Cannabis History, Mexican & Columbian, Help

Jamie Jack

420 Member
Hello,

I came across an old vial of seeds from the old days; about 20 to 25 years ago. He he, remember when we used to save them? It was from an era when we were buying bags of Mexican/Columbian, which were full of seeds. I decided to grow some of them this spring. 50% germination rate gave me 5 plants, 3 of which did not survive. 1 of the 2 surviving plants was stunted. So now I have one 5 foot spectacular plant which has just started flowering. It looks more Indica, and has extremely large fan leaves, over 18 inches across. A unique feature is where the serration on the leaves is far more pronounced than anything I have ever grown, not just on the leaf edges, but right across the leaf to the main vein.

Can anyone inform me of what type of cannabis this might be? Would it be correct to call it a landrace? Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J J

25 years ago. Other genetics were starting to make their way to Mexico. The indica bug hit some of them too. Mostly in hybrids. I noticed the influx of indica genetics from Mexico around then. I have even had basically skunk weed come compressed into kilo's. Weather it was for size or early harvest. They some of them mixed genetics just like everyone else.

What I don't know is how prevalent this was. With so much open pollination going on down there. It only took a few people doing it for genetics to start spreading. What you have could be one of those. What really matters is how it smoke. If it is great who cars what or where it came from.

Biggest leaf I have ever seen came from a huge sativa grown outdoors in Oregon. 13 fingers and it was massive

Back
Top Bottom