Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I been using this product for almost 20 years. I bugged my dispensary to post the stats on their amber oil that is made the same method rick simpson adopted out of curiosity to see what the ptency is. After several months they got the numbers , 93% THC and 12% CBD and the product costs $20 per gram in 3-5 gram increments. Is this a decent price for a product like that if getting from a medical source?

Hi Wildrosebud...I'm interested in your post on your stats for the concentrate .... Those numbers are terrific. I'm curious though, is that the content of THC/CBD or the potency, this is where it can be tricky. If a top shelf ounce cost 300.00 as an example and it pulls 4 grams of concentrate and you can purchase 5 grams for 100.00...wow. Pure Gold has numbers that are 74-84 % THC but on links I've found other than theirs potency testing was done and it was LOW. Just letting you know the numbers can be deceiving. That being said I started on Pure Gold and it worked well. I would like to learn their method of separating the cannabinoids using a spinner and then making it pliable using grape seed oil. Pure Gold sells for 40.00 a half gram and 80.00 a gram, cheaper if a senior...lol. So yes, the price is decent, in fact TREMENDOS is those numbers are potency...btw I never seen potency this high, but, I'm willing to try...lolol.

wingnut...Thank you very much for your response and your testimony of your trail and error...lol. Giving your experience so others do not get turned off or worst hurt (not from the oil...from falling) is much appreciated and is HUGE to help others heed caution and learn. TY

I have dosed RSO almost 2 years...daytime & nighttime and I love the modern oils in a vap or oiler :thumb: ... like you, been around the block...lol. Can you dose properly using the strip on the gums or is that simply digested? Thanks

Hi,

I would like to thank you for your very thoughtful response. This information is extremely helpful for anyone attempting to ingest this powerful medicine.

I made a large batch a few years ago. I found out I did everything right in prepping the oil because, like a real dummy, I licked the spatula. That was the last time I did that because..well...not only did I feel the full effects of more than a gram of the oil (I don't mind the taste...like you..I have over 50 years of being exposed to cannabis in all its glorious forms) I also found out that eating it directly magnifies the effects. I am a large guy. Didn't matter. I spent several days very high.

Knowing that I can help people AVOID this mistake, albeit not really that unpleasant for an experienced traveler, is vital. It can be very disconcerting, to say the least, to find oneself that far that fast in another mental state. Good thing I practiced heavily in my youth and never wandered too far away from the path.

But for those who have NEVER experienced a full on body leaving experience, it is best avoided by following your very detailed guide.

Small doses, applied in a way that does NOT exaggerate the delta 9 thc effects (passing through the gut, etc) is vital to help people get their MIND and BODY in sync to not only receive the medicine but to build on a positive experience that is at the heart of getting better--believing in it, eating properly, and focusing fully on getting healthy.

Thanks.

PS..from your writing I take it you used or have used the Simpson prep method (whole plant focus--organic matter pulled with the trichomes) rather than just a thc strip, which is analogous to modern oils for smoking.

Hi all,
I just discovered this page today and am very happy I did. I'm really hoping to get some advice on figuring out the dosage for my friend's horse that has melanoma cancer. I know it sounds crazy but the horse is not very old and the melanoma is spreading quickly, there are minimal ways to treat a horse and none of the currently available drugs do much but slow it down, so she is willing to try anything and here we are!
The mare does have lumps under her tail, around her genitals/anal area and it has spread to her face and on her belly. We are treating some of the lumps topically but we know from speaking with our vet it is spreading through her entire body and it's only a matter of time before it hits her glands by her jaw/neck and internal organs and she will die from it. I watched this happen to another horse a few years back, it was an agonizing death for the horse, like something exploded inside his body...
This mare weighs about 800 lbs, we have a safe steady source of RSO, the indica type. I asked this question on another site and it was suggested to start with a dime size drop 3 x/day and go from there. We did that for 4 days, the only difference we noticed was the horse was laying down to sleep more than she normally did. So following the guidelines from Rick Simpson we added another 1/2 a dime size to the dose, well apparently this oil is strong because the horse was obviously feeling it, she was down in her stall and a little more "relaxed" than is probably good for a horse, we also noticed she had some behaviour changes that we wouldn't normally see from her.
So we have backed off the dose to slightly over a dime size 3x/day and will see how it goes...
If there is anyone out there who has tried this with an animal, especially a horse, I would truly appreciate your advice.
Thanks from the crazy horse lover!

Dear Motoco 1982,

Thanks for the kind response. I dose daily using glycerine tincture made the way Jim describes on his SkunkPharmresearch.com site. He and his friends and family have been working on the science of oil extraction for a long time. He is a chemist as well as a healer and provides a lot of info to try and keep what we, in CA, call the 'bhotards' from hurting themselves. BHO is so popular here that in some areas of the state one cannot even find flowers. All the flowers from outdoor and a lot of sungrown/greenhouse product is also going to solvent extracts.

Personally, if I am going to smoke, I like the flowers. More complex and inclusive of many things yet not understood that makes the plant valuable in my mind. I.E., more than just trichomes.

I have contacts who use hi-tech equipment to make these products for the north west dispensary markets. Most people 'dab' with these products which I, for very personal reasons, find somewhat antithetical to the medical cannabis movement. Lets face it...dabbing is to weed as heroin is to opium. I just think these smokeable extracts, when the press and the haters catch up to them, will hurt the movement terribly.

With that said, extracts are what I also use as medicine. And to my point: do you think that there is any difference as to the healing properties of a well made bho extract and Rick Simpsons Cannabis Oil? The smokeable extract community finds Cannabis Oil made the Simpson way just down right pre-historic.

I have always looked at RS Cannabis Oil as more of a whole plant extract including the chlorophyll as well as other organics that we just do NOT know enough to reject in the mix. I know the preemminent ice hash maker in the US and certainly enjoy his product. But I do not see his product as anything but another way to smoke the trichs without the plant matter....heroin without all the plant matter and other alkaloids by analogy. I do NOT think of his most excellent product as medicine. It is just another way to get high when ones tolerance is too high to smoke flowers anymore. (At this point, i think folks should just lay off the weed for a while so they can enjoy the simple pleasures..the flowers. But I am just an old guy with my thoughts)

Is it that RS is just using old tech and the new tech makes a medicine just as good for cancer and other cures or is the tech RS uses inclusive of plant matter that is being thrown out by the 'cleaner extractors' because the extractors use a non-polar solvent (butane, naptha, hexane, etc for bho and other honey oils, or ice (polar) to make bubble hash), mostly because their focus is to SMOKE the oil, not to consume it orally as medicine.

I know that I will not smoke any product made with non polar solvents. That is my gift to my lungs. I do not mind consuming trace amounts of solvents in my Cannabis Oil because the gut can tolerate things lungs just cannot recover from. I still think that Cannabis Oil made the old way has the track record of healing people of cancer.

Do the new 'cleaner' extracts have the same record? If so, then if would appear that simply extracting thc with a few terpenes and cannabinoids that bind with the solvent is the cure for cancer.

If not, then the cure is much more complex and still that means that RS Cannabis Oil style is the better way to go until more science comes in.

Your thoughts.

Hi hanklvr...1st off welcome to 420 forums! Your in luck...I have a friend that owns horses with your exact same problem & the same friend knows a 'horse healer' ... amazingly this lady can lay her hands on a horse and tell where their problems lay and talks to them through her hands and the vibes she picks up. My friends horse is 'grey' and apparently this is an hereditary problem and can come @ any age. And your correct, the vets normally put the horse down in this condition until cannabis concentrated oil. You got the right strain (indica) but also mixed with a high CBD oil such as Harlequin/Cannatonic etc., This also gives the horse more of a well being feeling (75/25 sativa dom.) as not to be so sluggish during the day (this is something you have to monitor and dose the CBD blend in the A.M. first thing as this will take care of pain and inflammation through the day and night). The high CBD blended with the Indica shrinks the tumors and relieves the pain (this is huge) while the high THC amount kills the cancer cells (wrapping around the cancer cell and cutting off the blood & dies). If you know this...fine, just making sure. The Vet uses coconut oil (food grade) which is a solid btw and mixes with the concentrate (just enough to make more pliable especially when its cold) by adding a little to the oil and heating up with a hair dryer and stirring well until blended properly. Also this won't tear off scabs and makes the healing faster. Then she rubs the oil well on the tumor thoroughly to penetrate well, then adds some build up and covers with gauze and tapes it place to keep foreign obstacles away. Also she has learned to dose the horse on the gums first before using the bigger doses. The size of dose you describe is a LOT to start with...this is a common mistake because you want the cancer gone NOW if not sooner and why a high CBD strain is also so important mixed in with your Indica concentrate. When dosed on the gums the CBD controls the euphoric so the horse doesn't freak or wonder what the heck is going on. The difference from my way of dosing is different somewhat from the RSO method in that my way insures no euphoric by applying smaller doses 8 times a day and is much better controlled. Also the horse feels much more normal and not skittish so much if none. Always start small and go up. When the horse works its way up to a gram (that is what we are learning...how much to dose a day, a gram, 2 grams? the answer is when the tumors start shrinking and going away). The Vet has sent me pictures of how fast the tumors are going away...in one week the tumor shrunk half size. So lets get to the point Sir.

Decrease your dosage as mentioned and instead of 3 x a day go to 8 with smaller amounts and make sure to mix a high CBD blend into your existing oil (mix just like the coco oil procedure) or dose straight CBD concentrate 1st (make that a dime size) and in about 20 minutes start the smaller doses with the Indica. This gives the CBD time to get to the G1 receptors so anything else swallowed the euphoric will be controlled by the CBD's. Make sure again that the CBD blend/straight is used only in the A.M....the Vet now doses this blend 1st thing in the morning and a booster of the CBD blend again @ noon...NO LATER so the horse can start relaxing more towards the afternoon and be ready for a good nights sleep on the Indica. So in between doses of the CBD in the morning and noon those dose's are smaller amounts of Indica and afternoon you can increase the doses of Indica....keep an eye out and see what the horse is doing and reacting. Learning to tack properly on the gums is key...yes, even on a Horse. Mr. Simpson didn't have the advantage of a high CBD strain and it allows more dosage so it can control the euphoric. The Vet also says the Horse's she works on come to like the taste of bitterness. Plz keep us posted on your 'loved' horse and keeps notes on your dosing procedures to help others. G/B and anymore questions plz ask away and hopefully this will help many others. TY

ps...make sure the coco/oil blend is for topical and on the gums straight concentrate.
And WELCOME to the 420 Forums !

Very interesting wingnut! I follow SkunkPharmresearch as their methods used to make concentrate is an excellent source of info and have posted their links so others can check out their research. I've made comments on some dosing procedures but not in much detail. I've read some of the blogs on peeps withdrawing from 'Heroin' who have been addicted for quite some time and from what I've read some of the journals the patients have kept BLEW me away. From what I gathered they where eating the concentrate while withdrawing...I thought to myself, WOW these guys deserve frick'n medals! Here is the deal Brother...when dosing the concentrate on the gums especially with a high CBD blend there is no euphoric, even without! Imagine having physical withdrawals from morphine being euphoric? Also BHO, CO2, Shattered Glass isn't pliable enough or dissolves on the gums properly like RSO. In fact CO2 oil stayed solid on the gums for over 24 hrs with the taste in high pursuit. The RSO dissolves properly on the gums. As you mentioned, their for smoking mainly. Just wouldn't want to eat something that takes forever to dissolve and not knowing when the euphoric comes on is another question mark. Dose correctly for no euphoric 1st...then smoke or whatever you desire. I love my smoking herb as well. Many folks don't get the proper way to dose because their expecting the 'high' and are disappointed that they feel good health wise (a feeling of well being) but think because their not 'high' it isn't working. FACT...it is working and you can tell much what its healing much easier without the high...not to mention what the euphoric can do using other meds like blood pressure, etc.

So yes, I keep up with more of the modern ways of extracts, powder form, strips and all others that come out...but so far the RSO is the best way I've found to dose on the gums and dissolves properly. I've been called 'old school' in my thinking of dosing, but, no matter how you shake the tree this is for me the only way I dose correctly. The objective is to get the concentrate cannabinoids to the G1 receptors first to control the effects of the concentrate that make their way to the G2 receptors. Until a way comes up to achieve this with the so many ways of application...I'm sticking with this.

BTW...swallowing the concentrates will kill cancer also but dosing on the gums first is so much safer (no overdose...but passing out and falling is a huge concern) not to mention peeps can go about their daily routine, work, whatever in a safe way. I'm still amazed how many people who have been around the Cannabis for so long have not even tried to dose properly using the concentrate for controlled healing. I lOVE smoking MJ also and the euphoric but for me its at the end of the day as a wind down before my night time dose of Indica.

I totally agree with you on smoking the concentrates...I smoke mine because I know its CLEAN but I vap or on occasions smoke an oiler. One thing for sure in life...moderation is the key in EVERYTHING.

Smoking RSO obsolete for smoking? Maybe so in their eyes, but, not mine. Plz remember the peeps who make their products are for the euphoric crowd and have little or no knowledge on dosing properly for the medical value...and until that time they can call RSO obsolete or what ever they want, but, until they have tried the correct way of dosing they only know their side and that is the euphoric side.

Summary: I use the RSO dosing the proper way...and enjoy my 'private reserve' of the other 'gods gift' !! I for one over the years do not jump on the 'bandwagon' of all the new products that come out until one comes out for getting the good stuff to the G1 receptors first. Not to mention all the BS low grade crap they push to make the 'quan' and care less about the medical side or the peeps.

"Is it that RS is just using old tech and the new tech makes a medicine just as good for cancer and other cures or is the tech RS uses inclusive of plant matter that is being thrown out by the 'cleaner extractors' because the extractors use a non-polar solvent (butane, naptha, hexane, etc for bho and other honey oils, or ice (polar) to make bubble hash), mostly because their focus is to SMOKE the oil, not to consume it orally as medicine".

Exactly why Brother! They have no idea of taking the concentrate properly. Another great example is when talking to another grower he stated I always use P Load before harvesting "the customers want tight, dense nugs"...wrong! The growers like tight dense nugs for more weight...customers don't want that crap in them...not to mention I hate it ( its a chore to break down the nug to roll/smoke without a grinder and IMHO taste very harsh because of the quick cure & P Load). and won't use it for the harm it can cause. And its for the $$$. BTW...great way of putting your take... you hit the nail on the head ! If I skipped something important...plz ask again as most of the time their are no short answers. Thanks again for a great post!

I started taking Rick Simpson oil for Parkinson's Disease. I need to get up to one gram per day but don't know what measurement device to use to get there. I made the oil and stored it in milliter syringes. So far I'm on 3 drops from the syringe daily. I have no idea how much that is. Can you or anyone tell me how many drops or milliters I need to equal a gram? I should be on my 2nd level up but am afraid to increase since I don't know how much I'm taking.

Thanks, tlongmire

I would pay $20 per gram, if it's the same as RSO, just to have it already made and in the correct serving size. I reside in Az. Anybody know where I could get Amber OIL?

Each mark represents 2/10ths of a gram or 1/5th of a gram. Have you read the OP on dosing? If needing a gram a day pay attention to the cancer treatment dose and work your way up. @ 20.00 a gram I would certainly question the potency as 20.00 a gram seems like the deal of the century IMHO. Cannabis Concentrated Oil, Hash Oil, RSO for medical healing is using Top Shelf Flowers so it would seem impossible to me if selling for 20.00 a gram when a good pull is 4 grams a ounce of top shelf.... so 4 grams of top shelf cannabis concentrated oil would be 80.00 and a top shelf ounce of bud would be 300.00 and up. The best 'shelf oil' I've sampled from a dispensary is 'Pure Gold' and the reason is being the make theirs separating the cannabinoid using a spinner and then adding grape seed oil to make it more usable and works dosing the RSO method....so at least I know its safe. A gram of that is 80.00 but their stats seem somewhat different as they touted theirs as 74-84 %...its not the potency, but the percentage of THC, which is a huge difference. If you need a gram a day to kill the mutating cells of Parkinson then I would strongly urge you get educated on growing and making your own concentrate. If your on the gram a day regiment and the treatment is for the cure its a work up to the gram dosage. If using the OP dosing method it can be achieved quicker...Mr. Simpsons suggest you work your way (5 wks), then start a gram a day until cured, then followed up by a PM dosage of a month. Personally I would use it forever, but, that is just me. Hope this helps and best of luck !

So would 10 milliter marks = a gram? I have not read the OP on dosing? Would you please provide a link? I do need a gram a day and would love to grow my own but I wouldn't know where to get the seeds. I also wouldn't know how many plants I would need. I made my first batch of RSO with Kush at $325 including taxes. YIKES, I don't think I will make it to 60 days at that price. I'm 65 and was raised with "this is your brain on drugs" phrase. Hence, my apprehension about knowing exactly how much a gram is so I can work up to it. However, in the last couple of weeks I've learned how beneficial Marijuana can be to one's health.

The $20 price was for Amber Oil and was on someone eles' post; I thought I responded to her.

Thanks.

tlongmire

5 mil marks = 1 gram @ least on my oral syringes, each mark represents 1/5th of a gram. The OP on dosing...scroll to the of this thread. You old fart ! .... I'm 64.5 :) 'this is your brain on drugs' .... lmao. It never worked for me hahaha....whew! How many grams did u pull? Normally top shelf you can get 4 grams ( 40 mil.), if its 3 grams middle bud and 2 grams lower bud (guideline) and have pulled 4.5 grams from a strain called Gorilla Glue #4. Yes it can be expensive especially a gram a day. A gram a day is a lot of concentrate...pay attention to how you work your way up and especially how to dose correctly...be patient and build your way up. Mr. Simpson suggest taking 3 doses a day and keep increasing the 3 doses until a gram is achieved and takes about 5 wks until a gram is achieved...then continue until the cancer/nasties are gone. My method breaks the doses down to 8 doses a day (much safer if not dosed correctly and become euphoric, btw eating something and drinking water can help to get back to earth). Kush is an excellent strain and covers a wide spectrum of healing properties. Just know @ night if any sativa is the mix it could keep the wheels turning @ night. A Indica x Indica is recommended for night sleep. Also a high CBD strain like Harlequin/Cannatonic etc., mixed in with your Kush is essential for shrinking and taking away inflammation on tumors and will keep you alert during the day (don't take this blend after noon as to start unwinding for night time). Make your last dose the biggest before going to bed because if you do your going to be asleep. I know, your thinking DUDE I cannot afford all these blends...get the high CBD and use your Kush as a double duty...meaning @ night take your dose on the tongue and down the hatch (keep that way the same size of dose you take the rest of the day until you can build up to more for night time). Make sure you go to the head before parking on the bed for sleep and as said...proceed with caution. Wait a couple of months and you will say WOW...no idea how beneficial the concentrate really is ! Also you might want to go to a 'hydro/grow' shop and explain your illness (growers supply the candy stores) and normally can cut the cost to 200.00 an oz. and get better quality of buds. You don't see many Cola's @ the dispensaries .... thats for sure. Take time and cram as much intel as you can so you can become educated to play it forward to another person who is suffering. Plz keep us informed on your progress...keep a journal on your dosing, strains that worked best, etc., Do your thing and get healthy Compadre !

Surprisingly Parkinsons was how I stumbled onto RSO oil. A long time best friend was diagnosed a little over 2 years ago and trying to help him research while he was @ work and checked out 'run from the cure'...and got him started. He has been taking just a PM dose and I've been telling him he needs a gram a day same as a cancer treatment to overwhelm the mutating cells. You helped verify this...btw, who told you? Clinic, dispensary, friend? Just curious for confirmation. TY

Hi hanklvr...1st off welcome to 420 forums! Your in luck...I have a friend that owns horses with your exact same problem & the same friend knows a 'horse healer' ... amazingly this lady can lay her hands on a horse and tell where their problems lay and talks to them through her hands and the vibes she picks up. My friends horse is 'grey' and apparently this is an hereditary problem and can come @ any age. And your correct, the vets normally put the horse down in this condition until cannabis concentrated oil. You got the right strain (indica) but also mixed with a high CBD oil such as Harlequin/Cannatonic etc., This also gives the horse more of a well being feeling (75/25 sativa dom.) as not to be so sluggish during the day (this is something you have to monitor and dose the CBD blend in the A.M. first thing as this will take care of pain and inflammation through the day and night). The high CBD blended with the Indica shrinks the tumors and relieves the pain (this is huge) while the high THC amount kills the cancer cells (wrapping around the cancer cell and cutting off the blood & dies). If you know this...fine, just making sure. The Vet uses coconut oil (food grade) which is a solid btw and mixes with the concentrate (just enough to make more pliable especially when its cold) by adding a little to the oil and heating up with a hair dryer and stirring well until blended properly. Also this won't tear off scabs and makes the healing faster. Then she rubs the oil well on the tumor thoroughly to penetrate well, then adds some build up and covers with gauze and tapes it place to keep foreign obstacles away. Also she has learned to dose the horse on the gums first before using the bigger doses. The size of dose you describe is a LOT to start with...this is a common mistake because you want the cancer gone NOW if not sooner and why a high CBD strain is also so important mixed in with your Indica concentrate. When dosed on the gums the CBD controls the euphoric so the horse doesn't freak or wonder what the heck is going on. The difference from my way of dosing is different somewhat from the RSO method in that my way insures no euphoric by applying smaller doses 8 times a day and is much better controlled. Also the horse feels much more normal and not skittish so much if none. Always start small and go up. When the horse works its way up to a gram (that is what we are learning...how much to dose a day, a gram, 2 grams? the answer is when the tumors start shrinking and going away). The Vet has sent me pictures of how fast the tumors are going away...in one week the tumor shrunk half size. So lets get to the point Sir.

Decrease your dosage as mentioned and instead of 3 x a day go to 8 with smaller amounts and make sure to mix a high CBD blend into your existing oil (mix just like the coco oil procedure) or dose straight CBD concentrate 1st (make that a dime size) and in about 20 minutes start the smaller doses with the Indica. This gives the CBD time to get to the G1 receptors so anything else swallowed the euphoric will be controlled by the CBD's. Make sure again that the CBD blend/straight is used only in the A.M....the Vet now doses this blend 1st thing in the morning and a booster of the CBD blend again @ noon...NO LATER so the horse can start relaxing more towards the afternoon and be ready for a good nights sleep on the Indica. So in between doses of the CBD in the morning and noon those dose's are smaller amounts of Indica and afternoon you can increase the doses of Indica....keep an eye out and see what the horse is doing and reacting. Learning to tack properly on the gums is key...yes, even on a Horse. Mr. Simpson didn't have the advantage of a high CBD strain and it allows more dosage so it can control the euphoric. The Vet also says the Horse's she works on come to like the taste of bitterness. Plz keep us posted on your 'loved' horse and keeps notes on your dosing procedures to help others. G/B and anymore questions plz ask away and hopefully this will help many others. TY

ps...make sure the coco/oil blend is for topical and on the gums straight concentrate.
And WELCOME to the 420 Forums !

Thank you Motoco 1982, I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.
I had hoped there were others trying this out on their equine friends, figured we couldn't be the only ones desperate to save their horse!
We had no clue of dose size at all starting this so we went on the premise that the weight of the horse would be a factor which apparently it's not, so glad we sorted that out as mare was getting pretty crusty and out of sorts these past few days.
I do have a few more questions for you and I warn you now some of them may be "dumb" as I have not much experience with this, so I thank you in advance for your patience.
At the moment all we can get is the indica oil, not sure if there is a safe supply of other CBD blends around us and not really willing to risk giving something we can't guarantee as safe. So if we back off the dosage per day can we do this with just the indica?
Right now I am giving the doses in a piece of apple, so if I read your instructions correctly I should be giving her first dose each day on her gums, then give small doses through the day to cut down the "high" effect on her? Should I maybe alternate between the 2 methods to help control side effects?
As for dose size I know in all Rick Simpson's info he measures by using a grain of rice as a guide, usually staring off at 1/2 grain 3 x/day. So how many of these 1/2 grains of rice are in a gram of the oil? Perhaps I should have been giving her 1/4 grain of rice 8x/day to start or less?
I am going to mix up some oil with coconut oil to put on her bumps, I would have a really hard time trying to cover them with gauze and keep it in place. We are in very cold climate (-20 to -40 for the past few months) so there is little chance of flies, dirt etc getting on the area so it shouldn't matter if we leave them uncovered?
We have only been giving the oral dose for a week and started putting topical on a couple of spots for 3 days, hoping to see if the bumps would shrink. We did take pictures and measure one very large bump so we can compare week by week. I was using the straight oil warmed up with a tiny bit of mineral oil mixed in so it would spread better, hard to keep things warm for very long around here, this coconut mix sounds so much easier.

Looking forward to hearing back from you Motoco 1982 and please thank your friend with the horses for sharing this info. Our girl is a grey mare, she is 14 now but we think she has had the melanoma for about 1 1/2 yrs, just started with a couple of bumps on the under side of her tail and spread quickly from there. So heartbreaking when you are told there is nothing to be done....
Will keep you posted, thanks again!

A friend told me about RSO. She said she found the info while searching cancer sites. I watched several Rick Simpson YouTube videos, visited the Phoenix Tears website, listened to an interview he gave on RSO, read everything I could on him.

I figured what do I have to lose. I have a non-cureable, progressive, degenerative, disease. If RSO can cure cancer maybe it can halt the progression or even cure Parkinson's. I had no idea how expensive Marijuana was until our first visit to a dispensary. HOLY COW!! I'm going to shoot for 1/2 a gram a day for 60 days. I should be able to see if there are positive benefits for me at that dosage.

How much does your friend take as preventative dose?

I started taking Rick Simpson oil for Parkinson's Disease. I need to get up to one gram per day but don't know what measurement device to use to get there. I made the oil and stored it in milliter syringes. So far I'm on 3 drops from the syringe daily. I have no idea how much that is. Can you or anyone tell me how many drops or milliters I need to equal a gram? I should be on my 2nd level up but am afraid to increase since I don't know how much I'm taking.

Thanks, tlongmire

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That said, I applaud your intention to look at the most empirically evidenced medicine that is both the most effective medicine available as well as being very inexpensive and highly cost effective.

First, I use one of these: American Weigh Signature Series Silver/Black AWS-100 Digital Pocket Scale, 100 by 0.01 G
41AKYOLyaDL_SX450_.jpg

If the link fails, the device is a .01 gram digital scale that costs less than $15. Must purchase separately the calibrating weight, but that costs another eight dollars. So, once you can weigh your dosage, which you should, you will be able to be very accurate about the LOOK of the dose and your memory of the weight of the look of that dose from a time in the past.

Thus, for a single batch of oil (assuming you make your own) you will be able to know by inspection what that dose will do for you per the weight of the dose.

With that said, when you make a new batch, it is good to do this again (weigh all increments of the dose by size and learn to eyeball that size and weight).

A gram of cannabis oil is a pretty good volume. It is best taken by dosing many times a day placing the very small increments on your gum and letting it dissolve. This method, and I have this on good accord with a poster on this very thread (read my posts and his responses..his responses are the valuable part) that taking a gram over ten applications per day and on the gums rather than in capsules and eaten will GREATLY reduce the euphoric (well..downright couch locking...effects) and allow the full impact of a RS dose occur without having to titrate up over a month or more to a gram. It seems that putting it on the gums goes to parts of the brain FIRST rather than the liver...and the brain instructs the body to use the cannabinoids without having the amplifying effect of eaten decarbed weed after it goes through the liver. Eating cannabis oils can be far more powerful euphorically than smoking the same amount.

Use the scale, get comfortable with the size and weight by eyesight, put that amount on your gums and (this is my recommendation) do sublingual drops of high cbd tinctures while taking a gram of high thc RSO the way described above..over the course of the day and on the gums first.

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do with the knowledge you obtain here and on the net, and let this community help you digest the facts of what you consume, how and the results. You never know who will show up with some deep experience with what you are going through.

Peace and the very best to you.

Wingnut

Great post Wingnut...we are on the same page and actually this is the 1st post I've read DOSING the correct way (besides mine...lol). I did not know you where well versed in the correct way to dose and I'm STOKED. So many people do not know the correct way and swallow and the difference is night and day on how the concentrate works. Correctly dosed and the oil gets to the G1 receptors and CONTROLS all your functions like they were intended to work (like popping in a new CPU) and when swallowed goes to the G2 receptors and the control goes away, racy heartbeat, remember to breath (lol) and can have adverse affects on blood pressure meds, downers and the like. If you tack on the gum as I mentioned in the OP this guarantees no euphoric where as RS method even with a 1/3 gram and someone eats after dosing it will carry down and if you got something important to do you might re-think your plans or worse be on the road. I changed the RS method to 'tacking' for my friend with Parkinson's who saliva was abnormally high (an effect of Parkinson from what he told me) and couldn't be euphoric @ work...so for the wife and I RS method worked fine but not for him. The 'tack' method insure it worked correctly all the time. We use this way now so not to get suprised...that being said we now how to handle the euphoric and ways to come down much quicker (eat and drink something helps as well as breathing exercise, funny, one night I did the breathing exercise and would get higher, it was like a game on what planet I wanted to explore next, lmao).

The Wife and I was just discussing going to 10 doses a day so the measuring would be easier if using a oral syringe and be less confusing. And honestly, the smaller the dose, the better control. What about the 82 yr. old RS knew that was consuming 2 grams a day for his cure (folks, this was worked up to in a 5 wk period !!!).

It is a PLEASURE to have your knowledge on this thread, because I was beginning to wonder if anyone was ever going to post the CORRECT way to dose besides me. Dosing this way makes the Cannabis Concentrated Oil a true ALL-IN-WONDER medication.

Glad your here Brother !

My Friend takes a grain of rice a.m., then a small booster 1/4 grain of rice @ noon, then a grain of rice of Indica @ night. Thing is he will be fine for a few weeks, then go back to the heavy tremors and now stomach area movements. So whats going on is his Parkinson is advancing and not the dosage size. About 6 months ago I was mentioning to him that I thought a 'cancer' treatment dose is what he might need...that is why I was asking you how you got the 'gram' a day info. Parkinson is a mutating cell progressive disease how I understand it (correct me if wrong) and how I understand the concentrate it kills MUTATING cells...so in my mind it can be cured (I'm thinking when CBN start coming to the forefront in higher percentages this will be a great aid in helping/curing Parkinson. I personally believe the concentrate can cure Parkinson, what dosage amount I haven't learned yet and keep in mind, just my opinion. What I've seen this concentrate do so far, honestly, I haven't seen anything it doesn't help/control/cure especially over some time. Keep Wingnut on your list for intel that is informative and correct.

Something you can do also...I don't want to mention any names of 'clinics' (but as an example in Colorado they have 'treatment' centers for the health gamut). Find one, call them, see what they offer in Parkinson treatment or if they have cured someone and get some good intel on the direction you need to take on how much to dose, diet, whatever else? Also keep googling 'has anyone been cured using Cannabis Concentrated Oils with Parkinson. Keep up on it, keep up on 420 threads. You without a doubt going in the right direction.
T/C

Thank you Motoco 1982, I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.
I had hoped there were others trying this out on their equine friends, figured we couldn't be the only ones desperate to save their horse!
We had no clue of dose size at all starting this so we went on the premise that the weight of the horse would be a factor which apparently it's not, so glad we sorted that out as mare was getting pretty crusty and out of sorts these past few days.
I do have a few more questions for you and I warn you now some of them may be "dumb" as I have not much experience with this, so I thank you in advance for your patience.
At the moment all we can get is the indica oil, not sure if there is a safe supply of other CBD blends around us and not really willing to risk giving something we can't guarantee as safe. So if we back off the dosage per day can we do this with just the indica?
Right now I am giving the doses in a piece of apple, so if I read your instructions correctly I should be giving her first dose each day on her gums, then give small doses through the day to cut down the "high" effect on her? Should I maybe alternate between the 2 methods to help control side effects?
As for dose size I know in all Rick Simpson's info he measures by using a grain of rice as a guide, usually staring off at 1/2 grain 3 x/day. So how many of these 1/2 grains of rice are in a gram of the oil? Perhaps I should have been giving her 1/4 grain of rice 8x/day to start or less?
I am going to mix up some oil with coconut oil to put on her bumps, I would have a really hard time trying to cover them with gauze and keep it in place. We are in very cold climate (-20 to -40 for the past few months) so there is little chance of flies, dirt etc getting on the area so it shouldn't matter if we leave them uncovered?
We have only been giving the oral dose for a week and started putting topical on a couple of spots for 3 days, hoping to see if the bumps would shrink. We did take pictures and measure one very large bump so we can compare week by week. I was using the straight oil warmed up with a tiny bit of mineral oil mixed in so it would spread better, hard to keep things warm for very long around here, this coconut mix sounds so much easier.

Looking forward to hearing back from you Motoco 1982 and please thank your friend with the horses for sharing this info. Our girl is a grey mare, she is 14 now but we think she has had the melanoma for about 1 1/2 yrs, just started with a couple of bumps on the under side of her tail and spread quickly from there. So heartbreaking when you are told there is nothing to be done....
Will keep you posted, thanks again!

Your Welcome. There is a lot of desperate folks trying to save their lives as well as their 'loved' animals so your not alone, believe me. For the record I don't own horses, her Vet recommend cannabis concentrated oil because their was no other options but to put her down. So your horse is grey, heredity for the skin cancer...wonder why? You read the instructions correctly. So, important to 'tack' !!! If pure Indica dose 'tacking' all the time, if the oil has 'sativa' (hybrid)then you can dose 'tacking' in the A.M. up until about 12-1 , then with the apple ingestion method so it can start relaxing for the evening rest. For some reason I was under the impression you made your extract? I ask this as to know if the oil extract is 'potent' enough to overwhelm the cancer. On the norm Indica 'grown full term' would have enough CBD for pain & inflammation management (a biggie) so the horse is much more comfortable and also helps control euphoric. Also plz note its recommended for cancer is 20% THC or above (Rick Simpson advice) so I use this as a guide line. BTW my friend that owns horses (barrel racing, etc.) brought the Vet to meet so we could learn on how to dose a horse. This is where we are at now and its working, working, working. You will also learn to read your horses moods and they way they feel and can make smaller adjustments on dosing. Know this, the sooner your horse can dose a gram a day safely the sooner the cure and do not forget the 'grain of rice' a couple times a day (RS says one) for preventive maintenance. My Friend says that will be the horses regiment even when cured because of all the other good it does for pain and wellness.

The Vet lives up north and in colder climate and was having application problems because the oil was like axle grease when cold, I suggested a 'rice heating pack' warmed up and put in a small cooler with the oil syringe/vile wrapped around it to keep it pliable (warm, not hot...and if you can keep it slightly warmer than the horses gum it will tack much easier as warm oil runs to cold surfaces). The topically application with coconut oil not so much, but, the pure concentrate applied cold will tear off scabs, etc.

Always try to dose the horse the correct way...if possible, I only mention if having a high cbd strain like Harlequin 75/25 Sativa/Indica it will keep the horses wheels turning upstairs and won't rest properly. And if that was all you had, after noon use could use the apple application. However the horse becomes euphoric and until used to it will act skittish and unpredictable because of anxiety, paranoid and the likes. I would print the dosing procedure out and keep them close at hand as a reference. I will certainly thank my Friends and hope this is helping as it has helped them. I'm sure I missed something...lol...Brain lock !!! Keep us posted and make sure your meds are up to the task...even if to have it tested. Price per gram also dictates the quality in MOST cases unless its a friend. T/C and G/B

IMHO the THC, CBD, CBN and others play a 'packaged' role as a whole....even though they seem to do certain specialized things, combined, they are AWESOME...I think CBN will have a much more important role once its level's are raised and then there are many more waiting in line. You know Bro.... dosed correctly, what doesn't it help/cure/heal. I'm on the same page on Mr. Simpson, besides his dosing methods IMO everything else is WORD and so is his dosing method (ours is much more safer), simply because I have found nothing to discredit his findings. I would imagine since he first started using the concentrate there have been a few changes as he progressed...I know we have, right? lol I know he started the wheel for me and I treat him with much respect. His method of administering the concentrate is where the difference lies ...

Only a SMALL percentage of peeps dose the proper way because they follow the crowds, or they hear of a new product (its for smoking) just like they hear that CBD cures cancer! Run out and get a high CBD strain and think...cancer be gone. There is only one way to correctly dose for MAX effectiveness, so they can take the pills, shattered glass, ultimate wax, BHO & C02, whatever, and I guess I'll go the same route as you.

I know this was directed @ WildRoseBud but, you really had some good takes :) and sry for the interruption but she won't answer back...lmao

Dear WildRoseBud,

Interesting post. Can you point me to what the new method that Rick has adopted? I thought I had read it all but there are so many tangents that go sideways and not forward on the 'tubes. I have made this using everclear before and it was very good. But amber sounds like a cold extraction followed by a decarb later rather than a whole plant emersion in the solvent that also takes up chlorophyll and other parts of the plant that, up to now, have neither been dismissed or added to the healing properties of this Cannabis Oil. I have always erred on the part of more plant and less refinement because, after all, we just don't know if simple thc and a few cbd's are inclusive of all the medicine the plant has to offer.

I will go the path of others tried and true experience, and Rick does, if nothing else, have more experience in treating people than me or anyone else I am aware of.

Thanks for your consideration.

Back
Top Bottom