Canna Reiki

BTzGrow

There are those who feel their plants respond positively to music. Those who feel that talking to their plants and even touching produces happy vibes that help the plant grow better. I'm sure there are those who put talismans in or around their plants to ward of negative energy and or retain a shield of positive energy. Who is to say what works or not, it's really up to individual beliefs and feelings. At the very least perhaps these ideas and methods make the Gardner happy for sure.

Enter Reiki

What is Reiki: The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." (Now I don't want to get into any discussions with regards to God or Higher Power. Let's just go with the AA approach of what ever your higher power is.) Going forward - Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery. Could it be used to other life? Perhaps!

Traditional Reiki practitioners feel it isn't something that is taught, but more like bestowed or the word used is attuned. An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an "attunement" given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve one's health and enhance the quality of life. This is where I depart from traditional belief and receive scorn from those who are more "Traditional" Many approach Reiki it what I consider a more dogmatic form and some actually rely upon that mystery to generate income as a vocation.

In my opinion it places a barrier between everyday people and being able to practice freely. Enough background, lets go forward to what we are here for. For those who want a deeper understanding and wish to read further on Reiki this should do the trick for you. The International Center for Reiki Training

The first step of accepting Reiki is to be able to quiet our mind. Focus on some form of Meditation or other practice that works for you to make this happen. The second step is to accept you have the ability to receive universal energy. Funny thing is you are already doing that, you just need to accept it as a fact of happening. Finally, you have to allow that to happen with your mind, and believe/feel that you are filled with that energy.

In my belief system, the fact that I share the knowledge of Reiki and bestow the symbols, is all the attunement needed to align and engage a student of Reiki. BTW, I consider even the most seasoned Reiki practitioner/teacher to be students of Reiki.

An active commitment to improve oneself in order for it to be a complete system. The ideals are both guidelines for living a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent value.

The Founder of Reiki imparted the following statement.

The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao

So start your meditation by repeating the following:

When you feel you are ready, continue your meditation by turning on your Reiki consciousness.
Many use a point of reference to turn on their abilities. We can start with the the First Symbol of Power.
full

Though not required, initially it may be necessary to either repeat the name Cho-Ku-Rei or draw the symbol in your mind. Many will do both. What ever works for you.

Once you feel you have achieved your goal, you are free to begin to use your "turned on" Reiki energy.

A major part of Reiki is using a tool to convey the energy outwardly. Typically it is accepted that the hands are that tool. Consider when you have the energy flowing it is coming into your being through what many call the Crown Chakra. Using the Hands we can focus the Reiki onto ourselves as well as others. There are an entire set of accepted "hand positions" in Reiki practice. Once again, I feel you have the freedom to use them only or create your own. That really pisses some people off, when I don't use only the accepted practice. I smile! Then repeat the mantra - internally.

You see - You just smiled and felt happiness. Didn't you? This is the perfect conflict resolution process, for within and outwardly.

Before you can use Reiki on others and on your special plant you will need to make sure you have worked on beginning to heal yourself first.

After you have meditated and made quiet your mind and turned on your Reiki with the Mantra and Cho-Ku-Rei you will be ready to begin.

So lets start off traditionally, and place your hands together and bring them vertically to in front of your heart. Hold that position until you start to feel charged up so to speak. We will call that the "Prayer Position". We can also call it the "Charging Position" if you prefer not to use the idea of Prayer. I personally consider Prayer to be a form of self affirmation, and not empowering another entity. Initially as you learn your Reiki you will want to return to the Prayer Position and meditate for a moment to recharge. As you become more in tune with your abilities, recharging in the prayer position is not always required.

Now, move your hands up to your face and cover your eyes with your palms with your fingers pointing straight up. Hold until you feel inclined to return to the Prayer Position. Some feel a warmth in someway during a transfer of energy. If you feel that a healing transfer wasn't completed, return to the Prayer Position - recharge and repeat. That's it Rinse and Repeat like many things in life.

Continue to repeat that cycle as you move your hands to other positions. I normally move through a series that basically follows the 7 Chakras of the body. You can go here for a better understanding of the Chakras if you don't already know.
The Complete Guide To The 7 Chakras - For Beginners You don't need to get too caught up in the ritual of Chakras unless you really want to indulge yourself there. It's not required as a part of Reiki. No where in the teachings of Usui was there ever any mention of Chakras. Once again, if someone tells you differently - Smile and Repeat the Mantra.

Next place the hand across the forehead with fingers pointing in opposite direction.
So lets go to placing the hands on either side of the head over the ears next.
Now to one hand in front of the forehead and the other behind the head. Each time you have space between your hands consider you are pushing energy between them and anything in the middle is receiving that focused energy.
Continue down from there to over your Throat Chakra. Here you can place your hands across each other in front of your throat. This focuses a double power of energy into your voice of truth and clarity. Some actually will hum or chant a mantra of intent at this point. Kind of like tuning up a guitar.

At this point we will move to the Heart Chakra. When your heart chakra is balanced, you are able to equally feel love for yourself and others. Even when tough things happen, you can still see the compassion and kindness in others.

At this point we have been looking to balance and tune ourselves to use Reiki most effectively. I would consider going on to the remaining Chakra's personally especially as you become aware of the experience.

Next up, Using Reiki most specifically our special plant. I know that's why you are here so we will get you started on that ASAP. I will also be going back and reviewing some things a bit further in depth. Such as symbols and their implied meanings. I will most likely also spend a separate post just on Chakra's with regard to answering some healing ideas. Later on I will address Reiki level 2. It's really only about distance healing. It's really not required initially when close to your subject. For the most part Reiki Level One is all most people ever need. Some get tied up in the concept of advancement. Not needed or required. A level one Reiki practitioner can deliever just as powerful a healing session as a Reiki Master. At this point I will simply smile and repeat the mantra.

I shower them with love. :battingeyelashes:

Fascinating! I read all that and giggled my way through it BT. You're tuning the vibrations of the cells back to a homeostatic tone. You describe the me that grew out of deliberate waking. Judgement was the first thing to begin to drop away.

I periodically include a chakra clearing in a meditation, just to make me feel better about watching over my own energy flow. And I have my own adaptation of that prayer:

Today, wherever I am, whomever I'm with, and whatever I'm doing it's my intention to see only that which pleases me. Of course, you understand that as you commit yourself to that type of prayer, before you know it everything pleases you. Lol!

I love learning. :slide: You'll have to show me how you do that self-healing sequence. How neat that in a couple days you'll be able to do just that in person. :battingeyelashes:

Today, wherever I am, whomever I'm with, and whatever I'm doing it's my intention to see only that which pleases me. Of course, you understand that as you commit yourself to that type of prayer, before you know it everything pleases you. Lol!
:battingeyelashes:

Perfect! In my interpretation of Reiki (and yes it's Ok for everyone to have their own interpretation) your is completely in line with Usui's. We each have our own way of turning on our energy.

Actually, I already knew this of you. In Reiki we can ask permissions of a person we want to be in contact with. Once approved, distant Reiki can be performed. In my form of Reiki, it is not a one way trip but rather a two way communication and sometimes round trip. So we have already been in contact/communication. But, you already knew that. We all do this, just need to recognize it.

I did know that. :battingeyelashes:

Hahaha! Smile and repeat the mantra. :rofl:

Oh...gee, thanks :passitleft:

Ok, back on track in the Growers Lounge. The Mantra Works.

I will remind everyone coming in that this is a thread about "Alternative Growing & Healing of our Cannabis through Energy". I will be monitoring to make sure that we don't drift off topic too much.

Now that the basics of Reiki are explained, it's time to move on to sharing that energy with our Green Friends.

I personally start off before any healing/energy session establishing intent. It's also important with your subject to ask permissions to perform the energy work. In quiet meditation, center and ground yourself and then just simply ask. In actual Reiki sessions on people, I just ask them directly out loud. You could also do the same with your special Green Friend. "Is it Ok to perform Energy Work with (This Plant/Individual/Name). Initially it may take a while to feel it's Ok. Don't expect a voice from above, it will be more a feeling of acceptance.

Once past the point of permissions, it's time to start sharing the energy. With people we use hand positions. On a plant we will do the same. I start with placing my hands on either side of the container and intent grounding. With that I envision connecting the base of the plant with the ground/World. You might move around the container and apply from several points. After all the roots are very important for the intake and exhaust of the nutrients for the plant.

Next, Move up to the trunk. Once again place hands on either side and cup the trunk. Envision a transportation highway clear of obstructions. You can move one of your hands back to the container and envision energy moving from the soil/media into the roots to the trunk. Much like acupuncture imagine a water hose free of kinks or knots and clear for full flow.

The next part becomes more freelance as you may spend as much time as you feel is needed empowering the colas or branches to grow, bulkup fill with goodness and certainly develop Trichomes. What ever stage your plant is in customize your intent for what you desire it to have. There is nothing to say you can't sweep you hands slowly up and down on either side and around your bush.

Finally, we come to the top of the plant and here I hold my hands beside each other facing palm down and pour energy down onto the plant like a gentle loving rain.

During each step you may feel the desire to recharge by placing your hands back into the Prayer/Charging position in front of your heart. Seasoned Reiki practitioners rare need to recharge as with experience the energy flows from a faucet they turn on. That can be a goal for the future.

Enough for now. I have touched on the basics. Practice and add thoughts you feel would be fitting with your your style of energy and desires or beliefs of what will help your grow. Sharing here might be helpful to others grow with their experience also. Remember there are really no rules in Reiki. Just Smile and Repeat the Mantra.:Namaste:

Down line we will address music and other forms of vibraton for your green friend. Much further down the line will be an exciting process I have developed that certainly flies in the face of traditional Reiki. Receiving and Sensing energy from your subject. Actually sense what is happening good or in dis-ease that needs to be corrected. Also a part of that is being able to ask more questions to assist in your sharing.

Back
Top Bottom