Cannabis & Coffee Pairings

budexpressnow

420 Member
if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your cannabis, get your coffee maker out. The aromas and effects of each compliment each other beautifully when paired properly. Many cannabis lounges around the world are referred to as “coffee lounges”. Partly to keep the pot use under the radar, and most definitely because they are so good together. You can consider pairings either by effect or flavour. Use this guide to find the best strain and bean combination for you.

christiana-rivers-466086-unsplash-1-1170x550.jpg

Pairing by Flavour

Marijuana strains can get their aroma and flavor in a variety of different ways. The growth climate, the stage of harvesting and flushing and curing methods all effect and determine the scent and taste. A premium pairing with coffee then, should accentuate the natural flavours in the weed or complement them. Blueberry Diesel is a balanced hybrid that makes for a very uplifting yet relaxing high. This bud, or any other strain with prominent berry notes pair wonderfully with Kenyan, Haitian, Yemeni and Jamaican coffee strains. The Chocolope has a very earthy taste and a delicious smoke. As the name suggests, it has prominent chocolate notes that are often described as coffee like. Pair this strain with a cup of Brunca from Costa Rica to enhance the deep coffee flavours. Also, this weed is very calming and will counteract any caffeine jitters.

Pairing by Effect

The effects of marijuana vary depending on the strain and method used to ingest. Coffee can also vary in its effects depending on the amount of caffeine it has. The darker the roast, the less caffeine in the brew. Love Potion is a Sativa-dominant hybrid known for bringing on feelings of euphoria and increasing energy levels. If you’re looking for an extra kick to get you through your work, pair this bud with a light roast coffee. However, it’s important to note your heart rate and re-evaluate before considering another cup or toke. Opt for you favorite indicia and a dark roast coffee or espresso shot to relax. Also, it’s important to note that you can use caffeine to offset unwanted effects after weed and wise versa.

So what's the method here? Decarboxylate the weed and then chuck it in with the ground coffee? Have you tried it? I made tea from already vaped grass but it wasn't great. I used to make coffee with hash in it years ago when hash was all I could get. That worked very well. I just crumbled it into the cup with the instant coffee. An hr later I would be very stoned!!

So what's the method here? Decarboxylate the weed and then chuck it in with the ground coffee? Have you tried it? I made tea from already vaped grass but it wasn't great. I used to make coffee with hash in it years ago when hash was all I could get. That worked very well. I just crumbled it into the cup with the instant coffee. An hr later I would be very stoned!!
Some people infuse coconut oil and the like, and put a spoon full in their cup of coffee..... @newty does this.

Mmmmm coffee and cannabis! My two favourite pairings:) nice suggestion with the love potion, I love that strain. I recently infused some honey with decarbed love potion Kief, that was delicious in coffee. Just ask @NaturalSpirit once he tries his I sent:D

Coconut oil in coffee? Ah lads!! I'm guessing thats a version of bulletproof coffee? Not sure if I would like that. I might give it a miss. Now honey I could go for. @newty To infuse the honey did you heat it up? Was it very bubbly?
No I just warmed it up to mix better. I decarbed the kief in the oven for 30 at 240 then mixed it in:)

Coconut oil in coffee? Ah lads!! I'm guessing thats a version of bulletproof coffee? Not sure if I would like that. I might give it a miss. Now honey I could go for. @newty To infuse the honey did you heat it up? Was it very bubbly?
Also meant to say, try it and you’ll love it:)
Eating a tablespoon of coconut oil first thing when you wake up will get your engines stirring aka kick starts your metabolism;)

I live a keto-ish lifestyle due to stomach issues and it’s literally saved my life:) If your interested google ketosis or keto diet for more tips.

The fact that my coconut oil is infused with marijuana is just the extra motivation to have a scoop first thing!

Wall @NaturalSpirit , how was it?
Mmmmm coffee and cannabis! My two favourite pairings:) nice suggestion with the love potion, I love that strain. I recently infused some honey with decarbed love potion Kief, that was delicious in coffee. Just ask @NaturalSpirit once he tries his I sent:D

Wall @NaturalSpirit , how was it?
Well the honey Will be saved for when ms spirit is back on her feet. The cookies are amazing. I have a lot of chronic Things including pain, tired, and a failing nerve system. This all comes with a lot of stress and anxiety. The cookies from Newty made me feel so comfy and lay back without the indica punch in the face.

Her avocado oil is just heavenly, The first dose was after 2,5ml Chocolate Mint OG of my own and that combined with 2ML of the Newty oil was so Damn good that I felt NORMAL, in a good way for once lol.

Trust me, anything @newty creates is worth trying so far:drool:

Btw If you need a heavy pain killed, CMOG might help ya with it ^^

Also meant to say, try it and you’ll love it:)
Eating a tablespoon of coconut oil first thing when you wake up will get your engines stirring aka kick starts your metabolism;)

I live a keto-ish lifestyle due to stomach issues and it’s literally saved my life:) If your interested google ketosis or keto diet for more tips.

The fact that my coconut oil is infused with marijuana is just the extra motivation to have a scoop first thing!

OK, so this sounds pretty bad ass, and I feel mildly stoopid for not thinking of this before. I'm a huge fan of coconut oil, and edibles, and coffee. What's your recipe for the canncoco oil?

Also, if you are not drinking this with chikory coffee, you are missing out. Chickory and diesel with in 10 minutes of wake up is my ritual.

Back
Top Bottom