420 Magazine Background

Cannabis Decarboxylation

SoGnotSOG321

You can play with the times/ temperature and let us know how it went... :)
Thank you for that detailed explanation. I've been getting good results at 235f for 35 minutes in a small counter top convection oven. I dont recommend doing this in a duplex or an apartment, to smelly.

SoGnotSOG321

235 for the THC what about the CBD
Idk, I dont worry about it, CBD supplements are available at my local convenience stores and gas stations even smokable flowers. I'm not sure how you go about picking a temp/time for just CBD requirements alone or if the umbrella/entourage effects combines with the THC at a "prime"?? set of temp/time. I would go off the numbers @Pahval has given above for the CBD temps and time. Keep in mind that using oil or butter will take much longer to not only "dissolve" but decarb as well because of those lower temps (please correct or add to my explanation my ego is soft and flexible)

zeroday

CBDA should decarb to CBD at the same temperature as THCA goes to THC. The difference is the amount of time. I have found that THCA converts to THC at 105c for about 25 minutes. It takes 40 minutes to also convert the CBDA to CBD. This relates to flower.

If you have nothing specific planned for the oil, FECO is always an option. Decarb is much easier. The bubbles guide you.

zeroday

Top Bottom