Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

Welcome M’Lord. :hug: You’ll like this, once you can indulge again. :kisstwo:

Making more for variety.

Looks like you are decarbing in the instapot. Is that correct? If so doesn't it need the ability to gas off? The lid will prevent that. I'm very interested in this because I normally decarb in my oven. It stinks up the whole house so I open the windows to let it air out before the kids get home from school. Well.....now there home 24/7 and I need to decarb some meds. If I can do this in the instapot it could be done in my GR which is a separate building from my residence.

On a side note @SweetSue I was approved for my med card today. One DDA is already up and the other should be by tomorrow. I'll be posting weekly updates in the DDA thread.

- Caddie

Sooooo....you are saying we should eat .......bacon before the dust? :D :yummy:
I often have a toasted almond butter and bacon sandwich to help me get toasted and sometimes a toasted almond butter, banana and honey sandwich. Both work well for me to kickstart. Namaste. hedz

Do you ingest the sandwich prior to or with the dust capsules you use?
Sorry, I didn’t mention it. I am one of those folks who wait quite a long time for edibles, dust et al to “kick” in. It usually takes 2.5 - 3 hours.
Here’s my routine with the dust capsules.
4:30 p.m. • take 6 size zero dust caps.
At six p.m., I’ll eat the almond butter sandwich and by 6:30 will be feeling some effects.
At 9:00 p.m., I’ll micro-dose a a few bags with the Arizer extreme Q vaporizer and I am set for a great evening and a great sleep afterward.

Sooooo....you are saying we should eat .......bacon before the dust? :D :yummy:

:rofl: Isn’t everything better with bacon? :laughtwo:

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thank you, SweetSue, for directing me to another of your informative and fun threads. Just finished reading through, and found it a fun read. I have decarbed buds that I eat occasionally. They are pretty good. Something like my brownies. The high takes about an hour and a half, to two and a half hrs. So many things to address and so little memory. I'll post as it comes to my memory. Thanks again, SweetSue! Cheers

We’re pretty sure it’s the surface area of the dust that makes the difference Bode. I’ve eaten and smoked decarbed bud (I have some delicious decarbed Blue Dream at the moment) and Dust hits in a slightly different way. Powder some of those decarbed buds of yours and give it a go. :battingeyelashes:

Looks like you are decarbing in the instapot. Is that correct? If so doesn't it need the ability to gas off? The lid will prevent that. I'm very interested in this because I normally decarb in my oven. It stinks up the whole house so I open the windows to let it air out before the kids get home from school. Well.....now there home 24/7 and I need to decarb some meds. If I can do this in the instapot it could be done in my GR which is a separate building from my residence.

On a side note @SweetSue I was approved for my med card today. One DDA is already up and the other should be by tomorrow. I'll be posting weekly updates in the DDA thread.

- Caddie

:woohoo: Another legal member. :slide:

I’ll be watching for those posts Caddie. :cheesygrinsmiley: There’s not many cannabis plants more delightful to grow than DDA. I wish I had enough on hand to make a big batch of dust, but alas, another time.

I often have a toasted almond butter and bacon sandwich to help me get toasted and sometimes a toasted almond butter, banana and honey sandwich. Both work well for me to kickstart. Namaste. hedz

Mmmmm.... yummy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry, I didn’t mention it. I am one of those folks who wait quite a long time for edibles, dust et al to “kick” in. It usually takes 2.5 - 3 hours.
Here’s my routine with the dust capsules.
4:30 p.m. • take 6 size zero dust caps.
At six p.m., I’ll eat the almond butter sandwich and by 6:30 will be feeling some effects.
At 9:00 p.m., I’ll micro-dose a a few bags with the Arizer extreme Q vaporizer and I am set for a great evening and a great sleep afterward.

Quite the regimen you have hedz. Mighty impressed with your control. :high-five:

I was wondering if you ever tried taking the dust in loose form instead of capsules? I’ve been noticing the loose dust hitting within 15 minutes, ramping up steadily for four hours. Is it possible you could invest less loose powder and get the same effect?

:rofl: Isn’t everything better with bacon? :laughtwo:

We’re pretty sure it’s the surface area of the dust that makes the difference Bode. I’ve eaten and smoked decarbed bud (I have some delicious decarbed Blue Dream at the moment) and Dust hits in a slightly different way. Powder some of those decarbed buds of yours and give it a go. :battingeyelashes:

:woohoo: Another legal member. :slide:

I’ll be watching for those posts Caddie. :cheesygrinsmiley: There’s not many cannabis plants more delightful to grow than DDA. I wish I had enough on hand to make a big batch of dust, but alas, another time.

Mmmmm.... yummy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Quite the regimen you have hedz. Mighty impressed with your control. :high-five:

I was wondering if you ever tried taking the dust in loose form instead of capsules? I’ve been noticing the loose dust hitting within 15 minutes, ramping up steadily for four hours. Is it possible you could invest less loose powder and get the same effect?
Great suggestion, thanks Sue - I’ll give it a try today. Will get back with my thoughts.

After taking Sweet Sue’s suggestion about trying the canna-dust on it’s own, here are my thoughts. First I weighed 6 size 0 filled canna-dust capsules (1.72 g), then I weighed 6 empty size zero caps (0.65 g), which gives us a canna-dust weight of 1.07 grams. You can see by the photo that I weighed out 1.08 grams of canna-dust (it kept fluctuating between .07 & .08). As a matter of interest that equates to 3/4 of a packed teaspoon. Tried a 1/2 teaspoon - too small and 1 teaspoon - too big, so my best guess is 3/4 tsp. I added a dollop of honey to kill the taste. Initially, I had heartburn which lasted about an hour. The buzz that I got was slightly stronger. The time taken to feel the effects - about 2.5 hours.
fullsizeoutput_67f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_67d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_67e.jpeg

After taking Sweet Sue’s suggestion about trying the canna-dust on it’s own, here are my thoughts. First I weighed 6 size 0 filled canna-dust capsules (1.72 g), then I weighed 6 empty size zero caps (0.65 g), which gives us a canna-dust weight of 1.07 grams. You can see by the photo that I weighed out 1.08 grams of canna-dust (it kept fluctuating between .07 & .08). As a matter of interest that equates to 3/4 of a packed teaspoon. Tried a 1/2 teaspoon - too small and 1 teaspoon - too big, so my best guess is 3/4 tsp. I added a dollop of honey to kill the taste. Initially, I had heartburn which lasted about an hour. The buzz that I got was slightly stronger. The time taken to feel the effects - about 2.5 hours.
fullsizeoutput_67f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_67d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_67e.jpeg

Thank you for giving it a go. :hug: So the heartburn.... could it be related to the chosen chemovar (strain), and do capsules ever give you heartburn? I know they have on occasion for me.

Also hedz, did you note any difference in effect or change in length of effect? Both @MagicJim and I have been playing with the same Blue Dream/Crazy Miss Hyde Dust and we both find it has a steady creep for about 4 hours and then a sweet hang time from there for a couple more hours.

I almost never think about supplementing with Dust

Jim left this on my thread today. I thought it’d look just right over here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:cool: “New delicacy for me. 1/8 tsp load is good for 6 hours.“

full

Thank you for giving it a go. :hug: So the heartburn.... could it be related to the chosen chemovar (strain), and do capsules ever give you heartburn? I know they have on occasion for me.

Also hedz, did you note any difference in effect or change in length of effect? Both @MagicJim and I have been playing with the same Blue Dream/Crazy Miss Hyde Dust and we both find it has a steady creep for about 4 hours and then a sweet hang time from there for a couple more hours.

I almost never think about supplementing with Dust

Jim left this on my thread today. I thought it’d look just right over here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:cool: “New delicacy for me. 1/8 tsp load is good for 6 hours.“

full
Hi Sue - I’m prone to heartburn to begin with and yes I do get heartburn once in a while from the caps. As for the length of the effect once it begins is likely 5 hours plus. Don’t know because I’m asleep by 11:30 p.m. and I usually start to feel the effects at around 7:00 p.m. I sleep very well now and this was something that I have had a life long problem with due to my anxiety. I’m so happy that we discovered this wonderful plant for my wife — it has also help me immensly. namaste hedz

Thanx for the report, hedzenmedz. What strains are you using to aid in sleep? Cannabis has helped me on many fronts but insomnia is still challenging. Just haven’t found a good formula to induce more that 4 hours of restless sleep.
I find that any member of the “gorilla” strains to be good for sleep (have grown gg4, gorilla and gorilla breath). Also, we just finished curing a couple ounces of “cheese” for the past 8 weeks. Decarbed, ground to dust and put in caps yesterday. Tried it last night. Slept very well. Hope you find some relief, I can't believe how well I sleep these days. namaste - hedz

Tomorrow morning I'm skipping my normal wake and bake. I'm jumping into the dust with breakfast.

After decarb and grinding I have 15g of dust. The plan is a diet Mountain Dew, a jumbo size Little Debbie Oatmeal Creampie, a spoonful of honey and a full packed teaspoon of dust to start the day. Then hurry through my weekly shopping, while masked, and make it home before the fats carry the buzz to my head. :nervous-guy:

Fingers crossed I don't get mistaken for an armed robber. My only masks are old bandanas and I'm not quite the image of a "citizen". It'd be an easy mistake to make. :rofl:

I'll try to remember and post my results here...if I don't take a nap first.
:passitleft:

Dangit now you guys make me want to go bake more weed. I ate all mine and didn't really have the gumption to make more, I do again now!

I've been using the dry weed vape pens - what are your thoughts on those??

I bought two different dry vape pens, but have only put non cooked dry weed in them. I found their delivery and effect quite lack luster. WAy too much work to get half a buzz.

I talked my way out of that and immediately made a filter from an empty tp roll and a couple fragrance-free dryer sheets to catch that offensive particulate matter.

Dorm Room Special! I use out of respect for the non smokers around me, plus if my wife smells weed I get the attitude. I have a few kicking right next to me, either you been smoking through that for ages or you take Grape Ape sized hits! Mine wouldn't ever get that brown before I'm off to the laundry room for more dryer sheets. I find while they continue to smell good on their own, they don't mask the smoke as well after some use and must be replaced, I assume the smell particle volume is dwindling.

Sorry, I didn’t mention it. I am one of those folks who wait quite a long time for edibles, dust et al to “kick” in.

Me too! I never found edibles at all enjoyable. Barely caught a buzz of the same things my friends were drooling from. I seem to have a high tolerance and low notice of things of this nature. I need that full tablespoon or it's just not worth eating.

I missed the heartburn quote, I can tell you that I have easily crampable bowels, I don't get heartburn but it usually does give me a bit of a short lived tummy ache somewhere throughout the trip. This could be because I don't grind it super fine also, I find it not pleasurable to smoke that way.

Thank you Sue, CHeers yall, stay healthy! :yahoo:

I've tried, really tried to toe the line and vape, for the supposed health benefits, but by gosh.... I like to get high when I smoke :straightface:

@Pbass, time to make more Dust :cheesygrinsmiley:

@Rifleman, what I did today was the most effective way I've tried to get the Dust to hit fast and hard, which, come to think of it, won't help you if you're hoping to get back home before it slams into you. :laughtwo:

I use Kerrygold butter, because it's made from the milk of grass-fed cows, and that's been proven to reduce your chances of heart attack by about 50%, and the more you eat, the better it is for your heart (within reason, mind you :battingeyelashes:). It's also absolutely delicious, and softens faster than lesser quality butters.

Today I set some butter in a spoon, dropped my measure of Dust on top of it, topped that off with another slice of butter and popped it into my mouth. It was an almost instant onset. I think I'll do that again tomorrow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dorm Room Special! I use out of respect for the non smokers around me, plus if my wife smells weed I get the attitude. I have a few kicking right next to me, either you been smoking through that for ages or you take Grape Ape sized hits! Mine wouldn't ever get that brown before I'm off to the laundry room for more dryer sheets. I find while they continue to smell good on their own, they don't mask the smoke as well after some use and must be replaced, I assume the smell particle volume is dwindling.

Thank you Sue, CHeers yall, stay healthy! :yahoo:

I wanted to thank you for this. :5. We get nose-blind about the perfumes of our favorite plant, and I often forget that those familiar smells aren't so familiar for everyone else around me. I'll be more alert to changing the dryer sheets out.

I think I may give this another whirl and see if there is much difference...
bong.jpg

OK...... I'm gonna appreciate an explanation of what that is. :hmmmm:

I think I may give this another whirl and see if there is much difference...
bong.jpg
That's Awesome! We need a cool favorite diy smoking utensil thread! I have a little bong I made out of a 12oz. Gatoraid bottle right next to me...its too beat to show though :D

I'm gonna appreciate an explanation of what that is.
Well, let's see...obviously, a spaghetti sauce jar, a chunk of apple wood with an area drilled for the weed, stainless steel screen sits in there, that is press fit over 1/2" copper water pipe - the other tube is just garden hose fitted over an assortment of compressed air fittings...and...Taadaa...Hillbilly Hooka!!! In this picture it is full of smoke.

Back
Top Bottom