Cannabis 1's DIY DWC & RDWC

Either way, there is flow in the containers. Im not worried about disrupting the flow with the root mass. I dunno, I get having the pipes inline, but number one, it adds more length to the entire system, and number 2, The water just flows straight under the root mass from one pipe to the other. I dont see how thats any better or worse than mine. At least with the pipes being off set, it FORCES the water to circulate in and around the roots. Well, I guess this will be at minimum, 1 thing we did differently.

The 1 inch uni seal on the back of the res is where my chiller pump cord and my thermometer can enter. Its missing the pipe in there until I get the system in place for use.

Well, screw amazon then!!! Just gotta wait on your delivery now.....

And yes, A third light will fit in there comfortably. But I will most likely be adding some leds, not another MH or HPS

I think 10 inch pots will work great brother! Cant wait to see the system all ready to go!!

Thanks for joining me!

Hey C1.. just dropped another ridiculous amount of money on my grow haha

I now have everything (minus the uniseals) to make the system. This thing is going to be badass man. Our systems will be the same concept just a few minor details will be different.

I have my RDWC system set up in a 4x4 footprint so that i can add 2 more RDWC's to the system in the big tent.

I am going to dry fit it all tonight and take some pics!

Awesome!! What are you going to do about the yellow tops? I love the fact we can rip them apart and rearrange at any time. I think what I am going to do is make a smaller system with 14 gallon containers to start, and veg the ladies in for the first month or so. Then Take them out and hook up the monster. All I need is another container and 2 unions and I can do it. Maybe after this grow........

Ok guys, here is the system all hooked up minus the chiller. I gotta tell ya, Im not to impressed by the General Hydroponics Dual Diaphragm air pump. I have 8, 2x4 cylindrical air stones hooked up to it. The container closest to the pump is fine, but the other that is a foot farther away, is not getting the air flow Im looking for. Now I think Im going to order another pump and dedicate each to its own container.....
20140912_233205.jpg
20140912_233319.jpg

I'm loving my GH Dual diaphragm air pump.

Dont rely on it too heavily tho, once you start adding splitters and T's to your airlines, the air pressure goes down per airstone.

Nonetheless, it pumps out a ridiculous amount of air.. just cause it doesn't look like a jacuzzi, doesn't mean it isn't doing its job!!

Cannabis 1, are all you airlines the same length? I recently saw a video where the guy said they should be. As for currents, you need to keep an eye on or prevent roots going down the pipes as mine did. It really slows the return back to the res. It caused my buckets to overflow as the return water was getting slowed by the roots.

A good set-up my friend. I'm looking forward to your grow.

I saw a video that also stated the same thing about keeping the air lines the same length. For my set up, the air pump needs to go to one side or other of the res. So no matter where I put it, one side will be closer and one farther from their containers.

I think I am also going to install my NGW screens above the water line in my containers and use them to drain the water incase of an overflow.

I saw a video that also stated the same thing about keeping the air lines the same length. For my set up, the air pump needs to go to one side or other of the res. So no matter where I put it, one side will be closer and one farther from their containers.

I think I am also going to install my NGW screens above the water line in my containers and use them to drain the water incase of an overflow.

Just in case, I put my pump on a timer of 15 mins on then 15 mins off for the full 24 hours to allow water to flow back slowly. It has been fine on this schedule. I did pull out roots about a foot long from the pipe on the right side bucket.

Heres my suggestion.

2 airstones in the control res and 1 airstone in each RDWC.

This way you aren't adding more stones to the pump, reducing the amount of air each airstone can put out. This way you dont have to buy a second pump for the system.

Or, simply 2 airstones in each RDWC and just let the waterfall return aerate the water in the control res. Unless you wanna go and drop another $75 for an airpump for this system that already cost a bit to put together (at least my system cost a couple hundred all said and done minus things i already had.) Save that $75+ and put it towards a new light!

They could still be the same length, but the shorter side could be wound up.

I do think an extra pump would also be nice tho. :)

Good point toker, I think thats what Ill do. The easiest way.....

Heres my suggestion.

2 airstones in the control res and 1 airstone in each RDWC.

This way you aren't adding more stones to the pump, reducing the amount of air each airstone can put out. This way you dont have to buy a second pump for the system.

Or, simply 2 airstones in each RDWC and just let the waterfall return aerate the water in the control res. Unless you wanna go and drop another $75 for an airpump for this system that already cost a bit to put together (at least my system cost a couple hundred all said and done minus things i already had.) Save that $75+ and put it towards a new light!

Thats a good point also GT. Im not worried about putting any stones into the res. With the Mag drive pumping 700 GPH, it aerates the res just fine. I really dont want to get another pump, so either Ill take tokers suggestion, or just use one of the smaller air pumps I have laying around

Well if you dont plan on aerating the control res, then just throw two of those 4" cylindrical airstones in each RDWC and let her loose!!
The GH air pump deserves a bit more credit that you are giving it. I can say its more than adequate for these RDWC's we are building. Hell i'm just using it to make teas right now and the bubbles it puts out is amazing its like a thick foam! Activates the microbes excellent!

I'm taking a couple days off from building as the Landlord is coming by to fix our garburator in our sink and replace the faucet later tonight, so i have to clean the place up and have it ready for him to come by haha

The mag drive pump will move all the water around for sure and like i said, the waterfall return will keep DO levels in the control res high as well.

In a day or two i will finish the building of my RDWC, and on wednesday, my uniseals will be here!

btw.. that vaporizer i bought (Arizer extreme Q), i think i mentioned it on my journal..... Damn! its awesome!! if you got a spare $175-250 depeding where you look, you should pick one up!! its a quality device!

Ill make due with the pumps I have. I think that its the extra air line length thats screwing me up. Ill fix that once I get the system into the tent.

You better get cleaned up and make sure the doors are locked to the grow room brother! Keep an eye on his nose. If it starts to flare, you better have a good excuse....

Can't wait to see yours in action!! What kind of Vap was it? Where is it from?

Here is a small update. I took a few pics of the soil ladies yesterday. I actually did a light Defo on the Hawaiian Skunk. I gotta tell ya guys. That Cannabis has the most spicy smell I have ever come across. Its like a cross of black pepper and hot peppers. I cant wait to taste it. I will most likely harvest them the first or second week of October..
20140914_155456.jpg

Here is the other Unknown. Its pistils have turned red again! Actually, more like hot pink! Reminds me of some Jamaican bud I used to get...
20140914_155420.jpg
20140914_155354.jpg
20140914_155413.jpg

That unknown is gorgeous buddy!!

landlord came and everything was all good.. We have the district manager guy coming today to replace the faucet in my kitchen sink and possibly fix something else, then he is outta here!! will just have my Landlord come back later in the week or next week with a replacement garburator for us!! I'm getting tired of food scraps going into my garbage stinking up the bin... Thats why i have the damn garburator!!

And the Vape... read my post buddy!!! i stated it like right at the beginning of the sentence hahah

Its the Arizer Extreme Q digital vaporizer. Got it off BC Vapor Dot Com for $229 tax included, free shipping, free smelly proof bags and free grinder delivered to my door... i mean the post office cause the postal guy was too lazy to call the phone numbver provided to let me know he was there!! so i had to pick up from post office the next day. No big deal!

BTW i'm still short one 2' uniseal and a uniseal for the return feed. Problem is, i cant find a 1/2" uniseal on Scamazon.. i found a place that has a shit load of uniseals available, but it seems they dont ship to canada... Fuck!! so i will have to compromise and get a 1" uniseal for the return and just get a 1/2" to 1" adapter for the return. Gona put it all together tomorrow or the next day.. Might even run my 2 remaining widow clones that i have in VEG in that System for a flowering run and see how she fairs.

I did read your comment. I get to caught up in answers and updates, I usually forget what I read lol! DAMN thats expensive. I used to have a small one and it worked great. Im a water kinda guy. Bongs and bubblers......

I have a few 1/2 uni seals laying around. If ya need pm me and Ill send it up to ya.

Thanks for the likes guys. That bud has the craziest color I have ever seen. Doesn't look like its going to produce much, but I'll take what she gives me....

And the Hawaiian is the stinkiest!!! They were from the free seeds I got. Hopefully the male that was next to it pollinated her some. I haven't seen any seeds, so I'm not sure. I guess we will find out at harvest..

That sounds good GT. Might as well put the new system to use. Are the widow clones in the big net cups or small? I almost made the dumb mistake of starting my ladies in small cups. Once their roots emerge, its almost impossible to get them into bigger nets without damaging the roots.

Back
Top Bottom