Canna Terra Professional: Have you used it and what have you found?

KiwiGunja

420 Member
Hi there so i have been growing for the last 5 years mainly in a mix of 70% coco and 30% perlite and the full Canadian Xpress nutrient range with pretty good success. How ever recently desided to try the Canna Terra Professional mix out. So far all is going well it has a small amount of nutrient in the mix to start with ( around 550ppm) tested run off and ph is at 6.0 so i have just been giving water for the first few weeks in veg and all seems healthy and a good rate of growth. Just mainly looking to see how other people are feeding ect in this medium pros and cons and with what results. cheers

I use it. I like it. It’s very airy and creates a big rootball. You should be watering between 5.8 - 6.2 PH after mixing nutes depending on stage of growth. You will need to add more medium as the plant grows, because it binds and compresses it. When I pull apart the medium after the grow it looks like a huge piece of rope. One of my grows was infested with fungus gnats, which I am sure were in the bag. I’ve also read that complaint from others. I dosed with nematodes before I started the last grow. Zero gnats.

I also use their nute range. The only non-canna nute I buy is CalMag. I’ve got a couple of grow journals with it that you can look up. Any question, please ask. I’m happy to help.

thanks do you find you have to mix nuts at a lower dose to keep the ppm down. also do you run to waste when you feed? i like to achieve 30% run off when feeding. i used canna nuts many moons ago and found they were just expensive i can get the whole Canadian Xpress range and a bottle of flairforms cmx for calmag for less than half the price of cannas range and tbh i have found the Canadian Xpress to give better results.

I was told by @Calvados to try it, iv now transplanted into it and the results are great!

Very rapid growth, im feeding very minimalist nutes at the moment, just a little Fish Mix & another side line thats mixed light, perfect :).

thanks do you find you have to mix nuts at a lower dose to keep the ppm down. also do you run to waste when you feed? i like to achieve 30% run off when feeding. i used canna nuts many moons ago and found they were just expensive i can get the whole Canadian Xpress range and a bottle of flairforms cmx for calmag for less than half the price of cannas range and tbh i have found the Canadian Xpress to give better results.

I’ve never measured the PPM, so can’t help you there. Ignorance is bliss in my case. I water with about 10% run off. It takes a lot longer to water as you get into flowering, because the roots are really dense. You need patience. I agree about the cost of the nutes. I’m not a big grower, so relatively speaking it doesn’t matter (comparing the cost of buying to growing). I live in the UK, so I’m not familiar with the range you are talking about. If I was convinced that I would get the same results, I would use something cheaper. Again, I’ll do one or two grows in a year, so I’m way more concerned that it turns out good than I am about incremental costs.

I start off the nutes at half strength and pretty rapidly get to full strength. If I notice burn, I cut back. I’ve only had 3 grows. The first one was a miracle that anything survived. The second one I had an infestation of gnats. The last one I left the lights on for a few days a couple of weeks into flower and had powdery mildew very late in flower. I dealt with all the issues and hopefully learned from them. I’ll probably grow again in the fall. I’m looking forward to a grow that I don’t screw something up in a big way.

Back
Top Bottom