Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

I apologize if this has been covered already (or something similar), new here and new to oil. I read quite a few posts on this thread and now I feel a bit more confused than before. I used weed recreationally years ago but nothing since then. I have a desmoid tumor (rare, non metastasizing, but intermediate soft tissue tumor not responding to chemo, etc. and surgery brought recurrence). I'm going on an alkaline diet with lots of juicing. I have 3 grams of oil to start with that I got from a club. I understand the dosing (1/2 grain of rice, 3 times/per day to start and each week or so build up until at 1/gram per day after 5 weeks or so). My 3 grams cost $97, and it says it is only .84% CBD (though it is 61.55% THC, and it says .57% CBN). Don't I want more CBD than this or is it ok? Also, unless I figure out how to get this from the same club/same strand each time.... each 3 gram syringe I buy may be different strands and percentages of cbd/thc. Is all of this ok? I don't know if I'm just complicating things or if I haven't done enough research and am in over my head. I'm hoping to start this oil on Monday (a few days from now).

Any advice/input from anyone would be great. I feel a little lost.

edit: sorry I mean strain! See, I really need some help lol.

Hello,

I know you haven't been active recently, but was wondering maybe you get my msg and respond? My sister is diagnosed with desmoid tumor on her upper back and she just started using cannabis oil. I was wondering if you had a good results? This is a very rare condition and was wondering if cannabis oil helped you with your tumor. Thank you

It's a few months since discussion in this thread petered out, so I'm wondering whether 'tacking' may not have found as much favour as it might seem to deserve? It certainly addresses a number of problems associated with alternative means of administering high dose THC oil.

One question I have relates to breath odour. Is there an unmistakeable odour coming from these multiple deposits of CCO on the gums? If so, it would seem where administration by suppositories could claim an advantage in being almost undetectable.

Obviously, on the scale of things cannabis breath should be a relatively minor concern, though just the same it seems prudent not to give nosey officers an excuse to search you, in those backward countries where cannabis is still very much illegal. (Let me hasten to add that I'm not specifically referring to traffic stops—since those using THC medication should not be driving!)

It's a few months since discussion in this thread petered out, so I'm wondering whether 'tacking' may not have found as much favour as it might seem to deserve? It certainly addresses a number of problems associated with alternative means of administering high dose THC oil.

One question I have relates to breath odour. Is there an unmistakeable odour coming from these multiple deposits of CCO on the gums? If so, it would seem where administration by suppositories could claim an advantage in being almost undetectable.

Obviously, on the scale of things cannabis breath should be a relatively minor concern, though just the same it seems prudent not to give nosey officers an excuse to search you, in those backward countries where cannabis is still very much illegal.

There is an odor to the "tack" as long as it is on your gum. Once it absorbs, it is gone (a tic tac can help :)) :circle-of-love::peace:

I understand that medicating for cancer can necessitate up to 1 gram of CCO per day. Is it going to be practicable to administer all of that by tacking? It does seem a phenomenol amount to be glueing around the gums in tiny daubs.

Is it found that tacking with large doses of CCO causes local irritation of the gums?

Maybe with such amounts it needs to be divided up, with a portion taken by tacking, but most taken as a suppository?

Some do exactly as you stated and use both methods. I tack for MS issues and don't need the amount used for cancer. Most with cancer have been advised to use both tacking and suppositories.
The reason you are not seeing as much posting on this site is MotoCo... Who taught us all the wonders of tacking passed away. There are others on site that will wander through and help where they can... Cannafan is a wealth of information on this subject...
Hope you have a blessed and green day....:circle-of-love:

I understand that medicating for cancer can necessitate up to 1 gram of CCO per day. Is it going to be practicable to administer all of that by tacking? It does seem a phenomenol amount to be glueing around the gums in tiny daubs.

Is it found that tacking with large doses of CCO causes local irritation of the gums?

Maybe with such amounts it needs to be divided up, with a portion taken by tacking, but most taken as a suppository?

Are you or a loved one facing cancer at this time? Your specific questions about tacking are good, but I'd hate to see you come to 420 magazine and not have a thread help you with a big challenge like a form of cancer.

As I slowly wend my way through this thread, I'll probably find that most questions have already been asked somewhere along the way by others, e.g., the matter of cannabis breath I now see was raised back here: Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

Thank you folks for your patience! :blushsmile:

Please don't hesitate to ask though. If you're pressed for time we can reduce the stress by helping you locate pertinent information.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

If you're dealing with cancer I'd advise you visit at Cajun's thread and consider visiting the Study Hall (link is in my sig line). It's easier to work out protocol concerns in those two threads. Many patients find the optimal therapeutic dose is closer to 300 mg a day for cancer treatment, with the proper strain and administration method. When you get past this level and know you're going higher you want to be taking 75% of the dose with suppositories.

Keep asking questions until you're satisfied that you're comfortable with the answers you're recieving.

Are you or a loved one facing cancer at this time? Your specific questions about tacking are good, but I'd hate to see you come to 420 magazine and not have a thread help you with a big challenge like a form of cancer.
Thank you for asking, Radogast. I came originally to learn about cannabis as a chronic pain medication for the benefit of a relative, but when I read that cannabis offers hope to cancer sufferers I deferred the pain relief angle to instead hastily gather information on using CCO against leukemia because it could benefit my neighbour who has the disease and is terminal.

I have read and passed on much information about using CCO in heavy doses for cancer treatment. Unfortunately, I think they are seeing it as just too complicated and (since they discussed it with their oncologist) probably futile, despite my best efforts to convey the upbeat positive vibe that membership of this forum imparts. THANKS EVERYONE!

For a start, cannabis is not legal here in Australia, and growing it themselves is out of the question. I of course respect their decision to forego an alternative treatment, but remain hopeful they may reconsider. A web search reveals enough case reports with good outcomes to give me real hope of cannabis knocking leukemia on the head, but I'm careful to be seen as helping them with web research rather than taking the rôle of an advisor (I am not qualified to give medical advice).

In my wider circle of friends I have people suffering cancer, diabetes, chronic lower back pain, rhumatoid arthritis, glaucoma, skin cancer, extensive surgical scarring, lyme disease, and drug-resistant bacterial infections. So among that lot there's need for a whole canna pharmacy!
Touch wood, I have none of these maladies. :wood:

At this stage, I just have a lot of questions. :blushsmile:

Thank you for asking, Radogast. I came originally to learn about cannabis as a chronic pain medication for the benefit of a relative, but when I read that cannabis offers hope to cancer sufferers I deferred the pain relief angle to instead hastily gather information on using CCO against leukemia because it could benefit my neighbour who has the disease and is terminal.

I have read and passed on much information about using CCO in heavy doses for cancer treatment. Unfortunately, I think they are seeing it as just too complicated and (since they discussed it with their oncologist) probably futile, despite my best efforts to convey the upbeat positive vibe that membership of this forum imparts. THANKS EVERYONE!

For a start, cannabis is not legal here in Australia, and growing it themselves is out of the question. I of course respect their decision to forego an alternative treatment, but remain hopeful they may reconsider. A web search reveals enough case reports with good outcomes to give me real hope of cannabis knocking leukemia on the head, but I'm careful to be seen as helping them with web research rather than taking the rôle of an advisor (I am not qualified to give medical advice).

In my wider circle of friends I have people suffering cancer, diabetes, chronic lower back pain, rhumatoid arthritis, glaucoma, skin cancer, extensive surgical scarring, lyme disease, and drug-resistant bacterial infections. So among that lot there's need for a whole canna pharmacy!
Touch wood, I have none of these maladies. :wood:

At this stage, I just have a lot of questions. :blushsmile:

Thanks VerdantSpires

It is indeed wise to be a researcher of options rather than a medical advisor. That is a good way to navigate dangerous waters.

Cannabis is not legal in Australia - yet! The activism to reinstate cannabis as a medicinal herb is moving forward on both the popular level and within some of the governments. Science may (finally) win this one in Australia as in Europe and the Americas. At least you are ahead of New Zealand. :)

I salute your compassion and desire to help those around you, and am glad that you are not personally in need of severe healing.

May you continue to be well.

Hi Jen... I too find my gums get sensitive... I fold up a piece of paper towel and let it sit against my lip and gum and it is so dry when I pull it out it does take that very thin top layer of skin with it... TBH with ya... I have found time is what has helped... it burned and kinda didn't feel very good for the first month or so but honestly I think it gets a tougher skin over it or something because I don't notice it at all now...
As I steadily progress through this long thread :nomo:
I'm trying to understand the finer details of the
procedure so that I can pass it on to others.

I can see that you need the gums to be thoroughly dry, but don't they dry naturally within 30 seconds or so if you just push your top lip up and hold it away from the gums? If not quickly enough for you, then doing this in front of a small fan or hairdrier set on LOW should see to it.

Could those who have used the tacking technique indicate whether you found the CCO to be severely irritating to your gums? Do you believe it was the oil itself or was it your drying procedure that caused the trouble?

It sounds like something where awareness might mean it can be addressed before it establishes as a problem.

VerdantSpires said:
Could those who have used the tacking technique indicate whether you found the CCO to be severely irritating to your gums? Do you believe it was the oil itself or was it your drying procedure that caused the trouble?

It sounds like something where awareness might mean it can be addressed before it establishes as a problem.

I was hoping there would be some answer to this by now. Are there that few of us using tacking, or is it simply that no one is bothered by it in the way VerdantSpires questions?

I was hoping there would be some answer to this by now. Are there that few of us using tacking, or is it simply that no one is bothered by it in the way VerdantSpires questions?

The only time I ever felt any irritation was the first or second time I made the oil. I don't think I cooked my solvent off completely. That is just me however. We all react differently. :circle-of-love::peace:

the tacking has not irritated our gums. With my last batch I think I did not get a all the everclear purged and it does burn a little. But no irritation here in the past couple of years

VerdantSpires, you question about letting you gum dry naturally. If that works for you then yes. I would use the lower gum instead of the upper. Also, I would not use a hairdryer on it simply because it would heat up the gums and could keep your oil from tacking. The oil will move from warm to cold. Some will use a hairdryer on low to heat the tube of oil up and some will rinse their mouth with cold water first for this reason. It can help to make tacking easier esp when first beginning.

VerdantSpires, you question about letting you gum dry naturally. If that works for you then yes. I would use the lower gum instead of the upper. Also, I would not use a hairdryer on it simply because it would heat up the gums and could keep your oil from tacking. The oil will move from warm to cold. Some will use a hairdryer on low to heat the tube of oil up and some will rinse their mouth with cold water first for this reason. It can help to make tacking easier esp when first beginning.

An excellent point - the oil moves from warm to cold. Thank you for the reminder. :hug:

An excellent point - the oil moves from warm to cold. Thank you for the reminder. :hug:

your welcome and hello Sweet Sue. It's been over a year since I have checked in. I hope you and the rest of the gang are doing good.

your welcome and hello Sweet Sue. It's been over a year since I have checked in. I hope you and the rest of the gang are doing good.

It's always good to have someone check in who's been silent for a time. I'm doing better than well, thank you. Starting to get on a roll with medical threads. Best retirement plan ever. :battingeyelashes: The crew is amazing.

How have you been?

Back
Top Bottom