Cannabis and the cold

Cmitch55

Alright :420: I need your help once again(can someone say noob!). Anyways I have a few girls growing outdoors and my temperatures worry me. Now I have no way to bring the girls inside so they must remain outside as long as possible. I live in New England and currently our day time temps are anywhere from 55-70 but my nighttime temps are around 45-60. Now I've heard that lower temps can bring out the colors of cannabis but I've also heard that the cold will kill them if left in it to long...will it have enough warmth from the day temps to withstand the colder nights?
thanks for the help
~Cmitch

I also live in New England and once the weekend passes the nights will get warmer. I think they will pull through. You can give em' some silica blast and that will buy them a lil extra time in the cold, but the salesperson I got mine from said that it can effect taste.

Hey Cmitch! :)

You should be OK as long as you don't get a frost or a freeze. I grow up in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California at 5000 feet (very near Yosemite National Park)

Our overnights up here are already into the mid 40s and have been for a few weeks now. As long as the plants don't get frost bit, they can stand as low as the high 30s.

I grow primarily NorCal Indicas like Grand Daddy Purple, Blueberry and Blueberry Kush, Purple Urkle, and Northern Lights. These all love low overnights at the end of flowering and as you mentioned, the purple strains need these temps to make their famous color change to a deep dark purple black hue.

So... Keep an eye on the forecast and if frost is mentioned, cover those plants if possible or else they're done for. As long as things stay frost free your girls should do fine for at least another 2-3 weeks.

I plan to have all my outdoor grows chopped and hanging by the third week of October, right before we get our first frost of the fall season. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Hi, stupid weather report said low of 46, it was 34 this am and frosted, none of the girls are ready, what should I do, sun is almost on them, help!! knit sweaters???

Back
Top Bottom