Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I just put a drop on the wide end of a flat tooth pick. See photo, sorry it is not one of my best photos. Remember to spit or drool and not swallow your saliva if you don't want the euphoric effects.

IMG_20151211_125653.jpg

:circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

Hi Wingnut, I read in your post you are from CA. I live in LA/West Hollywood and am looking for a trusted dispensary in the area. I am new to all of this and am overwhelmed. I am hoping for a dispensary that can provide some guidance as well as be a great source of product. From the kind responses i have received on this site i am told I should use two types of oil with THC at 20% or higher. Sativa dominant strain for daytime and as pure an indica as possible for evening. the delivery method suggested is tacking and suppositories (not sure if dispensaries can customize and make suppositories or not but hoping so). any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. many thanks.

Animal I can't help you with finding a dispensary... I am about 2000 miles away but I will confirm you have the stated information correct and on the suppositories... You can find molds for them online and make them but I doubt you are going to find them premade to suit your particular needs... I may be wrong but I don't think you can get them at a dispensary but there most certainly are folks that fly through here that will be able to help you with it....:circle-of-love:

Hi Wingnut, I read in your post you are from CA. I live in LA/West Hollywood and am looking for a trusted dispensary in the area. I am new to all of this and am overwhelmed. I am hoping for a dispensary that can provide some guidance as well as be a great source of product. From the kind responses i have received on this site i am told I should use two types of oil with THC at 20% or higher. Sativa dominant strain for daytime and as pure an indica as possible for evening. the delivery method suggested is tacking and suppositories (not sure if dispensaries can customize and make suppositories or not but hoping so). any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. many thanks.

The oil you want should be closer to 95%. The 20% comes from the fact that if you are making your own oil, you want flower that is at least 20% THC. If you look in Cajun's thread he has a "recipe" for the suppositories. :peace:

Hi Moto, do you mind if i ask how your friend with Stage IV breast cancer is doing on her oil? I too have stage IV breast cancer, ER+, had chemo 7 years ago am managing it with oral meds but running out of med options and really want to stop putting a band aid on this and heal. any advice as to dosing, strains, etc would be helpful. I have received wonderful advice from people on this site and am most appreciative. Mostly I would like to know if she has had a good response. my met is to the liver. I live in LA and am now looking for a trusted dispensary so i can get started. many thanks.

animalrescurer, the 95% is the cannabinoid content of the oil. This means that for every gram of oil you can expect to get 950 mg of cannabinoids. This is information you'll use to set your doses.

You may not find 95%. But you want as high as you can. If you see 20 or 30 you should be looking somewhere else. :circle-of-love::peace:

If they only have CBD oil but not THC oil you should also be looking somewhere else. Most commercially prepared CBD oil tested has less than 1/3 the labelled amount of CBD - some has none - and they charge a premium price.

THC oil in a California dispensary should be pretty much what it says on the package. You may be able to call dispensaries and ask if they have Concentrated Cannabis Oil in stock.

There seems to be a lot of 50% Co2 extract cannabis oil in syringes for sale to the eVape crowd - especially from the delivery services. The prices are attractive. Maybe someone here has an opinion on the usefulness of 50% cannabis oil.

Try a few phone calls. Ask a few friends that use medical marijuana.

Hi,

My mother is a cancer survivor. She was treated for cancer in her right tonsil back in 2009 using a combination of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Unfortunately earlier this year she was diagnosed with Stage 3C (locally advanced) breast cancer, this is a second primary tumor. She is recently started chemotherapy treatment on a weekly cycle. We want to also include RSO oil in her treatment regimen, she has never experiences any euphoria or high in the past (teetotaler). I have a few questions regarding the same.,

1. Is it ok to combine RSO with chemotherapy protocol?
2. Ever since 2009 my mother suffers from severe dry mouth syndrome and tacking is an issue? Any other method by which one can consume the oil without the euphoria?
3. She is also experiencing vertigo induced by the chemotherapy along with oral thrush, nausea, diarrhea and oral thrush. Is RSO safe to give with vertigo and oral thrush? How will RSO consumption impact vertigo?

You advice and insights will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

My mother is a cancer survivor. She was treated for cancer in her right tonsil back in 2009 using a combination of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Unfortunately earlier this year she was diagnosed with Stage 3C (locally advanced) breast cancer, this is a second primary tumor. She is recently started chemotherapy treatment on a weekly cycle. We want to also include RSO oil in her treatment regimen, she has never experiences any euphoria or high in the past (teetotaler). I have a few questions regarding the same.,

1. Is it ok to combine RSO with chemotherapy protocol?
2. Ever since 2009 my mother suffers from severe dry mouth syndrome and tacking is an issue? Any other method by which one can consume the oil without the euphoria?
3. She is also experiencing vertigo induced by the chemotherapy along with oral thrush, nausea, diarrhea and oral thrush. Is RSO safe to give with vertigo and oral thrush? How will RSO consumption impact vertigo?

You advice and insights will be appreciated. Thanks

Hello robinsonone. Good to meet you, and so sorry it has to be under these conditions, but hey, let's see if I can help you out here.
1. Absolutely. The concentrated cannabis oil will help counteract many, if not all of the side effects from radiation and chemo. It may take more, because chemo in particular comes at such a high physical cost that the cannabinoids have to work harder.

2. Dry mouth might prove to be a benefit with tacking, since one of the chief challenges is getting the mouth dry enough to grab the oil.

Suppositories would offer you not only dosing without euphoria but also a way to increase the dose more dramatically than just about any other method. As a bonus, breast cancer responds well to suppositories as a delivery system. Here's a link to cajuncelt's cancer protocol thread. There's a wealth of information in those pages, including important information about making the oil more bioavailable. I highly recommend you take the time to check out that thread.

Suppositories

3. I'd think any concerns about vertigo would be related to euphoria, and that might be a legitimate concern, but you're looking for ways to avoid problematic euphoria. The vertigo shouldn't be made any worse with oil, and may improve, given the many ways the cannabinoids interact with the human systems. Many of the cannabinoids fight infection and counteract nausea and the endocannabinoid system regulates elimination, so that should improve with the oil usage as well.

I hope I answered these to your satisfaction. If not, please, keep asking. You should pepper us with questions until you're comfortable with proceeding. It's a dedicated band of cannabis warriors that prowl these halls. You're in good hands. There's much to be hopeful for. Please extend the warmest wishes for a speedy recovery to your mother. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hello robinsonone. Good to meet you, and so sorry it has to be under these conditions, but hey, let's see if I can help you out here.
1. Absolutely. The concentrated cannabis oil will help counteract many, if not all of the side effects from radiation and chemo. It may take more, because chemo in particular comes at such a high physical cost that the cannabinoids have to work harder.

2. Dry mouth might prove to be a benefit with tacking, since one of the chief challenges is getting the mouth dry enough to grab the oil.

Suppositories would offer you not only dosing without euphoria but also a way to increase the dose more dramatically than just about any other method. As a bonus, breast cancer responds well to suppositories as a delivery system. Here's a link to cajuncelt's cancer protocol thread. There's a wealth of information in those pages, including important information about making the oil more bioavailable. I highly recommend you take the time to check out that thread.

Suppositories

3. I'd think any concerns about vertigo would be related to euphoria, and that might be a legitimate concern, but you're looking for ways to avoid problematic euphoria. The vertigo shouldn't be made any worse with oil, and may improve, given the many ways the cannabinoids interact with the human systems. Many of the cannabinoids fight infection and counteract nausea and the endocannabinoid system regulates elimination, so that should improve with the oil usage as well.

I hope I answered these to your satisfaction. If not, please, keep asking. You should pepper us with questions until you're comfortable with proceeding. It's a dedicated band of cannabis warriors that prowl these halls. You're in good hands. There's much to be hopeful for. Please extend the warmest wishes for a speedy recovery to your mother. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hi SweetSue,

Thank you for your kind wishes and the detailed info, quite helpful. Had a few more questions?

1. Could you please provide me with recommended dosage for my mother to be used as suppositories. (to begin with and the final numbers)

2. Apart from the above, could you help me understand the experience of dosing through suppositories, I could potentially prep my mother's expectations? How will the body respond to this? Is the euphoria completely absent, if dosing this way?

3. Any info on whether we should dose on the day she is scheduled to receive her chemo? If not how many days before and after should we wait before dosing?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Rgds
Robinsonone

Hi SweetSue,

Thank you for your kind wishes and the detailed info, quite helpful. Had a few more questions?

1. Could you please provide me with recommended dosage for my mother to be used as suppositories. (to begin with and the final numbers)

2. Apart from the above, could you help me understand the experience of dosing through suppositories, I could potentially prep my mother's expectations? How will the body respond to this? Is the euphoria completely absent, if dosing this way?

3. Any info on whether we should dose on the day she is scheduled to receive her chemo? If not how many days before and after should we wait before dosing?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Rgds
Robinsonone

Let's move this conversation to the study hall Robinsonone. I'll transfer the post there and answer your questions. The link is in my signature line.

Hi,
I'm very new to all this and just wondering if cannabis oil can treat desmoid (benign) tumors? they are very rare and none cancerous but grow aggressively. Thank you

Hi,
I'm very new to all this and just wondering if cannabis oil can treat desmoid (benign) tumors? they are very rare and none cancerous but grow aggressively. Thank you

Hello alno. Good to meet you. We have a member (KeifKeith) who's working up a protocol for his son who has benign but aggressive tumor growth. Stop in at the Study Hall (see the link in my signature line below) and post this question there. He checks in there every day, so he'll be in touch with you fairly quickly. They've just begun the regimine, but they're seeing promising results in the early stages.

May you find the answers you seek. Keep asking until you find ones that you understand and that work for you.

Back
Top Bottom