Cannabis oil! What happened?

cannabifreak

Hi guys!
I'm trying to make cannabis oil.
I used 99% alcohol.
There are several videos on youtube explaining this process and it is quite simple.
At this moment I am in the last phase of evaporation of the alcohol and I came up with a whitish liquid.
From what I realized by searching on the internet, this whitish liquid could be from the misture of alcohol with water.
As I had some problem with mold I decided to bathe (with hydrogen peroxide) my plants ..
I let them dry for a few days and now I'm trying to make oil.

I need some advice.

What would you do guys?
Can I consume this oil? or is it going to the trash?
Do I need to do anything extra to eliminate that white colour?
Is it safe to consume it?

best regards

cannabifreak
img_oil_1.jpg
img_oil_2.jpg
img_oil_3.jpg
img_oil_4.jpg
img_oil_5.jpg

Continue heating it at about 230°F/110°C until it stops bubbling. This is a necessary part of making the oil, as the temperature not only drives off the moisture, but decarboxylates it.

As for using it, that would be my choice of last resort, and I'd be very careful. I have no idea if the mold is dead, or if there are any toxic remains.

Wow.:oops:
I personally wouldn’t take that. I’m not familiar with your whole process. I always used high prof drinkable alcohol. So I’ve never had experience with your products. But I’ve never seen it turn white. It looks like a congealed fat. Did you add butter or an oil?

When you cook off the alcohol, you should be left with a dark tar like substance and the bubbles have stopped. Capture it while hot or it’s a PITA!
That said, I personally don’t trust mold and scrap anything with mold... But there are lots who will use it.
:passitleft:

As mentioned the white color happens at the tail end of the process. You need to keep heating it to boil out the remaining water. Low and slow is the way to go. I set my electric griddle on low, usually takes 3-4 hours for a quart of 150proof everclear to be ready.

Ethanol if you must use a liquid solvent. CO2 if you want to use a gas.

I eliminated CO2 due to the expense of the equipment required. Ethanol (drinking alcohol, Everclear) is not available near me, I'd have to distill my own. I'd get into trouble with alcohol readily available. If that's the route you choose, check out Brewhaus America. They make excellent reflux columns.

I decided on a rosin press. Check out our sponsors Dabpress, and DulyTek for more information. If you intend to do anything but smoke the rosin, you will need to decarboxylate it.

Ethanol if you must use a liquid solvent. CO2 if you want to use a gas.

I eliminated CO2 due to the expense of the equipment required. Ethanol (drinking alcohol, Everclear) is not available near me, I'd have to distill my own. I'd get into trouble with alcohol readily available. If that's the route you choose, check out Brewhaus America. They make excellent reflux columns.

I decided on a rosin press. Check out our sponsors Dabpress, and DulyTek for more information. If you intend to do anything but smoke the rosin, you will need to decarboxylate it.
Thanks old salt for the info!!

Back
Top Bottom