Cannabis 'Farm' Is Raided

Lord Mong

DOZENS of cannabis plants have been seized in a drugs raid in one of Calderdale's most sought-after residental spots.

Officers executed a search warrant at a house in St Albans Road, Skircoat Green, Halifax.

Inside they found 48 plants and a suspected growing operation.

One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: "I have lived here for a number of years and did not notice anything odd.

"It comes as a complete surprise. I have not noticed any unusual activity. They keep themselves to themselves."

Another female neighbour said: "I am shocked. We saw the police here with sniffer dogs and wondered what was happening. But we didn't notice anything before."

Another neighbour said: "I had no idea. I am really shocked, but that's life."

Skircoat Green has some of the most expensive properties in Calderdale.

Some sell for more than £500,000. Officers also searched two

linked addresses in Bradford and found similar evidence of cannabis growing, as well as a motorbike believed stolen in Halifax.

A 45-year-old man was arrested and released on bail pending forensic and financial investigations.

Inspector Dave Whitehouse said the information came from the tip-off line CrimeStoppers.

He said: "I would urge people to use the CrimeStoppers number. The information does get acted on and does yield positive results."

Police used head cameras to gather evidence in the raid.

The cameras, which have only been used by the force for a few weeks, were originally brought in to film anti-social behaviour and domestic violence.

Sergeant Paul Banerjee, of the outer Halifax neighbourhood policing team, said: "The original concept was to use them for domestic violence incidents but they could potentially be used anywhere.

"We are not doing this covertly."

News Hawk- Lord Mong 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Halifax Courier
Author: Sarah Kelly
Copyright: Copyright © 2007
Website: https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local-news?articleid=3035171

Back
Top Bottom