Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

THanks everyone, I'm mending well. Spent a few days of wishing command central wasn't in the basement, but ascending and descending with both legs relatively easily this am.
Glad you weren’t more hurt. You’re wearing your Kevlar pants everywhere now I hope?!
You got that right bro! Negative reinforcement is a powerful motivator, and it's taken other drastic events for me to learn lessons permanently in the past. Unfortunately you can't fix true stupid...I'll be down again, but I'm getting better at damage mitigation!

Wow this sounds all great, I am in for sure. About dosing, wouldn’t it be possible to use (something) like a flat knitting needle and wet it on a wet kitchen towel and dip it straight into the dust. By being flat you could prevent dosing too much and the flat surface can be adjusted by something else, bigger or smaller.

Cheers
Try a damp popsicle stick. You can be quite accurate. Just use and toss and have more for next time.
cheers - hedz

Great idea, Hedz. Titration made easy by simply adjusting the depth of penetration. Thanx for sharing.

Collective forum knowledge is such a valuable commodity!!
You’re welcome - been out of touch with this forum for a while now. Time for me to become more active.

DON’T DIS’ THE DUDES, FOLKS!!!

When making dust the male gender of this beautiful plant absolutely has some goodness to render!

In the early 70’s I got really stoned once on some Columbian Gold; it lasted 10 years! To replicate that beautiful picture my mind now paints of that period would be blissful. I was ecstatic to score some CG72 seeds from USC last year. My only reluctance was the time involved; reportedly harvest time of up to 6 months. I’ve just embarked upon my 73rd trip around the sun and have less patience than I used to and definitely less time appropriated! Hell, I don’t even buy green bananas any longer.

Nevertheless, here we go. I’ve planted 3 plants thus far, staggered 1 month apart. After 3 1/2 months, the first showed sex; yes a damn MALE!! After this torturous length of time, I was devastated. I know, it’s always a possibility, if not a probability. After almost 6 years of continuous gardening, this is only my second male. I felt lucky!

So here I am with a dilemma; chuck 3 1/2 months of work or see if I can salvage anything at all? Oh, hell yeah, always up for a bit of testing!

I roughly stripped one of the tops of sugar leaves, small fan leaves and a handful of unopened ”nanners“. After some slow drying in the toaster oven, a good Ardent decarb and grinding to dust, I loosely filled a size 1 cap. Well I’m here to tell you, folks, this is about as potent as anything I’ve dusted thus far! The only difference I’ve noticed was the slower than normal onset. Other than an almost indiscernible little buzz, the true effects didn’t come on until nearly the 2 hour mark.

Oh, yeah, was the effect anything similar to what I remembered? With my questionable memory, hell, who knows!?! While I haven’t experienced an “Oh what a wonderful world” type of day, it has been most pleasant. I’ve even found my wife rather sociable and engaged in a short conversation. I tackled an unpleasant chore I’ve been dreading. While completing the task lacked vigor, I found the work was steady and deliberate with a very enhanced sense of awareness and concentration. The chore turned out to be far less unpleasant than expected. At lunch, I sat down for a short while and found an oh so boring movie my wife was watching, simply fascinating. I sense only a very minute body buzz, almost totally a head high. Somewhat uplifting and very clear-headed; close to the effects I’ve been seeking for the last 5 years.

Final thoughts? Well, overwhelming pleasantly surprised!! I would have never dreamed of these results from what I’ve been indoctrinated to discard. I’ll definitely harvest the remainder of this plant within the next few days. I’m really looking forward to seeing a female plant soon. It’s going to be interesting doing a comparison of the genders!

DON’T DIS’ THE DUDES!!
I never tossed the males during the years I grew my own. I loosely ground everything (male and female) but the stems and roots into "cooking herbs", or heated them up with cocoa butter and made capsules. Nothing elaborate, just quick and cheap.

The recent discussion on cannabis dust was really interesting. It confirmed that my low-tech processing was just as valid as more complicated processing. Sure, you need more product to get the effect, and more time for the pain-relieve to set in, but it works for this old Senior!

It's been a while since I grew, but I have enough ground herb jarred up to last me years.

It's gratifying that even a poor harvest and the male plant can be saved for oral consumption!

Working a large plant, any tips to speed up processing. Starting to feel like work.

Do you leave the smaller stems and just grind them up also?
Is there a limit to the shelf life? I assume that alcohol infusion
has longer shelf life..........

Man, I feel yo’ pain. It’s drudgery to me, too.

I’m a bit anal about removing even the smallest stems. In the past I’ve read that the stems are covered in minute barbs that can become embedded in the stomach lining and cause irritation. Can’t confirm the fact but rather not chance it until proven otherwise. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in on the subject. At any rate, those pesky little stems look like they’d probably be pretty difficult to digest.

Not sure about shelf life of dust. I seldom grind more than about a months supply at the time. I leave the unmolested flower jarred in the freezer until time to grind up a new supply.

BCDD

Man, I feel yo’ pain. It’s drudgery to me, too.

I’m a bit anal about removing even the smallest stems. In the past I’ve read that the stems are covered in minute barbs that can become embedded in the stomach lining and cause irritation. Can’t confirm the fact but rather not chance it until proven otherwise. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in on the subject. At any rate, those pesky little stems look like they’d probably be pretty difficult to digest.

Not sure about shelf life of dust. I seldom grind more than about a months supply at the time. I leave the unmolested flower jarred in the freezer until time to grind up a new supply.

Does it work well enough that ground cannabis is your preferred way to consume? Do you like it better than edibles or smoking? very interesting.

Hey, Scottsquatch. This is emphatically my only modality of ingestion and has been for over a year now.

i got really stoned from smoking Colombian Gold once back in the early 70’s. It lasted for about 10 years.

After 35 years of abstinence, I rediscovered cannabis in 2015 but found many years of hard work and even harder play have left me with conditions that make smoking or vaping difficult. There are so many advantages with dust, honestly, even if I could still smoke comfortably, I think I’d still kick it to the curb.

Preparation is so simple as compared to other complex procedures of extractions and concentrates. I’m a firm believer that the more we process this plant, the more of its goodness we loose. Let’s KISS!

Just from the stealth factor alone, think about the advantages of popping a pill rather than ferreting out a private place to light up. And the longevity of of dust can continue for 8-9 hours. My experience with smoking is generally 2-3 hours at max.

And I don’t know of any modality that offers more mileage per milligram of cannabis. I’m pretty much a daily user. 100-150mg dose and I’m good for the day!

The one thing I dearly miss about smoking, however, is firing up a good joint amongst friends and getting really torn up together. Something magical about that.

Now that I’ve given a sermon on the accolades of dust, I’ll have to admit I may be on the threshold of something new. I have finally built a dedicated private room in my workshop to house my gardening obsession. In preparation for the relocation, I was cleaning out my grossly overstuffed double wall locker full of gardening and apothecary supplies and discovered several vacuum sealed packages of various cultivars that were long forgotten. They were all neatly labeled with a date of “3/1/2018”. Well, 3 1/2 year old pot can’t be any good, right?!?

I remembered I had vacuum sealed these colas in an attempt to do a comparison on storage options. The experiment fell by the wayside and I forgot about these packets. I think I packaged them about 2 days after harvest since they were going to be used as edibles and didn’t require the normal drying/curing regimen.

I almost discarded them but for kicks and giggles i opened one labeled “Blue Dream CBD”. I remembered trying this when I harvested it and was sorely disappointed. When I opened the packet I found the contents still quite moist and the aroma was delightful. I’m not sure what prompted me to tear off a tad and eat it other than wanting to experience that delicious smell. I really had no expectations but to my pleasant surprise I began getting a bit of buzz in short order. This little buzz quickly grew into the most delightful, intense high I’ve experienced in many months!! It was totally divorced from the the disappointing effects I sampled years ago from this cultivar. It had obviously gone through some type of miraculous transformation. It now offered a beautiful uplifting, euphoric and energizing high that I have so coveted for a long time.

I feel this has undergone some type of fermentation close akin to what Tangwena has been experimenting with in his “cobbling” adventure. I’m definitely going to continue to pursue this a bit further.

I know; a lot more info than you were probably in store for. I apologize for my lack of brevity.

BCDD

conditions that make smoking or vaping difficult.
Hey Buck - I have done a water cure on my auto and some of the early stuff - it really smooths everything out when I vape. Not sure if that could be an option for you.

I had bookmarked this thread quite a while ago intending to come back and read it, but only now have I done so. Anyone still using this for primary consumption?

This would seem to be almost ideal for me, so I'm going to give it a go. I decarbed 11 grams of my CBG plant in the IP and then ran it through a spice grinder and filtered it through a fine wire mesh strainer to produce my powder.

I weighed a one teaspoon amount of the powder and it came out to 0.993 grams, close enough to a 'round 1' to call it good. So, each teaspoon, or gram of dust, of a 15% strain has 150mg of the dominant cannabinoid in it, and therefore an eighth of a teaspoon is approximately 18.75mg, and the 11 grams gives me 88 of those doses.

I'll try one dose tomorrow and see if I notice any effects, though with cbg I don't expect to. The cbg is suppose to enhance the effects of both cbd and thc though, but also has some interesting medicinal properties of its own.

I'm primarily interested in taste and consistency of maybe just mixing this with yogurt for my first round and then go from there.

I had bookmarked this thread quite a while ago intending to come back and read it, but only now have I done so. Anyone still using this for primary consumption?

This would seem to be almost ideal for me, so I'm going to give it a go. I decarbed 11 grams of my CBG plant in the IP and then ran it through a spice grinder and filtered it through a fine mesh to produce my powder.

I weighed a one teaspoon amount of the powder and it came out to 0.993 grams, close enough to a 'round 1' to call it good. So, each teaspoon, or gram of dust, of a 15% strain has 150mg of the dominant cannabinoid in it, and therefore an eighth of a teaspoon is approximately 18.75mg, and the 11 grams gives me 88 of those doses.

I'll try one dose tomorrow and see if I notice any effects, though with cbg I don't expect to. The cbg is suppose to enhance the effects of both cbd and thc though, but also has some interesting medicinal properties of its own.

I'm primarily interested in taste and consistency of maybe just mixing this with yogurt for my first round and then go from there.
Hi Azi! I just subscribed a couple of days ago. I am a noob, but it makes total sense to me. I am trying to read West Hippie's thread first, and then this, but I am juggling. I hope this thread is still alive!

Hey, Folks. Been a while. Yes, it’s still my go to modality exclusively. I take a small dose 4-5 times a week. Not sure what your CBG strain consists of but be wary. My dose consists of moistening my finger tip and dipping it in my pot pot. Minuscule amount works well for me. I remember when this thread was current many got good results with very small amounts and others found even large amounts vaguely effective. Anatomical diversity can cause varying results.

Good luck
BCDD

Not that bad mixed in yogurt! Actually kind of nice. Had a bit of a burnt, roasted coffee bean flavor which I'm not all that fond of, but maybe I'll grow to like it.?? Maybe.

That dose was only 1/8 teaspoon of CBG so I'll have to see how it scales up. CBD is generally recommended to be used at much higher doses, like 5-10x as much, and I'll have access to some CBD flower in a few weeks and that's the one that will be the test since it may be more like a full teaspoon per day, though I'll likely break that up in at least two, but probably four, doses.

Hey, Folks. Been a while. Yes, it’s still my go to modality exclusively. I take a small dose 4-5 times a week. Not sure what your CBG strain consists of but be wary. My dose consists of moistening my finger tip and dipping it in my pot pot. Minuscule amount works well for me. I remember when this thread was current many got good results with very small amounts and others found even large amounts vaguely effective. Anatomical diversity can cause varying results.

Good luck
BCDD
Thanks, Buc! That's good to hear that it continues to be your go-to.

This seems like a great way to dose. So simple, clean, and stealth. I think I'll plan on exploring this option for a bit going forward.

My main way of consumption has been finely chopping raw, cured bud, into small pieces and then soaking them in olive oil for use on salads. I'm mainly interested in the acidic forms of the cannabinoids but the process of making dust should work just as well with raw, dried and cured, flower as it does with the decarbed variety.

Back
Top Bottom