Cannabis Life & Times Of BTzGrow

I have had an interesting thought and question that has come up since my most recent smoke test. Does a higher THC contribute to a longer high? My most recent smoke (Triple Cheese) seems to have a longer residual high.

Most really intense highs seem to last about 2hours before they appear to start dissipating. This particular grow seems to last longer than 3hrs before beginning to diminish. It could of course be my imagination or other conditions in the moment. I will continue to test. :ganjamon:

I think length of high is strain to strain thing. There is more to it than strength. Extra strength might make it more noticeable. Cheese strains are great for noticeable highs to begin with. Even at low THC compared to lots of strains. Cheese highs shine right through. Add a few more percentage points to the THC and it could be a slap you in the face noticeable.

Of course more testing is needed lol. You are probably taking a little more notice of the high because it is new and you are analyzing it. Triple Cheese should have a higher THC % than normal Cheese strain. If not why breed it.

Real interested of the outcome. I have a Triple Cheese freebie that I want to try someday.

Thanks for your reply on this. There is certainly a very different way this high comes on and now that you mention it similar to the way the UK Cheese I have comes on. It just appears to be a more intense and longer lasting high. I'm really liking the cheese breeds.

My initial reactions was a complete wowed blown away experience. As I didn't have any preconceived ideas of what to expect the length of the high just really caught me by surprise. Certainly a bonus.

I will suggest you be very careful with how long you veg the Triple Cheese. The strain I have has been really leggy and the stretch is amazing. Allow plenty of head room if you let it get over 16-18" in veg.

I started a couple of seeds several weeks back and they failed. Kind of a blessing since my plant that should be almost ready to harvest isn't getting close yet. I'm going to use my smaller Gorilla Grow tent as my veg tent and my larger 2x4 Gorilla Grow tent as my flowering tent. Perhaps still use the small Chinese tent for early propagation and seedling efforts.

My future efforts seem to be pointing me in less plants each time and focusing on quality along with larger sizes perhaps. This latest effort with the Triple Cheese has shown me that I can handle great heights with certainly techniques including super cropping. That's if I don't use the Ebb&Flow system. I'm looking to try again and see where that goes but with fewer plants and a different potting system.

So I'm waiting a little longer before starting some new seeds until I see evidence that progress is being made from my single flowering plant in the small GGT.

I would say either the Triple Cheese was a perfect blend of genetics or you got a great pheno. Could be either. Like I mentioned Cheese strains very enjoyable to smoke. Find one with higher THC rating would make it great.

When you mention 15 to 18 inches. How tall of tent is that for?

I would say either the Triple Cheese was a perfect blend of genetics or you got a great pheno. Could be either. Like I mentioned Cheese strains very enjoyable to smoke. Find one with higher THC rating would make it great.

When you mention 15 to 18 inches. How tall of tent is that for?
My tents are 6'7" and I have the lights adjusted all the way at the top as far up as they can be hung. With super cropping I have less than 6inches between the lights and the tops of many of the branches. Far too close and there is some minimal light damage. The colas seems to like the extra light.

I agree this is an excellent pheno for the high. Being my second cheese grow I have been very pleased with both.

Wow that did get big for a cheese strain. I have only did the Exodus Cheese and my plants have stayed short and bushy so far. Right now I have a couple Liberty Haze that I am wondering about. With the 60 x 60 tent the plants on the outside row can't grow into the lights. Pretty sure the L.H. would push the envelope if I didn't have the back row.

I'm moving into a new direction of growing. The last two years I have been exclusively growing inside with my Gorilla Grow tents and Perfect Sun Mini lights. Recent developments have led to some concerns of equipment failure leading to potential fire when I'm not in the home. (Even though I typically leave the house to drive uber between 4-9pm when I have the lights off anyway.)

So I have moved my current plants outdoors and they are very happy in the high intensity sunlight. Given that I have discovered that during this period of time I can still get sunlight exposure between 9am and 4pm in the range of 1700 to almost 2000 PPFD.

Lowest daytime temperatures in San Diego even during the worse of winter is typically around 60degrees. With the higher intensity PPFD and a watchful eye on night temperatures I might be able to grow a little something during the winter. At least there shouldn't be much of a pest problem? Adapt and Overcome!

I am prohibited from using lights indoors anymore. So bringing them in at night when temps are reduced would be the idea. I'm only looking at doing one or two this winter and seeing what results I get our of Auto seeds.

Bummer. On the bright side. San Diego should have good enough weather to finish them fine. It will probably take a little extra care but like you said you have to adapt.

One thing to mention. I am amazed at how much bud the plants are making in the LED tent I have growing. There is just 1 Timber COB led in there with them. If fire is a issue than it is because of draw on the outlet. The fact that these COB's run on 100 watts they draw very little power. Maybe you could figure out a low power grow for spring and summer. Something like this could also work for getting starts ready to go out for a winter flower if it works this year.

I'm very familiar with electrical power and draw and all of the safety needed. My wiring is overrated and there are either circuit breakers or fuses in line with the set up.

My Perfect Sun Mini's draw about 110 watts also and are fused. The Blower I have is really high quality and draws less that 60 watts and is fused. One of the concerns was the monkey fan that actually draws less than 25watts. Unfortunately it is not fused or protected. So all told my electrical use on one single outlet in the wall is under 5amps.

The apparent concern is regarding a post here on 420 that a grower had smelled electrical odor from a Monkey Fan. Given the close proximity of a monkey fan to the apparent flammable walls on tents is an additional concern.

The major concern appears that there are extended times each day (4-8hrs) that I'm not present. Interestingly during that time I schedule my lights out time between 3-9pm during veg cycle and 3pm-3am during flower so there is minimal use other than the blower and the monkey fan as potential fire hazards.

I am considering using my 2foot T5 fixture which is fused and only draws about 54watts in the seedling box I made a couple of years ago for starting. That should be for a couple of weeks and I would also have it turned off while I'm out between 3-9pm.

On the bright side you are correct. The weather in San Diego is generally fairly awesome. There are sometimes cold nights in the low 40's to low 50's. A keen eye on that and I could move a plant or two in from the patio at dusk into an empty indoor tent that has no equipment in it. Since I'm I'll be growing Auto's during this period that shouldn't be an issue. Additionally the Sun Intensity is creating between 1700 - 2000 PPFD for about 6 hrs each day. That should be enough to equal the Daily Light Intervals (DLI) I need to grow a decent auto. After about the beginning of April there should be to much of a temp issue anyway.

I dropped a seed in water today to soak. It's a Purple Haze Auto so hopefully I will see some interesting colors especially with growing outdoors in cooler weather. I'm going to estimate a 10week grow period at the end of January. If this one takes off in the next couple of weeks I might start another Auto. Maybe I'll have an interesting looking Christmas Tree or two by the 25th. :p

Back
Top Bottom