Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

Now for something different.....

96F4B748-6F93-4BE5-9045-0A87E91755EE.jpeg

@Bucudinkydow has stumbled on the simple method of consuming ground decarbed bud. He’s been using the method for a while, but finds himself stymied over finding a way to get a consistent dose.

Weighing may be an option, if a good scale is available, in which case it’s a matter of finding the weight that brings the most consistency for you across strains and phenotypes. A good scale that weighs this tiny a dose can be more expensive than many of us are willing or able to put out, so we’re looking for other ways to make Dust work.

When we started talking about Dust he’d simply been wetting a finger and dipping into the decarbed and powdered buds, the same inefficient way I tend to do with cobs. I can testify that it’s not a good way to get consistent results. :laughtwo: We’ve since figured out that 1/8 tsp, loosely packed, comes close enough to 0.1 grams that we feel comfortable with that. Often though, 0.1 gram can hit much harder than expected.

First off, we wanted to alert the membership to this simple consumption method. We’re also hoping to engage some members in experimentation. @MagicJim has already jumped into the game with us, and he’s seeing promising results I’ll let him share. I’d like to see a wider participation of members and see what we can come up with along the lines of some general guidelines for this dosing method. I’m certain that once enough of us give it a try we’re going to see some patterns emerge.

The Process:

It couldn’t get any easier.

Decarb buds.

Grind into a fine powder, akin to the consistency of flour.

Dose.

What we’ve experienced:

This one caught us a little off-guard, even if it shouldn’t have. A few years back B A R and I discovered quite by accident that you’ll get higher, faster, and it’ll last longer if you decarb your buds first. IMHO, it’s because the conversion to THC has already occurred, and your system gets right to the business of euphoria, since you, in effect, took out the middleman.

We haven’t yet figured out why grinding buds into a fine powder makes so much difference in potency. It may simply be the dispersement of the oils, but we’re open to any and all theories.

For whatever reason, Dust, as we’ve come to call this method, creeps up on you with a slow rise over more than three hours, and the peak can carry longer than normal. My first experience with Dust was a dose approximate to 0.1 grams of Daddy’s Lil’ Devil, a cross by @Chris Scorpio of Dark Devil Auto and GDP. It kinda blew me away that day, carrying me right through a busy time with a soaring euphoria that seemed unending.

Since then I’ve played with some Carnival Dust, and found it to be as euphoric, if not more so than my typical methods of consumption.

My next step is to continue my exploration of mixing Carnival with Candida, but in Dust form instead of smoking flower.

I have a neighbor with emotional/anxiety challenges who was taking a pharma medicine he’d discontinued when it gave him unbearable side effects, and right about that time I discovered Dust. He’s been using it successfully now for the past couple weeks, taking about 0.1 grams once or twice a day.

I see great potential here for minimal processing and easy dosing. Anyone game? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for the link donkey dick and thanks sue for this wicked info :Namaste:

Definitely going to try

Definitely going to try

Good to hear Joe. :hug: Be careful about the dose. It’s much more potent than you expect.

Good to hear Joe. :hug: Be careful about the dose. It’s much more potent than you expect.
I will trust your word .
Haven't done us wrong here on mag yet. .blessed day :adore: :Namaste:

Definitely going to try
:green_heart: :love:
Hey. Dust is the new black.
I’m up to page 5 so I’ll head back for a catch up.
Just wanted to say..
37BAD75A-F3FF-4D0A-8930-27474DCBA404.jpeg

9D973BF3-4C9A-4AAA-B082-53327436828F.jpeg

..thanks!
I took a dose an hr and 20 ago and if it isn’t my imagination I think I’m gonna be able to say it works :cool:

You might try weighting your dose that way you can adjust it to find what works for you.
I don't have a scale that will weigh that small amount consistently. I did weigh out 50 empty, then 50 full capsules, ciphered a bit and came up with .20 per capsule though. Last night I took one at 5:00 then another at 7:00. When I went to bed at 10:30 I didn't really feel tired until I smoked a bowl. The capsules may have kicked in later as I didn't wake up during the night which is odd for me, I also didn't want to get out of bed this morning which is also odd.

I often suffer from inconsistencies as well. Mine are more noticeable during the day, however. I’m comfortable that my material is of a consistent mix so I’m looking elsewhere for the culprit. Many have discovered correlation between timing of a meal with dosing time to be relevant. I think some are timing their medication a couple of hours after a meal and finding desirable effects.

Keep us posted on your trials. It’s a learning process for us all and the more data we share, the more we all benefit. By the way, what strain are you using for nighttime?
I think part of my inconsistencies are due to the mix of strains and the trim I used. At present I am using an unknown strain for night but most any of them make me sleepy. I have God's Gift that should be ready in a couple weeks which is suppose to be real good for insomnia. Next grow I'll do a couple 9lb Hammers which I hear is an excellent sleep aid.

Thanx, RaggedyMan. A decent night’s sleep still eludes me. I’ve been chasing the utopian strain for inducing sleep for nearly 5 years with little success. Many of the heavy indicas often evoke some pretty horrific bouts of depression during the night. Anxious to hear a report on God’s Gift. I’ve heard some good things about it.

Thanx, RaggedyMan. A decent night’s sleep still eludes me. I’ve been chasing the utopian strain for inducing sleep for nearly 5 years with little success. Many of the heavy indicas often evoke some pretty horrific bouts of depression during the night. Anxious to hear a report on God’s Gift. I’ve heard some good things about it.
Still have a couple/3 weeks but I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes

Hi all.

I had an interesting experience last night that I thought I'd tell you all about.

I have this 3 year old weed that I grew outside. However I was only able to let it flower for 4 weeks that year because of...well...dont ask. Suffice it to say that it was terribly weak and basically unusable. Hence why it is still hanging around in huge bushels in my shed. I didnt even bother to harvest it after drying. The only thing it has been usable for all along is maybe relaxing me a bit when I'm out of real weed. But to achieve that I have to smoke about 8 bowls of the shit, destroying my throat and lungs in the process.

Fast forward to last night...

I had been reading here how potent this dust is, so I went out to the shed and clipped about as much as I would normally smoke to feel relaxed - about 8 bowls worth. I described and ground it up. Then I popped that pile of dust into my mouth, chewed and swallowed.

Now for my back pain and my fibromyalgia i usually need both a dose of CBD and thc oils to control the pain. So i took my CBD oil and went to bed. This time without taking my thc oil.

So every night like clockwork I wake at about 2 a.m. in incredible pain. That's about the time my oils wear out. And surely, last night I again woke once the cbd oil were off, at about 2 a.m. I got up to take a second dose of oils.

But look and behold I suddenly realized that my legs were jelly and I could barely walk without slamming into the wall. I suddenly realized that I was as high as a kite!!! I mean... I was stoned! I dont think I've been this high since i was 16 yrs old. It was actually a bit disconcerting until i decided just to roll with it.

But i wanted to tell you all that little story about just how potent my really weak weed was for me. I'm testing it out again this evening with significantly less of that crap weed. I want to see when onset begins and test how long it lasts. I'll let you know if i have anything interesting to report. If not I'll keep my mouth shut.

But i do have some questions which are about to illustrate how ignorant i am...

Would this work with CBD buds?

I dont know anything yet about CBD... i just started taking it last week. But do you have to decarb CBD? I would think not because as far as i know CBD is just CBD. It's not like how thc-a converts into thc when combined with heat. So for that reason i think that the CBD buds would not have to be decarbed.

Also, if anyone could point me to any references or forums that deal with CBD edibles I'd be very grateful. I dont even know if there is such a beast as a CBD edible. For me, it seems like you could make CBD edibles.... The reason i am so interested is because thc edibles last much longer than thc oil, so I'm wondering if cbd edibles would act the same.

It is important I find out because I'd like to be able to get more than about 3 hours of sleep at a time and with the pain coming on so quickly after taking the oils, I'd like another method of administration that might last longer.

So if you have any insight into these issues I'd really appreciate it. Or if you could point me in a direction where I might discover the answers myself I'd be grateful then too!

All my best,
~Magnus

Fantastic report. Thanx for sharing. Very interesting that 3 year old weak weed can offer such magic in dust form. I was rummaging through my larder the other day and found some from 2015. I made a mental note that I needed to go through and purge my cabinet of some old weed but it sounds like it may be worth grinding some up and giving it a shot.

High CBD material works equally as well in dust form as high THC weed. I have some Cherry Wine which is a high CBD hemp. This supposedly has a THC content of less than .3%, however, in dust form it absolutely offers some significant psychoactive results. Really pleasurable daytime companion that’s pretty much compatible for whatever plans you have for the day. And, yes, I do decarb. In fact, Ardent recommends doing a double decarb, which I do.

And please do share your experience with round 2 tonight.

BCDD

Fantastic report. Thanx for sharing. Very interesting that 3 year old weak weed can offer such magic in dust form. I was rummaging through my larder the other day and found some from 2015. I made a mental note that I needed to go through and purge my cabinet of some old weed but it sounds like it may be worth grinding some up and giving it a shot.

High CBD material works equally as well in dust form as high THC weed. I have some Cherry Wine which is a high CBD hemp. This supposedly has a THC content of less than .3%, however, in dust form it absolutely offers some significant psychoactive results. Really pleasurable daytime companion that’s pretty much compatible for whatever plans you have for the day. And, yes, I do decarb. In fact, Ardent recommends doing a double decarb, which I do.

And please do share your experience with round 2 tonight.

BCDD
Great to hear about the CBD. Please tell me... do you decarb CBD for the same length of time as you would thc?

Quick check of a couple of sites recommended 245f for 75 minutes. My guess the parameters for a good decarb are broader than what many assume but that should give a good starting point for you. Someone used a thermal probe on an Ardent nova and found the heat was a consistent 250f (although the company claims much less) and a cycle generally lasts about 75 minutes. I ran my freshly harvested hemp through 2 cycles since it had insanely high moisture content and had good results.

My understanding is that you need a little more time and temp for CBD. Not sure of the recommended formula bu5 I’ll see if I can ferret that out for you.
Quick check of a couple of sites recommended 245f for 75 minutes. My guess the parameters for a good decarb are broader than what many assume but that should give a good starting point for you. Someone used a thermal probe on an Ardent nova and found the heat was a consistent 250f (although the company claims much less) and a cycle generally lasts about 75 minutes. I ran my freshly harvested hemp through 2 cycles since it had insanely high moisture content and had good results.
I decarb in a foil pouch for 90 minutes at 240ºF, and my Candida showed no measurable CBDa in the resulting oil in the lab tests. That's the same as my THC plant decarb schedule, though I've never had any THC oil lab-tested.
Thanks so much to both of you. I appreciate this info very much!

All my best,
~Magnus

Great to hear about the CBD. Please tell me... do you decarb CBD for the same length of time as you would thc?

The Green Flower course says:

• CBDA requires heat at 295F for 90 minutes to convert CBDA to CBD

I realized today that this community will make me a lifer, it will take that long to get through all this great information lol
Will definitely be trying this one out @SweetSue, thank you for all your threads :peace: :adore:

I’ve seen a multitude of exemplary lab results using a vast variety of times and temps for decarbing thc and my guess is the parameters for decarbing CBD is just as wide. Even in Sue’s Holy Grail thread, I think I remember seeing some great lab results using different times and temps. I think we often become a bit anal about finding the utopian formula for decarbing. I’m of the opinion that it doesn’t exis!! There’s just too many variables that come into play. For most of us old timers, we have developed a system that we’re comfortable with. If it works for our applications, it makes little difference if it fails to fall in line with others. For the FNG’s to the game, just pick a recipe from a source you feel comfortable with and go with it. It’s doudtful you’ll be disappointed but if it fails to meet your expectations, try another.

Just my 2 cents FWIW!
:thumb::circle-of-love:

I do believe you're right, BCDD. I've varied times, heat levels, etc; and have successful results each time. Happy Dustin'

I meant to post my experience of eating Sour Diesel dust on April 27. I track my doses every time I take cannabis for getting high purposes and make notes sometimes and here's what my notes from then say:

I took 1.54 grams of Sour Diesel dust at 14:30 and was feeling the effects of it by 15:05. I felt really high at 15:25 and I stayed really high with the level jumping up every 20 minutes or so for about 2.5 hours and then I started coming down.

I was pretty happy with the experience since taking Sour Diesel oil didn't have the same effect at all but Felonious says that if I took as much in oil as I do with dust, I'd have to take 14 capsules of size 000 and the max I usually take is 10.

Back
Top Bottom