Cannabis Flavonoid Derivative Kills Pancreatic Cancer Cells, Increases Survival

Study on cannabis chemical as a treatment for pancreatic cancer may have 'major impact,' Harvard researcher says

This is a major finding. Pancreatic cancer is a vicious killer.

Flavonoid Derivative of Cannabis Demonstrates Therapeutic Potential in Preclinical Models of Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer

The treatment works on both locally treated tumors and those not treated in a distant tumors and works with or without radiotherapy.

Cited by this study are other studies on the use of cannabinoids in treating cancer.

The five year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 8%. Anything that potentially increases survival and quality of life in this resistant-to-treatment cancer is a major breakthrough.

I want to be sure @SweetSue sees this.

Well..... no medical applications, eh? Any day now we can drop the lie and turn our researchers loose on human patients.

Someday. I refuse to hold to any other expectation than that cannabis take its rightful spot in the healing arts.

Thanks Alafornia. Good reading between the writing. :hug:

Thanks for this post, Al.
Having (found and) read it I feel one step closer to having a source of FBL-03G.
I’ve been having terrific difficulty locating a known Caflanone-rich strain for my medical garden.
Ngwa’s paper very deliberately talks about c.sativa not c.indica. I infer from the precision of language in the paper either that their (only?) plant source is a discrete sativa strain, or that sativas in general are a more useful source than c.indica. I wish I knew.
(I just lost 50kg to pancreatitis. I am trying to be as prepared as possible for the next likely phase. If I find a therapeutically useful source of FBL-03G, from cannabis or another plant or food source, I will post that back here for others to find).
:peace: :love:
Cheers.

Edit: maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I’m guessing the FB designation of FBL-03G is from Flavocure Biotech Inc who have probably managed to patent caflanone as their own.

Thanks for this post, Al.
Having (found and) read it I feel one step closer to having a source of FBL-03G.
I’ve been having terrific difficulty locating a known Caflanone-rich strain for my medical garden.
Ngwa’s paper very deliberately talks about c.sativa not c.indica. I infer from the precision of language in the paper either that their (only?) plant source is a discrete sativa strain, or that sativas in general are a more useful source than c.indica. I wish I knew.
(I just lost 50kg to pancreatitis. I am trying to be as prepared as possible for the next likely phase. If I find a therapeutically useful source of FBL-03G, from cannabis or another plant or food source, I will post that back here for others to find).
:peace: :love:
Cheers.

Edit: maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I’m guessing the FB designation of FBL-03G is from Flavocure Biotech Inc who have probably managed to patent caflanone as their own.

Found this:

Caflanone, or FBL-03G, has been derived from an endemic strain of cannabis sativa found in Jamaica called Black Swan.

PS. They have Orphan drug status in the US and found a way to synthesize it. The plant contains 0.14%. I don't know the needed serum concentration for effecitve action.

Found this:

Caflanone, or FBL-03G, has been derived from an endemic strain of cannabis sativa found in Jamaica called Black Swan.

And seedfinder points me to exotic genetics who haven’t seen it in years. There is some doubt whether theirs was the original Jamaican landrace anyway. No seed vendor I have contacted can find it in a catalogue. I’ve been in contact with the authors of some of these articles. Not always the researchers, but the journalists trying to find a clue as to how to get to this.
Had plenty of luck in my search so far, just none of the right kind.

I hope your luck improves.

Back
Top Bottom