Cannabis law reform in New Zealand for 2014 or 2015 is a dream

Schlachtschif

After living in New Zealand for 20 years, I am going to offer my insights into Cannabis law reform in New Zealand and why ending within the next 10 years will be difficult.

At the moment in New Zealand there is a movement to see if the New Zealand Government will allow Medical Cannabis but its not likely to happen because earlier this year the National Party won again and one of the Vice Health Ministers who has been appointed who is Peter Dunne is a hard supporter of Cannabis Prohibition and also the Labour Party which is led by Andrew Little has put Medical Cannabis on the back burner and will not even consider allowing Medical Cannabis in New Zealand.

The Media in New Zealand also seizes at any chance to make negative news on Cannabis for example if someone goes violent or etc, you can bet it will be on the 6 o clock news in New Zealand or newspapers within hours or days. Earlier this year the New Zealand media did a small report on a American lady from Colorado who has 3 children, one of them has epilepsy and because of the New Zealand Government refusal to allow her access to Medical Cannabis, they were forced to move back to Colorado for treatment. The Health Minister currently Jonathan Coleman and Vice Health Minister Peter Dunne have so far allowed no one to medical cannabis, the Health Ministers in New Zealand have the power to do so but they won't.

(for Jessika Guests story ref: Family to split for daughter's sake | Essential Mums)

A few years ago, the New Zealand Law Commission along with the Royal Commission around 2011 recommended that New Zealand should allow Medical Cannabis at the very least and instead the report was dismissed by Prime Minister John Key, Health Minister Tony Ryall and Vice Health Minister Peter Dunne. Currently on the Government's Cannabis Policy in New Zealand, it still states Cannabis has no health benefits.

Who shares the blame on Cannabis Prohibition in New Zealand?

In my opinion both the Government and Media themselves are to blame on Cannabis Prohibition along with the General public and Anti Cannabis Groups like Family First run by Bob McCoskrie and New Zealand Center for Political Research Dr Muriel Newman.

The reason I see with the Anti Cannabis groups with having to take the blame is at every health meeting I have been at the Ministry of Health building in Wellington, these people will show up and will try to lie to the people chairing the meeting, Family First does show up and their lies include Cannabis being altered or etc.

Their modus operandi is to keep prohibition going at all costs.

The New Zealand public in general does support prohibition and serious penalties on anyone caught

In my opinion on Cannabis Reform in New Zealand there is no hope, even some of the Cannabis reform people who I know in Wellington are considering moving to the US

Bro - time for change in NZ- NORML NZ does sweet F all in our days. They can push through the sales of synthetic sokeables but not actual cannabis? WTH is going on man? we have gone backwards in a major way IMO. We has a government back in the 80's who had the idea and the insight but he was shut down and its been an up hill struggle since. NORML NZ is no more than a boys club of friends of friends of politicians and they STILL cannot get shit done. And you said it bro 'Their modus operandi is to keep prohibition going at all costs". Because there is huge money in pharmaceuticals and synthetics if buds are still illegal no? We need to replace NORML NZ with a pro active organisation who are actually going to stand up for kiwis and their autonomous rights as adults. Hell, we used to be the beta for many a country with ATM cards and other shit models when it comes to something that actually matters to people and their lives which would have a positive effect if they'd just let it. Look at the rest of the world waking up! ...man NZ is turning to shit under the repeats of the National Gvt. so called voted into power. All our politicians need to wake up and see that this could have a postiitve effect if they want it to. All I can say is i wish I could leave this fukn shit hole place and not come back.

Bro - time for change in NZ- NORML NZ does sweet F all in our days. They can push through the sales of synthetic sokeables but not actual cannabis? WTH is going on man? we have gone backwards in a major way IMO. We has a government back in the 80's who had the idea and the insight but he was shut down and its been an up hill struggle since. NORML NZ is no more than a boys club of friends of friends of politicians and they STILL cannot get shit done. And you said it bro 'Their modus operandi is to keep prohibition going at all costs". Because there is huge money in pharmaceuticals and synthetics if buds are still illegal no? We need to replace NORML NZ with a pro active organisation who are actually going to stand up for kiwis and their autonomous rights as adults. Hell, we used to be the beta for many a country with ATM cards and other shit models when it comes to something that actually matters to people and their lives which would have a positive effect if they'd just let it. Look at the rest of the world waking up! ...man NZ is turning to shit under the repeats of the National Gvt. so called voted into power. All our politicians need to wake up and see that this could have a postiitve effect if they want it to. All I can say is i wish I could leave this fukn shit hole place and not come back.

Back
Top Bottom