Cannabis Life & Times Of BTzGrow

BTzGrow

Hello and Welcome,

I'm intending this a personal journey where I can record and share if others are interested my thoughts, musings, and ideas about my cannabis growing experiences. There are times I wish to put down thoughts and ideas about my growing that are not related directly to my individual grows in process. Other times I would like to record a result about a previous grow that can't be added to finished grows. Thanks for stopping by.

Currently I have one active grow and another I'm just beginning. One is withing 3-4 weeks of harvesting. It is my fifth grow and I have two Gold Leaf that are doing quite well. The other one I'm just starting, my sixth is starting with a Triple Cheese. The seed just dropped and popped within the last week. I will be dropping another two seeds that are SLH(super lemon haze) which I have grown before with great success. I'm spacing their drop because of the vitality I normally see from the SLH, I wanted to give the Triple Cheese a little head start.

One of my directions I'm going with currently is to lower the plant count in my growing environment. My current tent inventory is limited to a 2'x2.5' floor space Gorilla Grow tent that I use for final veg and stretch/flowering. I added the optional extension so it is almost 6and a half feet tall. My second is a 2x2 tent given to me by my brother @FelipeBlu that is much shorter at 4feet and good for starts and vegging.

Past grows have been with 5 and six plants crowding into the 2x2.5 flowering tent and have yielded about 5 ounces. Lots of effort in dealing with that many plants in such a small space. I decided to reduce the plant count as I have plenty of home grown inventory of several varieties and not longer feel the need to push on building it. Now I can concentrate on lower plant count and see how 2 or three plants in the same space yield. If I get about the same or a little more, I will consider that progress forward. Using less nutrients per grow will be a minimal advantage, however the number of gallons being mixed and pours is reduced by half and equated to less time involved in that part of the grow.

I just placed an order for seeds and went in rather deep to take advantage of shipping. I did purchase from Seedsman a sponsor here, so I will feel free to mention the name.

I purchased;
UK Cheese Auto Feminized Seeds - 10
Sensi Star Feminized Seeds - 3
Lemon Juice Express Auto Feminised Seeds - 5

Additionally they have free seed rewards to I got the following free:
FREE SEEDS from Humboldt - Lemon Juice Express Auto - 2
Feminized Freebies – 3 Seedsman Jack Herer Feminized -3
Feminized Freebies – 3 Seedsman Bruce Banger Feminized -3

I'm really happy with the extra Lemon Juice Express and the Jack Herer, but the Bruce Banger has a diesel in it, and I haven't appreciated the taste in the past. Might be looking for a trade for those.

This morning I received a email form a seed source I purchase from last time. Always has 10 for 10 specials. I have been wanting to purchase his Skywalker OG. It's on sale for $119 for 10 and 10 extra for free. Will most likely make that purchase today.

Dropped a couple of Super Lemon Haze seeds in water a couple of days ago. Seeds have popped and showing about 1-2mm's of tap root. Went ahead an dropped them pointy root end up in Root Riots and in a small propagation tray in the Veg tent. I will start a grow journal for the SLH grow when they actually produce their sprouts and I move them into Hempy Buckets.

Currently I have the Triple Cheese in the same veg tent and put the light on a 18/6 timer. Did some figures and found that the light reading is at 400 and my micro moles per day at 400 PPFD works out to be 25. Should be the sweet spot for Veg Cycle.

Also starting a DIY light project for brother @FelipeBlu. Constructing two light fixtures using two 65watt HLG quantum light boards in each rack. Hope to have it ready to for him to move into flowering in about 4weeks. I'll post a progress report here with pictures of the finished project and light readings for different heights and coverage before I hand it off to him. Considering a little step by step build documentary of the process to show how I'm putting it together. Might be helpful for others.

My two little SLH seeds have not only popped but now have at least two inches of sprouting with their two tiny little cotyledons leafs. So cute, will wait another couple of days to see the next step with their first true leaves.

The SLH have now been transplanted into my 2gal perlite hempy buckets. Currently in the seedling box with the Triple cheese.
. Typical for this particular strain they have sprouted very quickly and have very long stems and already working on their first set of leaves after the Cotyledons.

Hosted a gathering yesterday here in San Diego. In attendance were: @SweetSue, @DrDoob , @InTheShed , @Agemon , and @Archiweedies with his son. We had a great event with lots of growing conversations, sampled others product, had some seed trading, and Shed and Age brought clones to give away. We had a simple cookout fare as that really wasn't the intention, just something to keep us in the mood to stay longer. I made one of my Mexican Lime Pies (similar to a Key Lime Pie) which combined with the "loaded" brownies Doob & Sue brought was a perfect topper to the evening.

I felt greatly rewarded to be able to share in this experience. Most in attendance are very active on the 420 growers forum and I learned a lot about how and who is on the forum. I'm hoping that we can include perhaps a few more fellow SoCal growers and others from around the country in the future. I would say if a fellow 420 forum grower comes to SD, we will have some more gathering to meet and make friends. As it is, I feel we are all thinking a later fall event would be nice to do also.

I came away with an exceptional experience from the entire afternoon and evening. Most stayed long enough to visit with my girls in the flower tent. Consensus was one was ready to go to the dark for harvest later this week. I had been on the fence about that.

Feeling very grateful today, BTz

I harvested my second plant from my current 5th grow of Gold Leaf. It is very likely the yield off of 2.1 will be double the yield from 2.2 who had difficulty initially during the seedling stage.

For both of them, I feel I had some major issues with nutrient deficiency after stretch started. It would appear that I had a major change from using filtered tap water to RO with nutrients only.

Good lessons learned I hope. Though I'm not sure how to compensate for the difference in water nutrients numbers wise.

I have been working of finding a good cost efficient RO system for the house, however now I'm considering just a good 3 stage filter system and see where that gets the numbers down to.

Started my DIY Light Rack project. Brother @FelipeBlu and I are collaborating on this build. He bought the boards from Amazon in a sweet 4board deal. I have bought all the other items to put it together. In return he gifted to me a Perfect Sun Mini. The materials equal about what the Mini originally cost. I get some experience working through the design and process. I've written the 420 Admins to ask where I can post a Build Journal. I'm thinking it will go nicely in the Growers Lounge. I'll keep updating the process there, after I get an approval from Teddy.

Today I flipped my Berry Bomb clones from Agemon. I had them for about 3weeks and they come to me as monsters to begin with. I had the Triple Cheese in the larger tent with them so it was moved over to the Veg tent. While I was at it I moved the SLH not so small seedlings into the same tent. There are large enough to move and start getting used to the light spectrum of the Perfect Sun LED Mini light I have in there.

Interesting thread. I agree with a multifaceted journal. So much more goes while growing. Whether it plant related or not. I will try and keep up.

Congrats on the get together. It would be fun to sit and bullshit with a group of growers.

A picture of my Veg Tent getting quite crowded.
The Triple Cheese in the back at 7weeks and the SLH girls up front at a little over 5weeks. It's going to look very different in a little over a weeks when I next see them. Fortunately I have someone to water while I'm gone.

It was an amazing gathering of wonderful folks, and a huge :thanks: for opening your home to us.

:welldone: BT.
I’m so jealous! Would love to do that sometime. I’m going to be in Vegas the week of 9/9, for my 69th birthday. That’s as close as I get to CA. Lol. Glad you all had a good time.

I’m so jealous! Would love to do that sometime. I’m going to be in Vegas the week of 9/9, for my 69th birthday. That’s as close as I get to CA. Lol. Glad you all had a good time.
This was our third get together. I'm sure there will be more. In the past we have centered our gatherings around @SweetSue visits here. Perhaps touch base with her and see if she will let you know when she is headed this way. If you come out on your own, I'm sure we would find a reason to have another gathering.

This was our third get together. I'm sure there will be more. In the past we have centered our gatherings around @SweetSue visits here. Perhaps touch base with her and see if she will let you know when she is headed this way. If you come out on your own, I'm sure we would find a reason to have another gathering.

I expect to be a regular visitor to San Diego, and I plan to continue traveling around visiting members in other states. There’s every possibility that a spontaneous gathering of members may spring up in the areas I visit. The universe brims with opportunity. You never know Pinktiger. :battingeyelashes:

So I dropped the hammer on buying a new tent. I have been really please with Gorilla Grow Tent and their product line. I have a GGT lite that is a 2x2.5 footprint and was originally 5'7" tall. I did add a one foot extension last year that makes it 6'7" tall.

Recently I have been confronted with plants that are getting too big for the space I have for flowering. (Problem???) I have been looking at the GGT and looking at the 2x4, 3x3, and the 4x4. Unfortunately, they have been sold out of those options.

I called on Tuesday morning and talked with McMahon one of their customer service sales reps and he confirmed they would be restocking mid June. I mentioned I had been checking distributors who were charging much more instead of less. He sent me a couple of references via an email. After checking, I found the price points much more reasonable.

This morning I purchased a 2x4x6'7" Gorilla Grow Lite for $210 including shipping. My idea is to start concentrating on growing less plants bigger. I'm actually feeling that I won't exceed three plants in the new 2x4, typically keeping it down to 2 plants at a time. In my smaller 2x2.5 perhaps only a single plant at a time like my first grow. To my thinking less plants require less work and less actually resources.

One major additional bonus of chatting with McMahon at GGT was he mentioned some people daisy chain their tents or connect them with a Y manifold, pulling air from two or more tents. As long as the blower has the capacity. With the new tent and the old tent both being 2foot deep, the pass thru's will connect to each other or line up with the Y Manifold perfectly.

Really happy with with my final decision and choices. Nice!!!

I found I was much happier when I upgraded my tent. Plants liked it better too.

Plant counts can be tough. I totally understand getting more out of each plant. Dropping your plant count may not be the best way to do it. I know room is the biggest factor to consider. They have to have room to grow. My problem with dropping plant counts come when you consider plant problems. I always liked to have more smaller plants just incase I had troubles with a strain or plants. It is easier to make up for a small plant or 2. Losing a big plant you have a lot invested in hurts.

Thanks for your input. I guess in my experience I haven't had a major issue with my plants. I have had some plants that under performed. I'm just looking forward to seeing if I can increase yield.

Back
Top Bottom