Cannabis Regulations: The ACMPR Is Gone!

I received a letter from Health Canada today. The ACMPR is dead and gone. It has been replaced by the Cannabis Regulations.

1. All current licences remain valid until they expire on the date stated on the license;
2. The Cannabis Regulations have a new application form;
3. Applications may be submitted using the old ACMPR forms until Jan 17, 2019; and
4. Nothing seems to have changed for us under the new Cannabis Regulations.

You can find the complete Cannabis Regulations here. It is a very long document. The part affecting us starts with paragraph 254, as PART 14 - Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes.

The Halifax Reional Municipality has similar restrictions. With the exception of a few designated areas, smoking, or vaping any substance on municipal property has been banned. Several landlords have come out with the same policy.

I understand for recreational, but I was always under the impression that medical users had special rights, seems we've lost them...

The only folks that have rights are the politically correct sheople, living in cities, quite willing to inhale the smog and drink the polluted municipal water; but are unwilling to get even a whiff of tobacco smoke, a vape pen, or a cannabis plant. Their rights trump those of every other person on the planet.

Well, I have the right to ignore the rules and do it my way, always have, always will :) The law didn't stop me for nearly 40 years before I got my 'script, and it won't stop me in the future...

Nothing is changing with medical just under the Cannabis Act and will have no storage limits, basically!

Had a Dr. visit this week and he doubled my script and sent the renewal off! He doesn't see medical ever going away, he is still signing new patients up for free!

Funny you mention that, my doctor doubled my grams per day also, on the basis that non-medical recreational users have NO limits on possession at their homes.
I'm now allowed 49 plants, yippee :)
lol

Back
Top Bottom