nutes, nutes will leave trace salts

Thanks for all your help and time chronichempdog, uv got my vote too mate.

man i use canna coco you sod use about 3ml l a,b 2ml boost 0.5mlriz 2.5 zym man check out ther scedule( normal feading ) my frend has great results 900g 8 or 10 plants under a 600w 1.5x1.5cm his frs indor grow the strain was auto northern lights rqs iam growing them right now but im not im not using the scedule

man i use canna coco you sod use about 3ml l a,b 2ml boost 0.5mlriz 2.5 zym man check out ther scedule( normal feading ) my frend has great results 900g 8 or 10 plants under a 600w 1.5x1.5cm his frs indor grow the strain was auto northern lights rqs iam growing them right now but im not im not using the scedule

Thanks for your help "think difrent ", Allways thought i was using too much. im also using 600hps. Thanks for your help.

In coco don't you feed daily? This is flushing daily with 25% runoff.

Hi mate I've used canna for years and had this problem when I started.
Seems to me like your problem could be to much neut in your coco you are not feeding enough. If your coco is still wet after 4 days then your pots are to big for your plant or you don't have enough clay balls for drainage. You should be feeding your plant every day at later stages of veg and definitely in flower, use canna grow chart it's pretty good I always go lower then recommend at start except with rhizotonic I give that the recommended amount. Every feed should have run off and you should be checking your run off every week to make sure the soil is at the right ec and ph if it as raised to much (which it 100% will) half your neuts ph as normal and flush until the run off is the same as what ur putting in (I do this every 2 weeks no matter what) your problem is now that your soil is at a different ec and ph to what your feeding. Never put straight water threw your coco never u need to set the balance of the coco so if the neut build up as caused neut burn put in quarter of the neuts ph at your normal ph and flush until it comes out at that ph and ec. Trust me this 100% works with coco remember coco is what You make it and not like organic soil growing. You need to make your coco the balance you want look at for calcium deviancy with coco and usecanna cal mag accordingly. Good luck and if u need any advice gise a shout I'm new hear and canna is the only thing I really know about lol
Ps your roots might of took a hammering sat in that for to long use some cannazym will sort it out

Thanks for replying Cronichemphog,

Sorry if i wasnt a bit clearer on the details,
I feed it every 4 or 5 days or when the soil is really dry. Imagine an empty 2 litre bottle(like a big empty coca cola bottle), in that i put 8ml of canna coco A+B, 2ml canna boost and 2ml canna pk 13/14, then its filled with water. the plant pot is then normally well saturated with just one 2 litre bottle of water + the feed thats in it.
Hope thats a bit more well explained mate.

Dude you should never mix a and b together directly only add them to water. That's why there in different bottles your ment to add them to water not add water to them. Google cannabfood chart and go from there

Back
Top Bottom