Cannabis Life & Times Of BTzGrow

Good luck with it. Ebb & Flow has been around for years and has proved its worth. There have been lots of improvements to hydro systems over time. Not because the older stuff was not working. Mostly because nerdy types like to reinvent shit LMAO.

The last Saturday of July, wow where has the year gone. I spent a little time reflecting and taking an inventory of what I have accomplished and what plans are going forward. I have finished two grows so far with the most recent harvest and hanging of the Berry Bomb clones I was gifted in April from @Agemon. They are about halfway through the drying period. Previously, I harvested two Gold Leaf plants that have produced a reasonably nice yield and a great smoke.

I currently have in flower three plants. A single Triple Cheese that is slightly over 4feet tall and halfway through it's flowering cycle. Two more Super Lemon Haze share the new 2x4 Gorilla Grow tent and are a little behind the TC in maturing. I'm anticipating a higher yield per plant that previously experienced, do to the size of these plants.

I have another 8 plants in very early veg cycle stage. 4 are in a new Ebb & Flow system using 100% perlite. These have been started in the 2x2x4 veg tent under the 100watt HLG quantum board. They will be moved into the 2x2.5x6'7" Gorilla Grow tent perhaps this weekend.

The other 4 are intially started in small Solo Cup sized Stadium cups with a Hempy Bucket drain. I took a total of 8 clones from the Triple Cheese before flipping, and just bring myself to throwing out viable plants. First World Struggles! These I'm going to let them establish a nice root system over the next 2x3 weeks and then move them into a larger 1 gallon hempy bucket. Let them get comfy in those buckets for a couple more weeks then flip. As I move them into flip they will all be moved over into the new 2x4 GGT and perhaps I will start something else. Maybe some nice little Autos to finish out the year?

All in all, I have 11 plants moving toward harvest by the end of the year. My hope is the yield from these will be slightly above a pound.

I haven't quite gotten to the point of starting another journal for my backup clone project. Here's a couple of pictures from July 25th

And from today, July 28th.

My plan is to let some root formation happen and re-pot into larger Hempy Buckets. We shall see what the future holds for these four.

Thanks, they are looking very nice and healthy indeed.

I'm seeing something very interesting between these and the other four that have been put into the Ebb&Flow method and I don't feel it has much to do with the ebb&flow and more to do with light source.

These are under a single T5 6200 blue veg grow spectrum bulb. The others have been under LED since they we potted up. I have used the T5 in my Clone/Seedling box and only been using a single bulb because of the heat the two bulbs create during the summer. I have know since my first grow that the T5 appears to create extremely tight nodes.

Here is a picture of one pair of the other clones that were taken at the same time and have been under LED.

They basically have the same number of new growth nodes and yet are much taller with more nodal spacing. I like that especially early on in the initial part of the veg cycle. Keeping them tighter longer seems to have worked really well for past grows.

So I've decided when I move these out of the S/C box that I'll move the T5 2bulb fixture with them and continue vegging for a while longer while the roots develop and fill the small solo cup sized Stadium cups. Perhaps another two weeks and then pot up and decide what to do at that point. Eventually they will need to go under the HLG Quantum board before they are flipped.

These are were actually just to be an experiment, but it appears they may become more of a side by side to compare the veg cycle growth and node spacing. Interesting indeed!

I'll post a couple of more pictures of single plants side on in a few days and compare.

I have had great luck with my T-5 light. Mine is the big 4' one with 8 bulbs. I have noticed that tight spacing you are talking about. Last year was the first time I moved the plants under the HID light earlier. I was amazed at how much more growth I got from them. Now the plan is to switch them after my first re-potting when I switch to 1 gallon pots. The right light at the right time can do wonders with the final product.

I've always felt they Double Bulb T5 2footer I started with had some magical qualities for starting a plant. I just never ran a clone comparison basically side by side before. I'm beginning to feel that the T5 6200K blue bulbs are excellent for initial root development. I'm going to hold off with the up potting for as long as I can and see where it goes.

Lessons learned. When you have a plant that grows to extreme heights that created issues perhaps it might not be good idea to clone and grow 7 of them. I looks like I'm going to need to cull out some of the huge monsters in my flowering tent. They look so healthy but this Triple Cheese strain is a monster. I'm going to try and hold out a couple more weeks and move four of them outside to finish off flowering.

On another note I dropped two seeds this morning. They are Lemon Juice Express Auto freebies I got from Seedsman.

Description: Lemon Juice Express Auto is 80% indica that was bred from a Jack Herer and a Haze Auto. It is a short to medium-sized plant that is ready to harvest in a maximum of 70 days from germination.
Lemon Juice Express exudes a marked perfume of pine and lemon during its flowering phase. Its dense buds carry that over to the flavour which makes you think you have a lemon sweet in your mouth. It can grow indoors as well as outdoors; indoor yields are between 30 - 60 gr/plant while outdoors plants will grow taller ( 70 - 120 cm.) and yield between 30 - 90 gr/plant. THC levels are about 13% with 0.2%b CBD. The effect is invigorating, clear and mostly cerebral.

My plans at the moment are to propagate in Root Riots and then transplant into the 2gal Lowes Hempy buckets I use.

I want to still try the Ebb & Flow with this but not use the pots that have holes all around the bottom. I found that the plants don't make an effort to fill the perlite with root growth and therefore are not as stable as I have experience with pure Hempy grows.

My direction will be to pour to waste during the veg cycle and then move into the Ebb&Flow system as the auto's go start stretch. I'm hoping that the root structure will fill the pots more completely and then flooding perhaps once a day will provide enough nutrients for the growth.

Experiments! They never end do they. That's why I'm using some freebie seeds and only two. Hoping to do most of the veg under the T5 two bulb and move under the Perfect Sun Mini at about 4 weeks. Very light LST TBD.

Very good lesson!
Yes, even though I have super cropped them there are a couple of tips that are experiencing some light damage. It wouldn't be quite the same issue if I didn't have these sitting on top of the reservoir tote for the Ebb&Flow. That adds about 14inches to my total height used in the tent. This is just a monster strain for growth.

Interesting description, and very confusing:

Okay...let's continue.

Pinene is one of the terpenes most associated with the head high that comes from a sativa rather than an indica, but I'm willing to keep reading.

Now they've lost me! That's 80% indica?
I agree! I'm a bit confused also. That's kind of why I submitted the description. Glad I'm not the only one lost. I know Jack Herer is Sativa. My research on Haze is coming up over and over again as Sativa also. Not sure where the Indica comes from. This description is directly from the Seedsman site. It will be an adventure for sure.

Interesting description, and very confusing:

Okay...let's continue.

Pinene is one of the terpenes most associated with the head high that comes from a sativa rather than an indica, but I'm willing to keep reading.

Now they've lost me! That's 80% indica?

Funny shit. I see that a lot in strain descriptions. Lots of breeders just say what they think people want to hear. With a million strains out there. To sell one something needs to stand out for it to rise above the rest. Lots do this with words and not genetics. Breeders have become like politicians. They will say anything to get you to buy into what they are selling.

Not saying it was different in the old days. I'm just saying strain descriptions were a lot more believable 10 years ago.

I dropped 2 of the Lemon Juice Express Auto seeds on Sunday and with Tap roots showing this morning placed them into a propagation tray with a dome lid this morning. Here is the new Journal I started.

Funny shit. I see that a lot in strain descriptions. Lots of breeders just say what they think people want to hear. With a million strains out there. To sell one something needs to stand out for it to rise above the rest. Lots do this with words and not genetics. Breeders have become like politicians. They will say anything to get you to buy into what they are selling.

Not saying it was different in the old days. I'm just saying strain descriptions were a lot more believable 10 years ago.
Funny you mention that! I just did a lineage search on Bop Gun, which is listed as Indica / Sativa: 80/20, and parentage of Dosidos x Papaya.

Not sure how they know it's 80/20 as this is the full lineage:
Bop Gun = Dosidos x Papaya
Dosidos = Girl Scout Cookies x Face Off OG (OG Kush pheno)
Girl Scout Cookies = OG Kush x Durban Poison
Papaya = Jock Horror x Skunk #1
Jock Horror = Mexican Haze x Northern Lights x Skunk #1

There are nine strains bred to create it.

Back
Top Bottom