Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

I am in! Still getting caught up on the thread. I just put some purple Kush in the instapot and will be trying this latter today.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

How did it go smokey?

I’ve been in contact behind the scenes with both @MagicJim and @Scottsquatch, members who haven’t had much luck with edibles before. They’ve both reported success with this method, which gives me high hopes that we may have found the pathway so many are trying to find.

@HashGirl , I’m thinking particularly of you at this moment. :kisstwo:

Please, anyone reading this who knows of someone frustrated with ineffective edible administration, ask them to give Dust a try. We would all benefit from more experiential data behind us.

What's ineffective?

No buzz
No relief
Issues with infusion

Just curious

No buzz. No relief from pain.

Both MagicJim and Scottsquatch were frustrated with edibles in the past. Both found success with Dust.

Jim discovered that the capsule may indeed get in the way for him. Two nights back, sleep evaded him with a Dust-filled capsule, a dose that had worked a couple previous nights. I think it may have had more to do with the new moon cycle than the capsule, but when he followed the suggestion to eliminate the capsule it worked for sleep again last night.

Scott was excited to have found edible relief. Edible relief lasts longer, much longer than combustion, so it’s important to me to be able to offer options that work this well.

Hello Sue initially took 0.1 of a gram decarbed bud ground into fine powder It was a very gradual ramp up and mild enjoyable high I was also smoking. But was nowhere near the level I usually get from eating one of my brownies. Now that being said I do have a high tolerance as I take edibles everyday to help with sleep apnea and insomnia. 3 hours later I took 0.2 of a gram with about the same results a little bit higher. It was a very enjoyable high and I was able to function throughout the day. But again I was not getting to the level I was looking for another 3 hours later I ate a bunch of gummies and that got me where I needed to be to go to sleep.

I am going to try again today after work. I will start with 0.2gm. I think the issue is my high tolerance level and I am not taking enough powder. My brownies I make I use one cup of infused oil which has 35 grams of Bud and that makes 16 brownies so a little over 2gm per brownie. That's what I'm used to taking everyday before dinner time to help me sleep. I think I just need to find the right dosage.

My brownies I make I use one cup of infused oil which has 35 grams of Bud and that makes 16 brownies so a little over 2gm per brownie. That's what I'm used to taking everyday before dinner time to help me sleep. I think I just need to find the right dosage.

That’s quite a high dose, and a lot to keep up with in a garden. :hug: My brownies knock me on my ass at 8 grams of bud to 1/2 cup of oil, so yours are twice the potency of mine. :laughtwo:

How do you get that much oil into your brownie recipe? My recipe only calls for that 1/2 cup. I don’t strain out the plant material when I make mine because I’m not willing to sacrifice the 15% left behind in the mash. I simply mix it all in. That, and the addition of liquid sunflower lecithin may account for the increased potency of my Biobomb Brownies.

May I ask, what are you eating in advance of a dose? If nothing significant, try a tablespoon of either almond butter or avocado about 30-45 minutes before dosing. This should have the effect of increasing bioavailability and let you cut down a bit on dose levels.

If your brownies work for sleep I’d keep using them. I don’t know what it is about brownies, but I’m not the only one I know who finds them an almost perfect dosing method. :laughtwo:

That’s quite a high dose, and a lot to keep up with in a garden. :hug: My brownies knock me on my ass at 8 grams of bud to 1/2 cup of oil, so yours are twice the potency of mine. :laughtwo:

How do you get that much oil into your brownie recipe? My recipe only calls for that 1/2 cup. I don’t strain out the plant material when I make mine because I’m not willing to sacrifice the 15% left behind in the mash. I simply mix it all in. That, and the addition of liquid sunflower lecithin may account for the increased potency of my Biobomb Brownies.

May I ask, what are you eating in advance of a dose? If nothing significant, try a tablespoon of either almond butter or avocado about 30-45 minutes before dosing. This should have the effect of increasing bioavailability and let you cut down a bit on dose levels.

If your brownies work for sleep I’d keep using them. I don’t know what it is about brownies, but I’m not the only one I know who finds them an almost perfect dosing method. :laughtwo:

I have had people tell me that my brownies are too strong I always warn people if I give them any only eat half unless you have a really high tolerance sometimes they don't listen. I have no problem keeping up with my 4 legal plants plus what I smoke and give away. I have more than I know what to do with and for that reason after this grow will not be growing this summer need to use up what I have in stock.

The recipe I use it's off of the cocoa tin and it calls for 1 cup of butter or oil. It uses 12x16 pan not a 12x12. I have tried putting the plant material in the mix but did not like the flavour much. I use a potato ricer to squeeze out as much of the oil as I can also have been using your trick and letting it sit in the jar before using.I will be making a batch this week with some oil that has been sitting in the jar with bud for about a month and a half should be good.I should add that I grind up the bud before pudding in the instant pot and also use soy lethicin.I could post the brownie recipe later when I get home from work if you like?

I did have eggs sausage and toast about an hour before ingesting the powder the first time. Would peanut butter work instead of almond butter or avocado?

I feel the same way I know how much to take or to offer another person.I use gummies to from time to time I make them mostly for my wife who has a low tolerance but find them hard to dose because I have multiple sizes. brownies just seem to be much better for me.

@oldsmokey, I’d love to see your recipe. I was surprised to find I have no thread for my brownie recipe. :laughtwo: If I start one I’ll include yours in the posts. Go ahead and leave it here. :hug: My favorite from-scratch recipe is made with butter. Mmmm.... they melt in your mouth.

Avocados and almond butter would be better carriers for cannabinoids than your meal. I’d give it a try about 30 minutes before the dose to see if you determine any improvement.

I’m impressed with your processes and your regimen. Forums get poo-pooed a lot for being an ineffective way to transfer this information to the masses. I think they’re undervalued.

And it works for you, which is what I most appreciate. :high-five:

Sue I will post the recipe when I get home from work. It is taking me many years to figure out what works best for my sleep apnea. At first I was following the doctors orders. Sleeping pills sedatives went to The sleep clinic spent about $3,000 there CPAP machine and every time I would go back to the sleep clinic they want me to buy something else to try that CPAP machine was the worst thing ever for me could not sleep with it at all. I think for many years I was self-medicating and not even realizing it just enjoying the high. It wasnt until around ten years ago when I quit smoking for for that amount of time 10 years that I had started having real problems sleeping which leads to a lot of other problems. Now no sleeping pills no CPAP machine no sleep clinic I dosed myself three or four hours before I want to go to bed and it works for me. I went for years with Hardly getting any sleep sometimes days at a time without any. It was hell!

A lot of doctors are so naive when it comes to the medicinal purposes of marijuana that's slowly changing but it's going to take a long time!

FWIW, as far as brownies go I get higher faster and for longer on a spoonful or two of the raw batter than I do the baked goods. I've told Sue before that I was just going to mix a batch and freeze individual doses and try it that way without baking. I just keep forgetting to do that. It should easily double the amount of doses per batch. :hmmmm:

FWIW, as far as brownies go I get higher faster and for longer on a spoonful or two of the raw batter than I do the baked goods. I've told Sue before that I was just going to mix a batch and freeze individual doses and try it that way without baking. I just keep forgetting to do that. It should easily double the amount of doses per batch. :hmmmm:

That's interesting Rifleman

Yes it is, and I’d forgotten all about that Lucas. Thanks for bringing it up again. :hug:

Now the question is, why would it get you higher before cooking? Think it might be the baking of the other ingredients taking longer to digest, which would tend to give more time in the stomach to damage or destroy cannabinoids?

Learning how the body absorbs is a rabbit hole I haven’t allowed myself to fall down yet, but I keep getting more and more intrigued by digestion and how it really effects cannabinoids.

I'm thinking baking destroys some of the thc. The buds were already decarbed before infusing with the oil and lethicin. Baking again seems redundant and possibly detrimental. Like a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. o_O

I'm thinking baking destroys some of the thc. The buds were already decarbed before infusing with the oil and lethicin. Baking again seems redundant and possibly detrimental. Like a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. o_O

Like cloning. :laughtwo:

I‘ve wondered about that, but my gut feeling was always that the cannabinoids are somewhat buffered from the intense heat by all the other ingredients, so any THC degradation would be negligible, IMHO, and without any labs to back that thought up.

I was wondering if it might be that in raw form it’s all much easier for the stomach to break down. It’s harder to damage THC than we think, although 350° F would be the way to do it, eh? :laughtwo: The eggs in the mixture would add a significant amount of lecithin from the yolks. That might be coming into play as well.

sue just took 0.26 gm of dust about 40 min ago so will see how it goes. Here is the brownie recipe if anyone wants to try it enjoy I know I do!! o_O

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP salt
1 cup infused oil
1 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 TSP vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts

Stir together flour,baking powder and salt in small bowl. In large bowl mix oil,cocoa. Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients and nuts last. pour batter into greased 13x9x2 inch rectangular baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 350F 35 mins or untill done test using a toothpick done when no batter sticks to toothpick when stuck in the center and removed.

Ok first eat test complete 1tbl sprinkled over my cereal and milk knocked my @#$ in the dirt for 6 hrs absolutely no need or desire to smoke or consume more, where usually I would be smoking here and there throughout that period. Whew! Pretty cool stuff! Tastes fine in honey O's!
Cereal must be expensive where you live? :laughtwo:

Hello Sue initially took 0.1 of a gram decarbed bud ground into fine powder It was a very gradual ramp up and mild enjoyable high I was also smoking. But was nowhere near the level I usually get from eating one of my brownies.

I have this mental hangup (laziness mostly) where sometimes I don't eat very well. Yesterday I didn't eat a thing all day except 1 tablespoon (I wish I had something that would measure a single gram) of cooked weed in the am as I rushed out of the house. It didn't do nearly as much for me as the cheerio's sessions...I think it was the fat in the milk?

Cereal must be expensive where you live? :laughtwo:

$3.29 plus about a buck 50 a day :yahoo:

I have this mental hangup (laziness mostly) where sometimes I don't eat very well. Yesterday I didn't eat a thing all day except 1 tablespoon (I wish I had something that would measure a single gram) of cooked weed in the am as I rushed out of the house. It didn't do nearly as much for me as the cheerio's sessions...I think it was the fat in the milk?

$3.29 plus about a buck 50 a day :yahoo:

I have to set alarms to remember to get food in. :laughtwo: Definitely, the fat in the milk contributes. Cannabinoids hold hands with fat molecules to speed absorption.

Thanks for the recipe smokey. :hug:

A small correction to an earlier post:

Scottsquatch tells me that he hasn’t yet tried Dust. His excitement was in finding edible relief for the first real time by having a small dose of something fatty, as in a tablespoon of coconut oil, almond butter, or avocado 30-45 minutes before his cannabis dose. Like Pbass, he wasn’t aware of the need to combine fat with cannabinoids.

The advance dose primes the pump, so to speak, and improves absorption and bioavailability of the cannabis components.

How did it go smokey?

I’ve been in contact behind the scenes with both @MagicJim and @Scottsquatch, members who haven’t had much luck with edibles before. They’ve both reported success with this method, which gives me high hopes that we may have found the pathway so many are trying to find.

@HashGirl , I’m thinking particularly of you at this moment. :kisstwo:

Please, anyone reading this who knows of someone frustrated with ineffective edible administration, ask them to give Dust a try. We would all benefit from more experiential data behind us.

I already tried dust and it did nothing for me, remember? That's why you suggested I try the suppository route. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom