Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

I like mixing Nestle Quik syrup with peanut butter
I mixed in some corn syrup with my pbutter and spread it on a bagel...but....Bleeech....I couldn't get it down - aging didn't help at all - it tasted horrible - I gave the last half of the bagel to the composting worms!! I am going to stick to my cococanna capsules. I'll try again next year when, hopefully, I have much stronger weed.

I have some hermie plants I couldn't bring myself to part with that are finishing up here right quick...could I decarb them fresh? They are chock full of beautifully unstable fem'd seeds, so it'll be used for cooking once I get the beans out...just wondering if I can get it going now as opposed for waiting for a dry?

On another note, I'm finding I have to take a break between eating or I have to gobble a bunch up and the buzz to quantity used ratio seems counter productive. Yesterday I ate a tablespoon and it wasn't that significant a buzz. I really do like the buzz though so I'm not stopping any time soon!

I went looking at how much longer it might take to bake fresh weed...and I ran across this...I'm sure someone will let me know if this isn't appropriate here as it's kinda a pitch for a product that I don't think is a sposor, but I found it has some interesting info. More info to add to the memory banks...

Decarb-Myths-Debunked

Keep in mind that they make a decarbing product, so there's this:
"Fresh bud can be decarbed easily in the right conditions, in fact it’s a good way to preserve more terpenes in the final product (think about the smell of fresh vs. dried flowers). Decarbing fresh bud takes the same amount of time to decarb as cured bud in a controlled setting."

Gee, I wonder what those right conditions and controlled settings are ;).

I don't have a Nova so I dry mine in the oven around 180ºF first, and then move it to decarb temps and time.

I went looking at how much longer it might take to bake fresh weed...and I ran across this...I'm sure someone will let me know if this isn't appropriate here as it's kinda a pitch for a product that I don't think is a sposor, but I found it has some interesting info. More info to add to the memory banks...

Decarb-Myths-Debunked

I do have a nova and have successfully decarbed fresh harvest material. The down side is the fact the end results are insanely moist, almost soggy weed. While the nova isn’t technically totally sealed, it’s almost impossible for moisture to dissipate. At the end of the cycle, water is literally dripping off the lid back into the weed. Makes it impossible to properly grind it but I’ve eaten some of flower as it comes from the nova and it definitely has the appropriate kick to it in spite of the high moisture content. An attempt to further dry it resulted in heavy CBN content I think. Very sedative.

I, too, query what “the right conditions” are?!?

Decarb-Myths-Debunked

Sound like marketing to me. Anytime someone starts out with "after years of prohibition", I instantly think "Snake Oil".

Looking at the results folks are getting from real world lab tests by using a beaker on a hot plate with a stirring bar running, they are getting north of 90% of the THCA to convert. Otherwise, you'd see Dispensary oil with far more THCA in it, or far more CBN, I would think

Candida decarbed in the oven in a foil pouch, 240ºF for 90 minutes and infused in EVOO:
CBD oil Cannabinoid Analysis 1.jpg

THCa and CBDa below detection levels.

Candida decarbed in the oven in a foil pouch, 240ºF for 90 minutes and infused in EVOO:
CBD oil Cannabinoid Analysis 1.jpg

THCa and CBDa below detection levels.

zactly!

I have some hermie plants I couldn't bring myself to part with that are finishing up here right quick...could I decarb them fresh? They are chock full of beautifully unstable fem'd seeds, so it'll be used for cooking once I get the beans out...just wondering if I can get it going now as opposed for waiting for a dry?

SweetSue has a good tutorial on making Fresh Harvest Oil. Here's the link:

Fresh Harvest Cannabis Oil

On another note, I'm finding I have to take a break between eating or I have to gobble a bunch up and the buzz to quantity used ratio seems counter productive. Yesterday I ate a tablespoon and it wasn't that significant a buzz. I really do like the buzz though so I'm not stopping any time soon!

I have this issue and it can be frustrating. I find that it helps if I don't use the same strain each time I want to get high. Typically, I take capsules on the weekend in one of 8 fun strains I have on hand and I track all my doses, when I took them, how much I took and how soon they took and when I no longer feel high.

It also helps if you abstain for approximately a week from all cannabis products, which I can attest to since I had no cannabis when I was in the Dominican Republic last week and I got super high on the weekend with a dose, which normally wouldn't have.

SweetSue also has a thread on the De-sensitization Protocol for this:

Resetting the Tolerance Level

This sounded really interesting so I tried this dust thing recently. Only tried one dose so far.
Did a test run of some Cindy99xBlueberry and CBD Hash Plant. Hoping to do a Blueberry and CBD Hash Plant mix later.
Decarbed some at about 110C for about 100 mins.
Was 10g before decarbing, 8g after and with stems removed. It filled 50 size 00 caps almost completely. I'll use about 22g total next time to try and fill 100 caps.

Had 3 caps this morning with breakfast. Not sure if I felt much, but I smoke all day anyways. Maybe I smoked a little less? Will try 4 caps later. If that doesn't do much I'll keep adding one until I feel an effect.

Hopefully this dust thing works. It might get me to smoke less.

That's essentially how I used my 1/2 gram of Carnival dust: sprinkled over homemade carrot soup and then mixed in. It was yummy. :yummy:

Could you folks eat a spoonful of dried dust with nothing else?
I used to guzzle cheap vodka...so I've done worse for a good buzz lol :D

I have tried and was able to with a bit of effort, by itself it is not entirely pleasant and rather dry. I find if eaten alone the effect is not nearly what it is if I eat (or drink) it with some food that has fat content though.

Back
Top Bottom