Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

Too high, lol.

I saw a girl that was too high, once. She was hunkered down about 15' away from a bonfire, screaming at the fire demons to stay back. But that wasn't cannabis - and she'd had what was intended to be for four people.

Definitely don't consume more than you can handle - of anything. If you inadvertently do, just remind yourself, "It's supposed to feel like this." You'll be fine...

Hi weed eaters! OMG I been busy, but finally got a chance to cook up some stash...this is Bruce Banner #3 Auto ...one ounce to cook with, one ounce to chaw on! CHeers y'all, have a great day!! :yahoo:
IMG_20200627_135532281.jpg

Does anyone add dust to baking recipes instead of using infused oil or butter?

I’ve never used it in a cooked recipe but often incorporate dust in a modified buckeye recipe I use. It calls for 1/4 cup of coconut oil to which I add my dust simply to get a more consistent mix rather than expectations of infusion. Works fine. Very effective!!

Tried a generous 1/8 tsp from this seasons first outdoor auto crop of four. On peanut butter and honey toast. Possibly slower onset than grain alcohol or brownies with infused oil. Don't plan on going over 1/4 tsp.

Dust is simple and cost effective. Also takes up very little space,

I'm glad I found this thread.
Had to stop vaping recently after 2 lots of antibiotics and a chest X-ray at hospital.
If an antibody test becomes available, I'd like to take it.

I'm using 50:50 CBD:THC weed and have made oil and decarbed at the same time in the instant pot.
If I want to do a dry decarb in a sealed jar in the instant pot, should I increase the time because of the CBD?

Also interested in this for sleeping.
Using less weed and not doing the oil extraction is a bonus.

When I read the title about "dust", I thought you must be taking it like snuff !!!

Welcome to the club, Desormais. I’ve never used the instapot but some principles I’ve discovered would probably apply to this method.

Prior to obtaining my Ardent (do love that thing), I was using a sealed jar in a convection toaster oven. I was amazed at how incredibly insulative granny’s ol’ mason jar was! I placed an oven thermometer in an empty sealed jar and placed it in the oven preheated to 250f. It took well over 10 minutes for the thermometer to reach the ambient temperature. To compensate for the lag in heating time, I placed the open jar with the thermometer in it and lid into the cold oven and turned it on. When it reached the desired temp, I quickly, with oven mits, placed my material in the jar, sealed it and returned the jar to the oven. To further compensate for the insulative properties of the jar, I increased my normal temp from 240 to 250 and increased the time from 40 minutes to 50 minutes. 100% positive results!

Perhaps someone can give some further insight with the instapot.

Good luck
BCDD

I normally take an oilve oil infused capsule before bed every night, which is to try and give me a decent sleep and stop cramps during the night.
Last night I had 0.05g of White Widow CBD dust, which is meant to be a 1:1 strain, just before bed.

My sleep wasn't great and I woke a few times, however, I'm still pretty wiped out this morning which has surprised me.

I'll take it a couple of hours before bed the next time and play around with the amount.
It might be a strain thing too as I have Cannatonic in my capsules.

I'll make more dust when my Cannatonic gets ready.

I'm surprised so little even had an effect...

Thanx for the update, Des. I’ve had little success with including CBD in night time medication. While I find many CBD strains very relaxing and a good combatant against anxiety, it just doesn’t induce sleep for me. I’m still experimenting with different strains in search of that utopian remedy. I’m having better results with some heavy indicas in doses floating around 100mg. If I go much beyond that level I suffer from some of the worst depression during my restless periods at night that I’ve ever experienced. I think this is probably a personal issue rather than an across the spectrum norm, though.

It‘s interesting you mention the lengthy residual effect you’re experiencing. My normal regimen was a dose at night and additional medication in the morning to ward off the nasty symptoms of PTSD. Recently, I’m finding the lasting effects of my nighttime meds are offering pretty good results for daytime emotional stability on most days. I’m now successfully using a daytime dose only every other day.

The thing that I find very odd about the residual effect is the fact that I’m not experiencing the druggy, hungover effect I would expect from the aftermath of an indica but rather a relaxed but somewhat motivational effect that is a comfortable companion for most of the day.

Good luck in your quest
BCDD

Thanx for the update, Des. I’ve had little success with including CBD in night time medication. While I find many CBD strains very relaxing and a good combatant against anxiety, it just doesn’t induce sleep for me. I’m still experimenting with different strains in search of that utopian remedy. I’m having better results with some heavy indicas in doses floating around 100mg. If I go much beyond that level I suffer from some of the worst depression during my restless periods at night that I’ve ever experienced. I think this is probably a personal issue rather than an across the spectrum norm, though.

BCDD

Have you tried Hash Plant? That's what I use for night-time pain and insomnia. It's an indica from Crop King with 12.1% THC and 3.5% CBD. I love it. It's also what I use to make my pain cream. It's a great strain.

I took 0.04g last night, 1 hour before I went to bed.
The slight headache was not as bad as the previous night and I had a decent sleep.
Also, not as washed out in the morning.

When I have different strain available, I'll try those.
It's a quick and easy way to this with a decarb in the roasting bag and a little material.

I used to take lorazepam or diazepam before bed for years to stop muscle spasms, before I started experimenting with cannabis and oil infusion.

I might go down to 0.03g tonight

Now for something different.....

96F4B748-6F93-4BE5-9045-0A87E91755EE.jpeg

@Bucudinkydow has stumbled on the simple method of consuming ground decarbed bud. He’s been using the method for a while, but finds himself stymied over finding a way to get a consistent dose.

Weighing may be an option, if a good scale is available, in which case it’s a matter of finding the weight that brings the most consistency for you across strains and phenotypes. A good scale that weighs this tiny a dose can be more expensive than many of us are willing or able to put out, so we’re looking for other ways to make Dust work.

When we started talking about Dust he’d simply been wetting a finger and dipping into the decarbed and powdered buds, the same inefficient way I tend to do with cobs. I can testify that it’s not a good way to get consistent results. :laughtwo: We’ve since figured out that 1/8 tsp, loosely packed, comes close enough to 0.1 grams that we feel comfortable with that. Often though, 0.1 gram can hit much harder than expected.

First off, we wanted to alert the membership to this simple consumption method. We’re also hoping to engage some members in experimentation. @MagicJim has already jumped into the game with us, and he’s seeing promising results I’ll let him share. I’d like to see a wider participation of members and see what we can come up with along the lines of some general guidelines for this dosing method. I’m certain that once enough of us give it a try we’re going to see some patterns emerge.

The Process:

It couldn’t get any easier.

Decarb buds.

Grind into a fine powder, akin to the consistency of flour.

Dose.

What we’ve experienced:

This one caught us a little off-guard, even if it shouldn’t have. A few years back B A R and I discovered quite by accident that you’ll get higher, faster, and it’ll last longer if you decarb your buds first. IMHO, it’s because the conversion to THC has already occurred, and your system gets right to the business of euphoria, since you, in effect, took out the middleman.

We haven’t yet figured out why grinding buds into a fine powder makes so much difference in potency. It may simply be the dispersement of the oils, but we’re open to any and all theories.

For whatever reason, Dust, as we’ve come to call this method, creeps up on you with a slow rise over more than three hours, and the peak can carry longer than normal. My first experience with Dust was a dose approximate to 0.1 grams of Daddy’s Lil’ Devil, a cross by @Chris Scorpio of Dark Devil Auto and GDP. It kinda blew me away that day, carrying me right through a busy time with a soaring euphoria that seemed unending.

Since then I’ve played with some Carnival Dust, and found it to be as euphoric, if not more so than my typical methods of consumption.

My next step is to continue my exploration of mixing Carnival with Candida, but in Dust form instead of smoking flower.

I have a neighbor with emotional/anxiety challenges who was taking a pharma medicine he’d discontinued when it gave him unbearable side effects, and right about that time I discovered Dust. He’s been using it successfully now for the past couple weeks, taking about 0.1 grams once or twice a day.

I see great potential here for minimal processing and easy dosing. Anyone game? :cheesygrinsmiley:
I need a little more info on the actual process to decarb the buds.
It looks like you are heating a glass jar w/ a lid on it and buds inside. ??
Does the jar not break from heat ?

I decarb on a cookie sheet @ 240f for 110 minutes but I’m not worried about the odor. I have infused decarbed cannabis into grape seed oil using a mason jar in my insta pot. Never broke a jar. The oil wasn’t near as potent as capsules I filled with dust.

I use this for infusing oil. If you just want to decarb the bud but not infuse oil just don't add oil. Work well and is hands free set it and forget it.

Prior to using my Nova, I used granny’s ol‘ mason jar in my toaster oven. 250f for 45 minutes. Never heard of one breaking. I’d let the jar cool a bit to room temp. Still sealed, I’d then pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours with hopes that anything that was vaporized would condense without losing any of the goodness. In a judicially intolerant state, never had an opportunity to prove my thesis with lab tests, so who knows?!?!

Back
Top Bottom