Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

Now for something different.....

96F4B748-6F93-4BE5-9045-0A87E91755EE.jpeg

@Bucudinkydow has stumbled on the simple method of consuming ground decarbed bud. He’s been using the method for a while, but finds himself stymied over finding a way to get a consistent dose.

Weighing may be an option, if a good scale is available, in which case it’s a matter of finding the weight that brings the most consistency for you across strains and phenotypes. A good scale that weighs this tiny a dose can be more expensive than many of us are willing or able to put out, so we’re looking for other ways to make Dust work.

When we started talking about Dust he’d simply been wetting a finger and dipping into the decarbed and powdered buds, the same inefficient way I tend to do with cobs. I can testify that it’s not a good way to get consistent results. :laughtwo: We’ve since figured out that 1/8 tsp, loosely packed, comes close enough to 0.1 grams that we feel comfortable with that. Often though, 0.1 gram can hit much harder than expected.

First off, we wanted to alert the membership to this simple consumption method. We’re also hoping to engage some members in experimentation. @MagicJim has already jumped into the game with us, and he’s seeing promising results I’ll let him share. I’d like to see a wider participation of members and see what we can come up with along the lines of some general guidelines for this dosing method. I’m certain that once enough of us give it a try we’re going to see some patterns emerge.

The Process:

It couldn’t get any easier.

Decarb buds.

Grind into a fine powder, akin to the consistency of flour.

Dose.

What we’ve experienced:

This one caught us a little off-guard, even if it shouldn’t have. A few years back B A R and I discovered quite by accident that you’ll get higher, faster, and it’ll last longer if you decarb your buds first. IMHO, it’s because the conversion to THC has already occurred, and your system gets right to the business of euphoria, since you, in effect, took out the middleman.

We haven’t yet figured out why grinding buds into a fine powder makes so much difference in potency. It may simply be the dispersement of the oils, but we’re open to any and all theories.

For whatever reason, Dust, as we’ve come to call this method, creeps up on you with a slow rise over more than three hours, and the peak can carry longer than normal. My first experience with Dust was a dose approximate to 0.1 grams of Daddy’s Lil’ Devil, a cross by @Chris Scorpio of Dark Devil Auto and GDP. It kinda blew me away that day, carrying me right through a busy time with a soaring euphoria that seemed unending.

Since then I’ve played with some Carnival Dust, and found it to be as euphoric, if not more so than my typical methods of consumption.

My next step is to continue my exploration of mixing Carnival with Candida, but in Dust form instead of smoking flower.

I have a neighbor with emotional/anxiety challenges who was taking a pharma medicine he’d discontinued when it gave him unbearable side effects, and right about that time I discovered Dust. He’s been using it successfully now for the past couple weeks, taking about 0.1 grams once or twice a day.

I see great potential here for minimal processing and easy dosing. Anyone game? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Daddy’s Little Devil, a cross by @Chris Scorpio of Dark Devil Auto and ACDC

Yer Cornfused again dear...yes they are close in names...I get Cornfused myself

DDA x GDP = Daddy's Lil Devil

DDA x ACDC = Devil's Dirty Deeds

Yer Cornfused again dear...yes they are close in names...I get Cornfused myself

DDA x GDP = Daddy's Lil Devil

DDA x ACDC = Devil's Dirty Deeds

All fixed Chris, and my apologies for getting them all mixed up. :hug:

Thanks for the thread Sue! Does this need to be ingested with a fatty food?

It’s a good idea to always have something in the stomach when consuming cannabis products Shed, and fat content about 30-45 minutes ahead of dosing is suggested. Having said that, this is what I‘ve been dosing first thing in the morning, hours before I start taking in food, and I’ve had no ill effects.

One of these days I’ll go ahead and have an early breakfast to see what difference it might make in euphoric effect.

I may have stumbled across an answer to your question, of dust working different, during my last grow in which I intended to make hash out of any bud smaller than a golf ball.

I had read some info from Frenchi Cannolli about hash and trichome ripeness. He mentions very degrees of amber heads and said that for the best hash, you wanted these amber gland heads.

I kept the plants growing longer than I normally would, by 2 to 3 weeks watching for “amber”. What I found was I got lower than expected yield on my hash. When I inspected the bigger bud, that I was saving to smoke, I noticed about 30 to 40% of the heads had ruptured, leaving only the stalk, but the bud was every bit as strong as other grows when smoked.

My conclusion was that I couldn’t see the amber Frenchie talks about on the live plant because the hash was very degrees of amber when I had it.

My confusion over so many heads being ruptured, yet the potency still there, led me to the conclusion that the “good stuff” inside the head had just soaked into the bud. Therefore, still as potent, but lead to lower hash yield.

Next round, I will harvest according to the swell of the glands, rather than colour, as I love my hash and it is something I can easily smoke anytime and most would never know, including close friends and family.

RC

Dont know if you guys are aware of the connotation for dust or that it's often used with cannabis....

Either way will have to try this out. Maybe I'll save this for 420. Looks way easier then making edibles.

I’m not aware Rich. Before I found this community I knew nothing about cannabis except what it cost me.

Will you elaborate, please?

I may have stumbled across an answer to your question, of dust working different, during my last grow in which I intended to make hash out of any bud smaller than a golf ball.

I had read some info from Frenchi Cannolli about hash and trichome ripeness. He mentions very degrees of amber heads and said that for the best hash, you wanted these amber gland heads.

I kept the plants growing longer than I normally would, by 2 to 3 weeks watching for “amber”. What I found was I got lower than expected yield on my hash. When I inspected the bigger bud, that I was saving to smoke, I noticed about 30 to 40% of the heads had ruptured, leaving only the stalk, but the bud was every bit as strong as other grows when smoked.

My conclusion was that I couldn’t see the amber Frenchie talks about on the live plant because the hash was very degrees of amber when I had it.

My confusion over so many heads being ruptured, yet the potency still there, led me to the conclusion that the “good stuff” inside the head had just soaked into the bud. Therefore, still as potent, but lead to lower hash yield.

Next round, I will harvest according to the swell of the glands, rather than colour, as I love my hash and it is something I can easily smoke anytime and most would never know, including close friends and family.

RC

This is something of what I suspect. When ground to a fine dust it spreads the oils out. It must encourage faster absorption.

Hi Folks, my wife uses Gorilla dust. So do I. Although, we never called it that until now. We use the “Magic Bullet” to grind decarbed bud to a very fine powder and then they are loaded and packed into size 0 capsules. The fine grind and close attention to making the caps are critical.
D130DBDF-10F8-4302-A7B9-46E77D1CC5B3.jpeg
39ADEB6E-4D95-46D4-A33A-043C8C7268CA.jpeg
ABC18317-02B6-483B-AB63-57EE22FB913C.jpeg
62927FFD-282D-4615-B029-10510AA00541.jpeg
0AB4E1FB-2FF5-4681-91B1-D224D117B954.jpeg

Thanx for the tread, Sue. Looking forward to others’ experiences. I hope all find it as satisfying as we have.

The cute little bottles with the built in spoon dispensers turned out to be a bust. The spoon was far too small to be functional for our purposes. The set of mini measuring spoons I ordered are still in the package.

My scales are of the cheapo variety, also, but by weighing 10 dust filled size 1 caps, I’ve found each contain .1g of my Cherry Wine dust. My Honduras contains a tad more moisture, I think, and weigh minimally more. This is probably going to be my new measuring system and will probably vary doses by varying cap size. I see Hedzenmedz has beat me to this discovery. Thanx for sharing, sir.

A point that I’ve found most perplexing, however, is taking the gelcap is somewhat less effective than just ingesting the naked dust directly. Initially I thought it might have been simple erroneous perception but I’ve done enough comparative tests to feel the results are factual. I plan to continue capping the dust just for purposes of accurate dosing but I’m twisting off the top and just emptying the dust directly into my mouth.

Ahhh.... I love the smell of a new thread. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I plan to continue capping the dust just for purposes of accurate dosing but I’m twisting off the top and just emptying the dust directly into my mouth.

I find that interesting, and somewhat inexplicable.... :hmmmm:

Could it be as simple as the Dust on its own simply absorbs more quickly? Do you follow with any liquid?

I would think dust gets you higher faster and longer due to surface area of the dust as opposed to a bud. There would be more particles for the stomach to digest before it gets pushed along to the next stage. That being the rectum.....

See? This. This was where my thoughts were going. :high-five:

Still have 21 seconds. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom