Cannabis Life & Times Of BTzGrow

I found a new Ball Jar product while in Mexico this weekend. I was checking out the Smart & Final in Ensenada and just by chance walked by and noticed these on the shelf near the end cap.
View media item 1730336There were some pint wide-mouth in a 4pak and I think some 1/2pint wide-mouth also.

Getting home I checked and they are also available here in the states and in many sizes and styles. I will be only buying these in the future. They do appear to be a little more expensive than the clear. Perhaps because of several reasons including how perfect they would be for curing and storing cannabis.

I have found that UV rays don't penetrate the walls of my house or shed! And dark spaces seem so easy to find in a house that I haven't found clear glass to be much of an issue. They do look cool though!
LOL! you crack me up all the time. I do share your thoughts on that subject and I do store my jars in a very nice cool and dark place. I certainly don't want to have my stock on display for anyone who just happens by.

However there are times especially when going through the initial cure when I want to have my jars where I can access them easily. Having amber jars that block UV would be a great option for those times.

They are very cool looking and since the cost is close to the clear glass I just felt they are a great option.

I have a couple Blue ones. The fact that I have 3 dozen wide mouth quarts already I best stick with what I have. Replacing would be to costly. Plus there is the fact I have been reusing these jars for a few years without cleaning them. Tons of trichomes left in them. I could get high for a few days just on what is in the bottom of my jars LOL.

I have a couple Blue ones. The fact that I have 3 dozen wide mouth quarts already I best stick with what I have. Replacing would be to costly. Plus there is the fact I have been reusing these jars for a few years without cleaning them. Tons of trichomes left in them. I could get high for a few days just on what is in the bottom of my jars LOL.
I would never suggest replacing and getting rid of clear ones. I have a collection of my own. That would be a waste not to speak of the left behind Trichomes.

This is just a new product that Ball just released and I felt it should be shared for potential opportunities. I needed to consolidate some of my stock into a the larger jars and that opens up the smaller clear quart jars for more new curing.

I will say as I need more I'm planning to add in some more of the Amber jars.

Yeah I have to agree. Any replacements I make as I go along will be the amber ones. I don't mind the extra cost even if the jars are in the dark anyway. It won't hurt that is for sure. I have only broke one jar so it may take a while. Cleaning glass out of weed is harder than it sounds. I cut my finger rolling a joint LOL.

I just finished jarring up my final harvest of the two Triple Cheese clones. Total yield was 3ounces. There was some bud root on both and certainly didn't make the final cut. I'm guessing I would have had at least another ounce.

This particular strain had issues with Bud Rot. I won't grow it again. The other difficulty with this strain is that it stretched really tall and got up into the lights. Lots of super cropping to get the final result. A great learning experience for sure.

Sorry to hear about the bud rot. With my humidity levels in the winter I might be able to get the Triple Cheese through to finish. Glad I saw this so I can keep that in mind. The fact that they got cheese to produce big enough buds to get Bud Rot is a good sign though.

I have one strain I rarely grow because of bud rot issues. With all the easier strains out there it is hard to grow a strain that has issues. My Blue Dream has issues on the other end LOL. It has trouble with root rot and can only be grown at times when the soil won't get to warm. At least it is strong enough to be worth any extra effort.

So whats up next BTzGrow?

So whats up next BTzGrow?

I'm going to take a little break from growing I'm currently working on preparing to sell the house I'm living in and need to reduce the number of projects I'm in involved in until I get settled in my new location. As it is I have several ounces that should get me through a very long stretch if needed. I'm looking forward to hopefully starting something in the fall of 2020 hopefully. Even then it will be auto's and I'm going to revisit the Ebb&Flow idea with a Hempy attitude.

No outdoor Autos during the Spring/Summer?
I’m planning to start 6 (CA personal limit) in March/April (outside in a cold frame/poly tunnel). Then after harvesting them in June, I’ll start 6 more, which should be ready to harvest in October before the fall rains start.

A little update for the end of January. Things are moving along nicely toward making a residence move. I have entered escrow on a Manufactured Home in East Hemet California. It's actually between Hemet and Idyilwild. Right now it's looking like I'm going to be able to have a dedicated room inside for grow and making custom wine. A master bedroom and a second bedroom for guest and projects. The inside growing room is going to be a major bonus as it will give me some additional environmental control ability.

I'm going to build a large shed out back and a really nice deck on the north side (front) looking towards Mt Gorgonio which keeps a little snow on the peak year round. View media item 1748536 To the south is a view that will be seen from the new deck of Mt. San Jacinto. Both of these mountains I hiked numerous times in my youth.

A final bonus to my move is the utility costs are going to be dropping almost in half. Where it cost me approximately $50 a month to run three lights, blowers and fans it should cost about $25-$30. I'm going to install a RO system in the kitchen that will provide good clean water for both me and the plants. I have been buying my RO for the last year so not having to go out and fill multiple gallons at a time will be a big time saver also.

Some of my friends here have visited in San Diego and enjoyed a grower get together and I plan to host some more though it will be a little further north and inland some. At least @Archiweedies and I will be able to visit as we are only about 20miles from each other.

I'll keep you posted as the move progress. B-)

Back
Top Bottom