Cannabelle's Kapakahi 420 Companion Triad Grow

what storm its damn hot today no wind suppose to rain but I haven't seen any

LOL. I don't live in Hawaii. I'm half Hawaiian living on the mainland. My relatives live on the islands of Maui and Oahu. I'm working with homeless veterans and peer support mental health groups. It's storming in my area.

You can take the girl out of Hawaii, but you can't take Hawaii out of this girl.

Hugs :hug:

Mahalo, Cannabelle. Hope the weather is being more cooperative.

LOL. I don't live in Hawaii. I'm half Hawaiian living on the mainland. My relatives live on the islands of Maui and Oahu. I'm working with homeless veterans and peer support mental health groups. It's storming in my area.

You can take the girl out of Hawaii, but you can't take Hawaii out of this girl.

Hugs :hug:

no argument there :circle-of-love:

I set up three cups in preparation for seed planting tomorrow or Sunday (dependent on the seeds, of course) and I have to tell you how impressed I am with the cup conversion. Drains like a dream. Wonderful idea Cannabelle. Was this your idea or did someone pass it on to you? Brilliant either way. It solved one of my biggest concerns about using solo cups.

:hug: You're a wonderful adopted sister. :love:

I set up three cups in preparation for seed planting tomorrow or Sunday (dependent on the seeds, of course) and I have to tell you how impressed I am with the cup conversion. Drains like a dream. Wonderful idea Cannabelle. Was this your idea or did someone pass it on to you? Brilliant either way. It solved one of my biggest concerns about using solo cups.

:hug: You're a wonderful adopted sister. :love:

Hugs my lovely sister Sue:love:

I didn't like the way my old easy sprouter drained. Not enough air circulation. The lack of air circulation in a humid region equals a healthy environment for mold. So I applied a bonsai hack to a solo cup to improve air circulation. The bonsai hack is simply using a mesh screen to cover large drainage holes. As a sprouter, my sprouts grew faster and fatter roots than the easy sprouter. It occurred to me, the solo sprouter would make an awesome grow pot for my all my horticulture specimens. Except for the ficus and Beaucarnea recurvata, whose roots grow too massive too fast.

I'm almost caught up with getting my grow photos up. I'm only 10 days behind. Now to write about what I'm doing in the photos I just uploaded. I've had to rewrite this post several times. My dyslexia is kicking-in in tonight. I keep flipping letters, words, sentence structure and swapping words that sound alike. While dyslexia can be frustrating, it forces me to to think outside the box, to be more creative and to approach my silly mistakes with a whacky sense of humor.
:goof:

My darling daughter, on top of being challenged with a debilitating anxiety disorder, is also blessed with the thrill of dyslexia. :laughtwo: We have a well-developed sense of humor in our family. It was laugh about it or go completely nuts. Laughing sounded like more fun, so we went with that. :rofl:

I feel for you. Take all the time you need. :love:

:cheer:And now for a green PSA on Triad Symbiosis:cheer:
cannabbispsamd.png

cannabissymbiosis1.png

My triad of symbiotic partnerships with cannabis, alliums and glomus spp. is simply a process of building flourishing business partnerships.

cannabispartners.png

Meet the business partners:
Product Partner: Cannabis spp.
Allelopathic Partner: Alliums fistulosum/Onion
Silent Partner: Glomus spp.​

Product Partner: Cannabis spp.
The product partner supplies energy in the form of carbohydrates to the silent partner, Glomus spp. The product partner is actually the weakest partner as both allelopathic and silent partners will thrive just fine without the product partner. However, the product partner is what brings all partners together because its medical product is high valued by human consumers. Since the product partner provides the infrastructure for the corporation, both allelopathic and silent partners will continue to encourage the survival of the product partner even after the product has been harvested as can bee seen in the following photo:
alliumfhealth.png

One month after chopping down a Blue Blood cannabis, the onion leaves return to a vibrant blue green
color and begins to clone itself by shedding its tough leathery sheath and splitting into clumps while
the Glomus spp. and onions continue to stimulate the cannabis stump to grow vertically.

From BEGINNING -> to PROGRESS -> to continued SUCCESS even when the product is cut down!
:allgood:

Allelopathic Partner: Alliums fistulosum/Onion
The allelopathic partner provides back-up energy resources to the silent partner as well as chemical stimulants to both product and silent partners to elevate vertical and horizontal growth initiatives as needed. The allelopathic partner also wages chemical warfare against harmful fungal agents not associated with the Glomus spp. silent partner. The allelopathic partner appears to be the silent partner's best buddy. Legumes, alfalfa and amaranth refuse to have anything to do with alliums while tomatoes and roses find alliums splendid company. The allelopathic partner is more of a mom to the product partner. She will sacrifice her needs in times of drought and low nutrient availabilty to ensure that the product partner survives. She does not compete with the product partner.

Silent Partner: Glomus spp.
The silent partner is an entity that you and I don't see. This partner operates solely in the basement or root zone of the business corporation. Without this partner, both product and allelopathic partners will struggle processing available nutrients within the basement of the corporate facility. The silent partner is like a ninja secretarial pool which collates and processes minerals and nutrients for it's leafy partners in the deep recesses of the basement. These clever basement ninja secretaries will also release enzymes which erode the coats of non-partner fungi. The silent partners also release chemicals which help both leafy partners tolerate drought and heat better and stimulate their vertical growth.

:green_heart:

Outside in the field, the silent partner will venture beyond the deep recesses of the basement where the leafy partners roots dare not grow. Since cannabis roots will absorb heavy metals and toxic chemicals with the help of its silent partner, hemp and Glomus spp. is utilized by nations in Asia and Europe to cleanse and reclaim land contaminated by industrial waste and mining.
:yahoo:

You are so much fun. :laughtwo:

Sitting here trying to turn this over in my head enough times to boil my general confusion down into a coherent question or two. Might not be possible since I know it's hard to take shortcuts. I don't have time to go to growing school - just the 420 version.
I guess my main question of the moment is- how do you know it's working? You can't normally see this little mycorrhizal fungus you have in there as the silent partner. Is there any definite indication as to the presence of Glomus spp? Is it always/reliably present with the onions? If it wasn't would it be obvious? Is it a practice of following the path of tried and true growing practice/wisdom on faith, and not worrying about too much about what you can and cannot see?

Sitting here trying to turn this over in my head enough times to boil my general confusion down into a coherent question or two. Might not be possible since I know it's hard to take shortcuts. I don't have time to go to growing school - just the 420 version.
I guess my main question of the moment is- how do you know it's working? You can't normally see this little mycorrhizal fungus you have in there as the silent partner. Is there any definite indication as to the presence of Glomus spp? Is it always/reliably present with the onions? If it wasn't would it be obvious? Is it a practice of following the path of tried and true growing practice/wisdom on faith, and not worrying about too much about what you can and cannot see?

Hugs, Weaselcracker:love:

The onions (Allium fistulosum) are heavily dependent on Glomus spp. The onions will grow without Glomus spp., but will not grow well or thrive. This is related to the structure of an onion roots which are just straight with no branching. Additionally, the onions cannot process phosphorus very well without Glomus spp. Try neglecting phosphorus in any plant.

In Asia, this onion is grown commercially with Glomus spp. If you grow this onion without Glomus spp., your crop will not have much market value. Bear in mind, Allium fistulosum is pretty much a staple vegetable and medicinal plant in Asia. It is a necessary ingredient in most Japanese, Chinese and Korean entrees and soups.

I'm not sure about faith, but Asian agriculture business and science has supported the onion-glomus partnership for several decades as scientific fact. This is not new knowledge. Asia knows how to grow this onion.

There are as many ways to grow cannabis as there are many different nute brands and formulas. Stick to what you are familiar with because that is what makes you happy. My way works for me and this is the way I roll. I only seek to share. I am truly sorry that my grow methods and writing style have caused you any confusion. Please bear in mind, that other people maybe interested in what and how I share.

As for paths, one of my favorite Zen masters, Ikkyu Shojun once wrote:

Many paths lead to the top of the mountain,
But at its peak, we all share the same bright moon.
:Namaste:

Thanks so much- I was hoping there'd be a clear answer like this And don't worry about me for a second. You're not personally causing me any confusion Sometimes my sense of humor is just a bit weird and when I said some of your writing was destined to make my head hurt... Well, take it as a compliment! I meant hurt in a healthy way. I like thinking and learning stuff.
In living a fairly self sufficient rural lifestyle a person learns a lot of things- but it's hard to have enough time to build a knowledge base that's as deep as it is wide. A person ends up being jack of all trades, master of none. So if anything bothers me at all it's just that I don't have enough time in the day/month/year to sit and focus on the things I want to learn more deeply and I'm just a bit jealous when I bump into people more expert than me which happens every day of course. :) I wish I had time for everything.
I start with Sunshine mix. Pretty sterile stuff- sort of like the Wonder Bread of soils. I inoculate this peat moss mix with some commercial powdered mycorrhizal fungi mix- containing Glomus spp of course, or at least claiming to- along with a bunch of other fungi which may or may not live, thrive with the others, or even exist in the first place. Also I brew up various beneficial teas and kinda dump them in there. I'm sure my plants are happier all the time as I learn more tricks, but I have almost no idea what is actually happening in the among the roots of the plants. I have no real way of knowing if these fungi are alive down there or ever were. The huge gaps in my knowledge of what I'm actually doing bother me so I'm always fishing around for ways to shed light on these invisible processes.
This relationship with the onions sounds very clear. It seems like a great way to indirectly see that beneficial fungi, which can't usually be seen. Thanks Cannabelle!

I need to research more but almost by accident I started growing my wife some greens for cooking along side my cannabis. This ended up paying off as I have no pests in my grow closet. I have seen traces of pests but this seems to happen in small spurts as if they are driven off. Research shows the garlic and rosemary to be the most likely contributors. My question is what if I grow them with my cannabis? Garlic itself takes 8 months so I'm curious if off the top of your head, what would happen if I grew it in a 7 gal pot with an empty 3 gal in the center for later transfer of the cannabis? Would growing greens in the ring of soil months before transferring the cannabis to the center of the pot (after I pull the empty 3 gal leaving a hole) have any benefit to the soil, cannabis or the greens?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom