Cannabis Pathogens

I would think if you start your crop from clones from an outside source, the potential for trouble is there. I put way too much money and energy into each crop to risk losing 30% of it or ending up with product that is weak in terps or THC.
I'm wondering if it can survive in the soil in the remaining roots- if so new soil every crop is going to be necessary or a good clean-up if you run any kind of hydro.

That caught my eye too, but what's the cause here? everyone buying clones from the same place
or is it this result of heavy monoculture practice?
As often you'll find if you just put a lot of one thing of something in an area you just created a huge weak spot for anything fungal bacterial or viral or pests that can instantly get the whole bunch as there are no buffers or natural defences.

PATHOGENS ARE FASTIDIOUS OBLIGATE OPPORTUNISTIC ORGANISMS AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR ENVIRONMENT ANY WAY THEY CAN......ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WITH CLONES IS THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS AND CAN BECOME EXTREMELY WEAKENED.....GENE EXPRESSION OR EPIGENETICS PLAYS A CRITICAL ROLE IN PATHOGEN/HOST INTERACTIONS.....ESSENTIALLY PATHOGENS CAN CAUSE DISREGULATION IN THE PLANTS METABOLISM CAUSING WEAK OR DEAD PLANTS

WELL YOUR "SPECULATION" AND OBSERVATIONS IN MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION ARE CORRECT .....
It occurred to me that HLVd may have crossed to cannabis in the state of Washington, USA. Hops is and has been the principal crop in the central part of the state around Yakima, thousands of acres, and Washington was among the first states to legalize cannabis. This is, of course, speculation on my part

Is this something the casual home growers need to be concerned about ? is it easy to spot like if I had mold that happens when it's too humid
YES, IF YOU EITHER GROW HOPS OR IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO HOPS FARMS YOUR PROBABILITY OF GETTING HLVd INCREASES

HLVd has already spread everywhere. The symptoms don't show until last quarter of flowering and appear as reduced vigor, stunted or underdeveloped buds and reduced cannabinoid & terpene production. Yield reduced by 30% and potency even more.
It is cultivar genotype dependent, so there are likely varieties that are resistant. The NIH story has all the info:

Hop Latent Viroid: A Hidden Threat to the Cannabis Industry

READ MY INFORMATION/BIO PAGE.....IT WILL TELL YOU MY PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AS WELL AS WHY I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.....ADDITIONALLY YOU SHOULD LOOK AT MY PLANTS IN THE PHOTO SECTION. I TYPE IN ALL CAPS DUE TO MY DYSLEXIA....NOT YELLING....HELPS ME SEE THE LETTERS.....

Back
Top Bottom