Canna terra pro plus soil what pH?

DrTentgrow

Hello does anybody else here use canna terra pro plus soil if so i was wondering what pH people are watering it with im watering it with a pH of 5.2-5.5 my run off is 5.8-6.0 and when i use my soil pH tester it reads 6.7-7.0 its a cheap probe type pH meter and i don't know if i trust it or not. (the run off is tested with a expensive electric pH meter)

This thread has information regarding pH levels for your "soil".

I think the main problem with the cheap probe type pH meters is that they break easily. That is, the wiring that connects the meter to the probe breaks easily from the constant pressure of inserting them into the soil.

I've had one that appeared to work well, then became very inaccurate. I replaced it with a cheap digital pH meter (the yellow one) but I'm not sure how reliable they are. It appears to be accurate.

I'm going to get a Bluelabs pH meter next. I'll be able to test how accurate the cheap one is with that.

Hi. I imagine you've solved your problem, but FYI. I use Canna Terra Pro Plus. Adjust your water to PH 5.8 seedling going up to PH 6.2 in flowering. Those are the ranges that make your nutrients accessible to your plants. I don't worry about measuring run off etc. As for meters I buy 2 cheapo LED ones (Semlos in the UK) and some litmus paper for back up. I figure that if both meters agree, its probably right.

Back
Top Bottom