Cannabis Oil - Rick Simpson Method

stupot89

Hi guys going to be making first attempt at making oil any tips or hints? Following Rick Simpson method with rice cooker and isopropyl alcohol, how bad is the smell when cooking in the rice cooker? Anything I can do to reduce smell? Any help appreciated.

Put it outside at about 2:30 am.

If your doing it inside exhaust fans regular fans to the outside, once again you might want to do this when the neighbors are sleeping.

ES

Hi guys going to be making first attempt at making oil any tips or hints? Following Rick Simpson method with rice cooker and isopropyl alcohol, how bad is the smell when cooking in the rice cooker? Anything I can do to reduce smell? Any help appreciated.
The smell is strong and the rice cooker will evaporate the alcohol very fast. So keep a close eye on it so you do not burn the oil. I would only do this outside or in a science lab vent o hood.
The smell will have a Cannabis smell but it also has a noxious smell of the highly flammable vaporized alcohol. Use caution and no open flames

Thanks
The smell is strong and the rice cooker will evaporate the alcohol very fast. So keep a close eye on it so you do not burn the oil. I would only do this outside or in a science lab vent o hood.
The smell will have a Cannabis smell but it also has a noxious smell of the highly flammable vaporized alcohol. Use caution and no open flames[/QUOTE

Thanks mate going to try it outside see how I get on

As mentioned in the rice cooker the alcohol will go fast. Its not practical if making small amounts of oil. But i start mine in the rice cooker then when 3/4 evaporated i put in a smaller thick bottom saucepan. Then i place that pan in a bain marie using vegetable oil instead of water. Heat the oil then turn off the gas or heat source and place the saucepan in. this will evaporate the last of the alcohol. then set it on a low heat until no more bubbles, not too hot or it will burn.

As mentioned in the rice cooker the alcohol will go fast. Its not practical if making small amounts of oil. But i start mine in the rice cooker then when 3/4 evaporated i put in a smaller thick bottom saucepan. Then i place that pan in a bain marie using vegetable oil instead of water. Heat the oil then turn off the gas or heat source and place the saucepan in. this will evaporate the last of the alcohol. then set it on a low heat until no more bubbles, not too hot or it will burn.

I have about 4/5 ounce of pop corn bud I was thinking of using will that be any good? It’s not for medical. So after using bannarie return pot on cooker on low heat?

yeah that be fine. so once you pour out from rice cooker in to a pan, place that in a pan of hot oil and that will evaporate remainder of oil then just keep it on low heat til bubbles are gone.

Just realised it was you cult I have been following your grows on here for a while now. I used the alien set you had and followed your coco feed schedule and had good results. Just trying to fine tweak everything to get monster yields and the best quality. So put the pan in the oil not the oil i have just made? What can I do to get rid of the popcorn bud. I lollipop at 3rd week and I trim back the fan leaves at top of canopy about a week before cut. I’m using 2 400w hps for 4 plants.

Have you set up YouTube channel yet? Thanks for the help bro you are a true legend!

Sorry i just saw this post mate.
yes put the pan into the veg oil and it will evaporate the remainding alcohol from the thc oil.

you will always get a little popcorn unless you scrog.

I have a youtube account but i keep it private and usae it to just share vids to my journals. I do have a brand new podcast on soundcloud called cultivators corner if you want to check it out.

Sorry i just saw this post mate.
yes put the pan into the veg oil and it will evaporate the remainding alcohol from the thc oil.

you will always get a little popcorn unless you scrog.

I have a youtube account but i keep it private and usae it to just share vids to my journals. I do have a brand new podcast on soundcloud called cultivators corner if you want to check it out.
I will definitely check out your pod cast. That sounds awesome! I may even call in sometime, if you do calls. That would be cool to be able to spread the word and discuss cultivation.
Heck, with the talent that is on these boards, you could have some awesome discussions.
I will definitely look it up. I really appreciate people like you. Thanks for sharing valuable information.

i just boiled mine down on low heat on the stove with a thick bottom pot, once it got down to the point I could put it in a small baby jar I set it in a steamer with the lid off until all the alcohol was gone and it was thick. It worked great.

Back
Top Bottom