Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hi Jen... I too find my gums get sensitive... I fold up a piece of paper towel and let it sit against my lip and gum and it is so dry when I pull it out it does take that very thin top layer of skin with it... TBH with ya... I have found time is what has helped... it burned and kinda didn't feel very good for the first month or so but honestly I think it gets a tougher skin over it or something because I don't notice it at all now... I wish I knew of something to tell ya that would give her immediate relief... but not so much... ask her if it is something she can deal with for a little while and see if it kinda corrects itself and if not... post it back up here and hopefully someone with a better answer for you will be around....:circle-of-love:

Thanks, but I have been watching her do this under my instruction. She does not rub the gums while drying them, AT all. She also places the tack very gently, so that is not the problem. she has moved locations and even with one application it started turning her gums raw and irritated. Not sure what the problem is. Very frustrating. I wish it were as easy as rubbing too hard...LOL

thanks, if anyone has had this issue, please let me know.

thanks again. Jen

Hi Jen,

Does your daughter have any form of gum disease, like gingivitis or periodontal disease?
If she does, this can make the gums very sensitive and become raw and bleed easily.

When I first began tacking it was directly on my gums (I put it on my denture now) and it caused me much discomfort because I had periodontal disease. My gums couldn't handle anything.
I tried the paper towel and the gauze but it didn't work for me. I went back to just making sure my finger was dry and just holding on my gum until it "tacked" when I pulled my finger away.
Just my experience.

But, as Dennise said, give a little time to see if it gets better.

Poor girl, not enough she has to go through what she is...now the thing you all want to help her causes discomfort.

ah Dennise, Ok so it does happen to others. good to know it will just take time. I didn't want to her to just stop. I will tell her to keep it up and hopefully her gums will get used to it. UGGG LOL

Yeah, I found out last night that she has been in pain and didn't tell me. Before I left for a trip I bought her a vape and some indica for pain. (just in case) She tried it and it gave her more relief than vicoden. So, it's helping her in many ways I hope.

thanks again for all of your help. It's so nice to have you guys :love:

Hi Jen,

Does your daughter have any form of gum disease, like gingivitis or periodontal disease?
If she does, this can make the gums very sensitive and become raw and bleed easily.

When I first began tacking it was directly on my gums (I put it on my denture now) and it caused me much discomfort because I had periodontal disease. My gums couldn't handle anything.
I tried the paper towel and the gauze but it didn't work for me. I went back to just making sure my finger was dry and just holding on my gum until it "tacked" when I pulled my finger away.
Just my experience.

But, as Dennise said, give a little time to see if it gets better.

Poor girl, not enough she has to go through what she is...now the thing you all want to help her causes discomfort.

Thanks Cannafan, nope pretty much healthy as she can be.. ...well, except for the cancer, you'd never know she was sick! Hard to imagine what is inside sometimes!

thank you and dennise for letting me know, it may just be a "get used" to it thing. We are dosing rectally at night, so she's trying her hardest. We couldn't be where we are with out you guys helping us and sharing your experiences! worth so much, thank you!!!!

Oh, either of you? have you heard of Beehive phoenix tears.. it's the brand. but they call it phoenix tears. (I think it's just a name, not associated with the actual phoenix tears.) Well, I found a shop that has like 40 different varieties.(combos) Wish I knew the THC percentage. It's a sativa mix of lambs bread and blue dream. (good price too.) We haven't found a good sativa dominate strain yet. I may just add it to her skywalker OG which I think is a indica dominate to give her a little more energy during the day.

:love: jen

Hi Jen,
These may or may not be helpful.

I don't know about the shop that is selling it, but I found a lab test report on it that might help you, keep in mind this was done more than a year ago:

Also this one, more recent. I haven't clicked on any of the links for info there yet. Just FYI, I guess.

Bee Hive Phoenix Tears | PSI Labs

Always a good idea to have something tested if you are going to be using a lot of it, just to be sure.
If they have so many different combos, it would be hard to say what each one has with just these lab reports...
Never heard of it up until now.

EDIT: Also, does the shop offer to customers any type of lab testing report if requested? I have never purchased from a shop/dispensary, I've always wondered on that.

:circle-of-love:

Hi Jen,
I don't know about the shop that is selling it, but I found a lab test report on it that might help you, keep in mind this was done more than a year ago:

Also this one, more recent. I haven't clicked on any of the links for info there yet. Just FYI, I guess.

Bee Hive Phoenix Tears | PSI Labs

Always a good idea to have something tested if you are going to be using a lot of it, just to be sure.
If they have so many different combos, it would be hard to say what each one has with just these lab reports...
Never heard of it up until now.

ah yes, I think i had found those two links as well. Yes, I agree with the testing. I think with all the strains and many batches coming in...hard to get a test on each one. bummer. cuz I would like to have some options. The skywalker strain is tested, but mostly indica and she is a very sleepy girl LOL

ah yes, I think i had found those two links as well. Yes, I agree with the testing. I think with all the strains and many batches coming in...hard to get a test on each one. bummer. cuz I would like to have some options. The skywalker strain is tested, but mostly indica and she is a very sleepy girl LOL

Yepper, Indica "on da couch".. LOL

I had edited my post a bit with a question.

Does the shop offer lab testing documentation for the product if requested by the consumer?

OH Btw Jen,

My own favorite Sativa dominant strain is White Widow. You might check into that a bit.
Unless you can find a pure landrace, it does have a small amount of indica in it.

ah white widow. i will check it out. I always appreciate a suggestion! We don't have time go browse a ton of different strains. I just thank my lucky stars we live in a place where we can get what we need. I feel so sorry for people who need MMJ quickly and have to go to great lengths to find some. :love: Jen

Yepper, Indica "on da couch".. LOL

I had edited my post a bit with a question.

Does the shop offer lab testing documentation for the product if requested by the consumer?

If there is testing it's usually on the package and they could get a report if you wanted it. Those are very expensive products and not any variety. I asked if there was testing on the beehive phoenix tears and they said no. because their product changes so much of what is in stock. that it isn't cost effective for that many strains. I found a non strain specific made by Chronic...either a high indica or sativa. 60 a g. the beehive strain specific but no other info. was 30 a g 2 for 50 3 for 60. So.......

You wouldn't believe how commercial some of the products are....CBD is very popular. and twice the price. LOL

Hello good people,

I'm trying to tack cannabis oil and having a few problems. When i first apply, half of it seems to run into my cheek and i end up swallowing it. I'm trying to tack around 25mg per time. I was wondering if any of you can offer some tips please?

I do follow the instructions but i can't seem to nail it.

Many thanks

Hey Chewey!! I had a hard time tacking with my finger also. My wife has no trouble. What works for me is to cut the cotton end off a q-tip. Now you have a smooth round applicator. Put the tack on your finger, then "roll" it onto the q-tip stick. If your gum is dry, it will "roll" right off the stick and onto your gums. I hope this helps!!! :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey Supergroomer, thanks for the quick response :) I had to google what a q-tips is, lol. Over here, we call them cotton buds :)

So, you use the plastic tube part?
Do you use your finger at all or just the tube?

Chewey, the Q-tips brand in the US has a cardboard stick instead of a plastic tube. Does this make any difference supergroomer?

Mine are the CVS generic. I think they are plastic, but it shouldn't make a difference. Smooth and round is what you want. :) :peace:

Thanks for the clarification supergroomer. I'll be getting my dentures next week, or at least I think this is the last sitting. If I can make myself wear them I'll probably use them to keep the tack in place. That's if I can make myself wear them, something I'm not so sure of.

Genius!!!

I don't have a Q-tip but, my wife has some small wooden sticks that she uses for her nails. Works perfectly. I rolled it into position using the stick, then spread it out with my finger.

Thanks buddy :)

Genius!!!

I don't have a Q-tip but, my wife has some small wooden sticks that she uses for her nails. Works perfectly. I rolled it into position using the stick, then spread it out with my finger.

Thanks buddy :)

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom